ROM Hack [RELEASE] Fantasy Life Save Viewer/Editor

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you still put CFW on 11.4?
not as of yet (unless something came out in the last 12 hours and I'm unaware of it. Check Smealum and Yellows8's twitter pages (as well at the homebrew github.io page), as those typically announce new entry points/exploits very quickly.

chirisu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to hex edit items and damage by any chance? I saw the items hex codes but have no idea where the quantity is and some items' hex code do not match. Thank you!

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to hex edit items and damage by any chance? I saw the items hex codes but have no idea where the quantity is and some items' hex code do not match. Thank you!
damage/defense are float values, as opposed to 1-2 byte 'normal' hex values. Keep in mind going over 4 digits may wrap you to negative (as the float is signed), though 1000 is more than enough for attack/defense considering the damage cap, anyway. There's an NTR plugin that makes it very easy to edit weapons/armor if you have full CFW.

zetsu64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is there a reason you specified savedatafiler as the program to use? Because I used Jk save manager and was able to export the files but i get the error

File not Found
Press OK to ignore and risk data corruption
Press cancel to kill the program

Even though those are the saves you specify in your instructions. I'd really appreciate the help.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is there a reason you specified savedatafiler as the program to use? Because I used Jk save manager and was able to export the files but i get the error

File not Found
Press OK to ignore and risk data corruption
Press cancel to kill the program

Even though those are the saves you specify in your instructions. I'd really appreciate the help.
Fantasy Life saves as EXT data (on the SD) and not Save Data (on the game cartridge/a different location on the SD if digital). JKSM's exported file is formatted different that what the editors are looking for, so you wont be abl;e to edit properly despite the exported save still being valid to use for re-importing via JKSM.

Anonstoner420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with the save editor, everytime i go to do ANYTHING with it, Wethersfield it's just money or exp, name change, whatever, it always puts me at a Fledgling rank in ALL Lifes I haven't done yet, so I can't get the skill for say cooking or anything I haven't started on, even when I set then all back to Novice when I start the game it goes to novice

Reactions: DNA64

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with the save editor, everytime i go to do ANYTHING with it, Wethersfield it's just money or exp, name change, whatever, it always puts me at a Fledgling rank in ALL Lifes I haven't done yet, so I can't get the skill for say cooking or anything I haven't started on, even when I set then all back to Novice when I start the game it goes to novice
dont use the editor in the OP. It's broken and wont be fixed. Use this instead.

Reactions: DNA64 and KreyolSwa

chirisu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, does anyone know which part of the hex code is the first and second item effects?
I looked over some of the posts that talked about it but it doesn't exactly match mine (some effect does match though, the demonic dagger special skill charge+ effect didn't match). The whole going forward 4 bytes or backward sorta confused me but I think I got it though the effect not matching really throw me off
Also looking for the damage locator in the code too. and I have no idea what float values is but I assume it can be anywhere?

Last edited by chirisu,

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, does anyone know which part of the hex code is the first and second item effects?
I looked over some of the posts that talked about it but it doesn't exactly match mine (some effect does match though, the demonic dagger special skill charge+ effect didn't match). The whole going forward 4 bytes or backward sorta confused me but I think I got it though the effect not matching really throw me off
Also looking for the damage locator in the code too. and I have no idea what float values is but I assume it can be anywhere?
the 'first' effect is innate to the item ID and cannot be changed. if an item ID doesn't have an effect associated with it, the item can never have 2 effects. the 'second' effect is the crafting effect and is the only effect that can be added/changed. The craftign effect ap[pears as the 'first' effect only when an item has no innate effect.

The location varies by item type (tools have it in a different part of the item pattern that armor - both of which are different than the location on weapons). To find them for each type, craft something with a known effect then find the item ID for the new item in a hex editor. The location shortly after with the known effect ID will be the same distance as the effect for all other items of that type.

Last edited by iSharingan,

chirisu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the 'first' effect is innate to the item ID and cannot be changed. if an item ID doesn't have an effect associated with it, the item can never have 2 effects. the 'second' effect is the crafting effect and is the only effect that can be added/changed. The craftign effect ap[pears as the 'first' effect only when an item has no innate effect.

The location varies by item type (tools have it in a different part of the item pattern that armor - both of which are different than the location on weapons). To find them for each type, craft something with a known effect then find the item ID for the new item in a hex editor. The location shortly after with the known effect ID will be the same distance as the effect for all other items of that type.

ohh thank you!
also by any chance do you know where the damage hex code located? I'm a total nub in hex values (tried hex calculator to find damage but no luck)

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ohh thank you!
also by any chance do you know where the damage hex code located? I'm a total nub in hex values (tried hex calculator to find damage but no luck)
damage is stored as a 4 byte long float value and is in addition to the item's base stat. Attack and M.Attack are separate stats and appear right next to each other. I dont remember the exact offsets, but they should be shortly before the name on items crafted after reaching Master Rank (the name will appear as UTF 16 text [plain text with an empty byte between letters] and will be preceded by non-English symbols that resemble a 'b' and 'y').

chirisu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damage is stored as a 4 byte long float value and is in addition to the item's base stat. Attack and M.Attack are separate stats and appear right next to each other. I dont remember the exact offsets, but they should be shortly before the name on items crafted after reaching Master Rank (the name will appear as UTF 16 text [plain text with an empty byte between letters] and will be preceded by non-English symbols that resemble a 'b' and 'y').

so based on DishonorableOne's instruction on a couple pages back. I was able to edit the damage stuffies.
LAST ONE, do you know if the defense for armor/acc/tools has the same location as the weapon? I tested the tools, the location isn't the same . .
thank you so much and so sorry for a bunch of questions "OTL

Last edited by chirisu,

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so based on DishonorableOne's instruction on a couple pages back. I was able to edit the damage stuffies.
LAST ONE, do you know if the defense for armor/acc/tools has the same location as the weapon? I tested the tools, the location isn't the same . .
thank you so much and so sorry for a bunch of questions "OTL
no. armor is in a different location too. Its close, but not the same.

Also note that tools only have 1 value unlike weapons and armor which have 2 each (one for 'normal' and the other for magic attack/defense).

Siveral

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no. armor is in a different location too. Its close, but not the same.

Also note that tools only have 1 value unlike weapons and armor which have 2 each (one for 'normal' and the other for magic attack/defense).
Noob question how to i get the game save to edit it from my 3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY