• Views 1,494,277
  • Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102

Rayan92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You should have installed the FBI app already, just use the update function on the fbi installer menu. It should install updated fbi on the system. (In this case you should have 2) Then you don't need to have fbi installer injected into the H&S anymore cause it already exist without that form. :)

Hey thanks for your help managed to update to Luma3ds and updated to latest FBI as well. I can download most CIAs except this one for now..I tried multiple pokemon moon CIAs to no avail...any ideas??

Attachments

• 17092154_10154991725196774_1987344984_n.jpg
    17092154_10154991725196774_1987344984_n.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 355

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks for your help managed to update to Luma3ds and updated to latest FBI as well. I can download most CIAs except this one for now..I tried multiple pokemon moon CIAs to no avail...any ideas??
First, update your FBI installer, is outdated. Second, You probably have a bad file, If have cfw already, why not just use freeshop?

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I assume you don't have CFW. You need CFW to install CIAs that aren't legit.

Rayan92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First, update your FBI installer, is outdated. Second, You probably have a bad file, If have cfw already, why not just use freeshop?

Oh it is? I just downloaded it from the github during cfw setup! Sorry about that. May I know how to update FBI then?

I also thought Freeshop only allowed to download games you already purchased and have their keys?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I assume you don't have CFW. You need CFW to install CIAs that aren't legit.
I do I am using Luma3DS and I can download most CIAs out there except for a select few like pokemon moon. I tried various CIAs of the same game

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I do I am using Luma3DS and I can download most CIAs out there except for a select few like pokemon moon. I tried various CIAs of the same game
freeShop then. I recently installed Pokémon Moon from freeShop, and as it says in the title... it's free. Most games on the eShop, for free.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh it is? I just downloaded it from the github during cfw setup! Sorry about that. May I know how to update FBI then?
Okay good. Next time just use the update option in the fbi installer menu. Sorry, my glasses was blurred and seem like it said 2.4.2 instead of 2.4.8.
I also thought Freeshop only allowed to download games you already purchased and have their keys?
Yes, you can, as long as you can find the title keys, if you know where to look.

Rayan92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
freeShop then. I recently installed Pokémon Moon from freeShop, and as it says in the title... it's free. Most games on the eShop, for free.

Okay will try it out! I'll look for the title key cheers!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay good. Next time just use the update option in the fbi installer menu. Sorry, my glasses was blurred and seem like it said 2.4.2 instead of 2.4.8.

Yes, you can, as long as you can find the title keys, if you know where to look.

Thanks for the help will setup freeshop and look for the keys

Reactions: vinstage

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having a problem with most downloaded cia. I don't know if it's because I'm on luma 11.3 vs rei 10.7. on rei 10.7 the cia installed just fine (dq8 uncensored/restored music). on luma 11.3 I get this:

Failed to install cia file
Result code: 0xD8E0806A
Level: Permanent (27)
Summary: Invalid argument (7)
Module: AM (32)
Desc: Cert signature or hash check failed (106)

I also get the same error using reinand 5.1 pre-release on 11.3.

does anyone have any ideas?

Rayan92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been having a problem with most downloaded cia. I don't know if it's because I'm on luma 11.3 vs rei 10.7. on rei 10.7 the cia installed just fine (dq8 uncensored/restored music). on luma 11.3 I get this:

Failed to install cia file
Result code: 0xD8E0806A
Level: Permanent (27)
Summary: Invalid argument (7)
Module: AM (32)
Desc: Cert signature or hash check failed (106)

I also get the same error using reinand 5.1 pre-release on 11.3.

does anyone have any ideas?

Had the same issue for a while and when I updated to Luma3ds 11.3 I could install most CIAs again. I would get that error all the time until I updated FBI as well so make sure you have the latest version of FBI.
Lastly some CIAs are just bad try various sources.

Saalih

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Everytime I run FBI I get stuck on it Counting something. It keeps listing lines with "Count"s. Is this normal? I've left it for a long while and nothing has happened yet. Can somebody please help me?

Rayan92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so how can we download the final version of FBI? and its gonna works if i don't have Luma3ds?

Don't know which version you have try and update from FBI itself or uninstall and reinstall the latest version...this is assuming you have cfw Luma3ds

Trophies
XP
ok seems i sent the message after being pissed off for about an hour so ima apologize to the modders and people on this forum my mistake i kinda drove myself mad looking for a way for me to install roms on my 3ds and i made it worse on myself when i kept digging on the internet so im sorry for my attitude towards you guys it just sucks that i cant either downgrade and or install cfw although i'm sticking to the whole don't wanna buy games thing cause my family is on a budget and downloading games free is in a way a money saver i just recently was able to install hbrew and i was able to do a lot more then what i'm able to do now on 3ds as i said sorry everyone and thank you for taking your time to correct were i was wrong.
Use punctuation. You are really hard to understand.

pepepotamo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
hey guys, I updated FBI to ver. 2.4.8 from ver. 2.4.7 using FBI itself, but now I have both versions installed (2.4.7 AND 2.4.8) and its really bugging my OCD, how do I delete 2.4.7? can I do it without having to pull my microsd out?

Rayan92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys, I updated FBI to ver. 2.4.8 from ver. 2.4.7 using FBI itself, but now I have both versions installed (2.4.7 AND 2.4.8) and its really bugging my OCD, how do I delete 2.4.7? can I do it without having to pull my microsd out?
  1. System Settings icon, then "Open."
  2. Tap "Data Management."
  3. Tap "Nintendo 3DS." ...
  4. Select the data you would like to delete, then select "Delete".
  5. Make sure you know which version you're deleting it won't usually say in the delete menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Software update might improve it.