ROM Hack [RELEASE] Fantasy Life Save Viewer/Editor

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry i made more than 20 dumps x).
I'm in front of the dormagon with my gauge empty and every 2 shots of sword i've made a dump until the gauge was full. First only with the 7'th region but in the end i've been dumping all of them ^^.

Well, it's ramdump made via ntr debugger so don't know what to answer x) !

But what do you mean by: "also take into account all the different changes to the gauge from unlocking by rank" ?
oh i see. so you're using NTR debugger but making RAMdumps. and i mean more of the gauge is unlocked the higher the rank in each life. first the special gauge is filled then when god/creator rank is unlocked then the gauge fills a second time with an orange color (instead of yellow) for activating god/creator mode. this is after the DLC is unlocked in the save.

Last edited by supermariorick,

Nanquitas

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I also use the read command to see the offset only in "real-time".

Oh i didn't know, i'm only lv60 and i'm doing this for fun ahah :).
I'll try with a lv200 and god rank character but i'm not sure the result will be different...

Oh i forgot to say, i'm using a euro version of the game so maybe the offset are different in the USA Version.

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also use the read command to see the offset only in "real-time".

Oh i didn't know, i'm only lv60 and i'm doing this for fun ahah :).
I'll try with a lv200 and god rank character but i'm not sure the result will be different...

Oh i forgot to say, i'm using a euro version of the game so maybe the offset are different in the USA Version.
noted. maybe with TheDeKay's offset lists i can port it.

Still stuck with those two offsets. I can't modify them and i haven't found a third offset yet. :/
For those who want to give a try:
02D90FC0 7'th region (14000000) float value 1/100 ex: 0.3600...
0233AB90 7'th region (14000000) float ex: 36.0000...
ported to US (+0x5000) those would be 0x02D95FC0 and 0x0233FB90

i tried 3F800000 and FFFFFFFF neither of which worked

TheDeKay

I call it research
Trophies
XP
Country
noted. maybe with TheDeKay's offset lists i can port it.

ported to US (+0x5000) those would be 0x02D95FC0 and 0x0233FB90

i tried 3F800000 and FFFFFFFF neither of which worked
Other way around.
EU have +0x5000 on the US Codes. Assuming that @Nanquitas has the EU Version that would be
Code:
02D90FC0 - 5000 = 02D8BFC0
0233AB90 - 5000 = 02335B90

I am fairly certain that you can't change your Skill Gauge via AR because they stay loaded. Any Changes to it will probably not do anything. May be wrong about that.
(At least you can't change your map and similar things because of this)

You will always have 2 Values because 1 is the Savegame Value (if it's in the Save) and the other one is the Ram Value. Editing the Savegame Value should usually be good enough.
Looking at those offsets though I don't think either of them is the correct one.
Instead of making a Skill Gauge Fill Code that you would have to inject every time your skill gauge is empty I would rather create a Code that keeps your Skill Gauge from decreasing, effectivly giving you an always filled Skill Gauge.
But that would be one of the memory offsets. To do that you would have to figure out what decreases your Skill Gauge and then nopping that Offset via AR.

I didn't check if the Skill Gauge is saved in the Savegame at all. In case it is it shouldn't be to hard to find it.

Savegame Offsets in the RAM should be these:
Code:
US:
03980F40 to 039BC340
EU:
03985F40 to 039C1340

Last edited by TheDeKay,

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other way around.
EU have +0x5000 on the US Codes. Assuming that @Nanquitas has the EU Version that would be
Code:
02D90FC0 - 5000 = 02D8BFC0
0233AB90 - 5000 = 02335B90

I am fairly certain that you can't change your Skill Gauge via AR because they stay loaded. Any Changes to it will probably not do anything. May be wrong about that.
(At least you can't change your map and similar things because of this)

You will always have 2 Values because 1 is the Savegame Value (if it's in the Save) and the other one is the Ram Value. Editing the Savegame Value should usually be good enough.
Looking at those offsets though I don't think either of them is the correct one.
Instead of making a Skill Gauge Fill Code that you would have to inject every time your skill gauge is empty I would rather create a Code that keeps your Skill Gauge from decreasing, effectivly giving you an always filled Skill Gauge.
But that would be one of the memory offsets. To do that you would have to figure out what decreases your Skill Gauge and then nopping that Offset via AR.

I didn't check if the Skill Gauge is saved in the Savegame at all. In case it is it shouldn't be to hard to find it.

Savegame Offsets in the RAM should be these:
Code:
US:
03980F40 to 039BC340
EU:
03985F40 to 039C1340
so it is possible to find the skill gauge offset in the save file then port it to RAM then but just difficult to find? neat
so by nopping the skill gauge decreasing mechanism you can essentially make it infinite without injecting code into RAM more than once? and if so then would it be possible to set god mode to not turn off after the time limit or even just inject the time limit value as infinity? i hate having a time limit on god mode especially when a powerful enemy keeps killing your allies and the only way to make any real damage is in god mode.

TheDeKay

I call it research
Trophies
XP
Country
so it is possible to find the skill gauge offset in the save file then port it to RAM then but just difficult to find? neat
so by nopping the skill gauge decreasing mechanism you can essentially make it infinite without injecting code into RAM more than once? and if so then would it be possible to set god mode to not turn off after the time limit or even just inject the time limit value as infinity? i hate having a time limit on god mode especially when a powerful enemy keeps killing your allies and the only way to make any real damage is in god mode.
As I said. I am not certain if the skill gauge is saved in your save file. But someone said it was.
And yeah if you nop the skill gauge decrease you only have to inject code into your RAM once, since it stays full.
There should also be a timer in the ram that ends the god mode. You can either find that and increase it to something ridiculous or set it to a negative value. Not sure if negative Value works - depends on the way this is scripted. Nopping the Timer decrease function or inverting it to increase would also be possible. Alternativly you could try to nop out the "end god mode" function.
But finding the timer value should be the easiest. Those will not be in the save file however. I had those adresses in the 0x032????? region somewhere. This was EU though.

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I said. I am not certain if the skill gauge is saved in your save file. But someone said it was.
And yeah if you nop the skill gauge decrease you only have to inject code into your RAM once, since it stays full.
There should also be a timer in the ram that ends the god mode. You can either find that and increase it to something ridiculous or set it to a negative value. Not sure if negative Value works - depends on the way this is scripted. Nopping the Timer decrease function or inverting it to increase would also be possible. Alternativly you could try to nop out the "end god mode" function.
But finding the timer value should be the easiest. Those will not be in the save file however. I had those adresses in the 0x032????? region somewhere. This was EU though.
interesting. and i recall from experience the skill gauge in my game filling up to a certain point after loading up from a save. so probably the save does keep track of it somehow and has a value for it? just try filling up the gauge naturally then saving then trying it?

it looks like the key to truly hacking Fantasy Life is ASM codes. learn ASM scripts with 3ds ramdumps scanned in Cheat Engine and how to look for the very mechanism that ends god mode after the timer runs out and how to break it by nopping it or some other ASM script. that or find the address for the god mode timer and set the god mode time value to negative 1 (0xFFFFFFFF) or infinity in floating point (0x3F800000) or negative infinity in floating point (0x7F800000) or +/-infinity (0xFF90FF90)
either way hacking a gauge with no visible decimal value is complicated.

just realized making ASM codes generally requires realtime scanning which basically means we're both fucked until smealum makes a nonkernel mode debugger since we both can't use NTR debugger because >9.2 firmware

chinesekidx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some teasing:

huocup.png

Has this feature been released yet? Is there an option or a method where I can set a save file to have the DLC installed?

TheOne61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No unfortunately I think mvmiranda stopped working on it .. we were all waiting for that feature too come out. Skill editing and dlc activating.

Mc Nasty

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I Try edit many weapons from game But is very dificult obtained a especific result..
Exist any item list for check all??

Attachments

• HNI_0008.JPG
    HNI_0008.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 460
  • HNI_0009.JPG
    HNI_0009.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 316
  • HNI_0010.JPG
    HNI_0010.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 306
  • HNI_0011.JPG
    HNI_0011.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 299

TheDeKay

I call it research
Trophies
XP
Country
I Try edit many weapons from game But is very dificult obtained a especific result..
Exist any item list for check all??

It's not difficult at all to get the desired result.
Weapon/Armor Quality is seperate from the damage/defense. Stored in 1byte value from 00 to 04.
Item ID is stored in 4 bytes. (Yes I do have a list of all IDs. It is not english however).
Every Weapon has a base damage which an additional Damage part (4bytes) is stored it it's data. Same for magic damage.
For armor this is defenses instead.
Also every weapon/armor has a base effect. And one additional effect that can be applied. (I also have a list for this - not english)
The Item Amount is also stored in 4 bytes.

The struct for consumeable items and similar is different. The + items do have a different Item ID than the normal ones. They are not affected by the Quality byte. (They don't even have one anyway)

Mc Nasty

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
My original idea was to see if it was possible to create weapons with 2 effects (for those who only have 1) and combine them, think about the damage it is possible to edit it more (have one dagger with damage outside the ¿limit?) not know that modify specifically but hopefully could be quite interesting items...
As if it were possible to please me give those lists I would help sort the items for research thanks!

Attachments

• HNI_0014.JPG
    HNI_0014.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 270

TheDeKay

I call it research
Trophies
XP
Country
My original idea was to see if it was possible to create weapons with 2 effects (for those who only have 1) and combine them, think about the damage it is possible to edit it more (have one dagger with damage outside the ¿limit?) not know that modify specifically but hopefully could be quite interesting items...
As if it were possible to please me give those lists I would help sort the items for research thanks!
If you stop using random values or in that example the range the absolute negative max supported by 4 bytes being. 7F FF FF FF is likely the positive maximum there. (2^31-1)
The effect is bot to hard to edit. But you inly can edit the secondary effect because the primary effect is hardcoded. Secondary effect is saved in 2bytes as you see.

My list is perfectly in order and complete. There is no need to sort it. As I said it's not english and therefore not very useful to most people. I have an english ramdump to dump an english list from. I didn't get to do that yet though.

Back to topic:
I asked @mvmiranda if it was possible to get the source for the Save Editor since he abandoned it and I could use it as a base. Sadly he didn't respond yet.

Last edited by TheDeKay,
Reactions: Thanatos013

chinesekidx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried changing offset 0x35b74 from 0x0 (no DLC) to 0x1 (DLC) and injected my save but it shows that I still have version 1.0.0 instead of 1.0.1

TheDeKay

I call it research
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried changing offset 0x35b74 from 0x0 (no DLC) to 0x1 (DLC) and injected my save but it shows that I still have version 1.0.0 instead of 1.0.1
That's not the only difference between DLC and no DLC Savegames.
And I believe it's bound to the checksum or something along those lines as well.

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you stop using random values or in that example the range the absolute negative max supported by 4 bytes being. 7F FF FF FF is likely the positive maximum there. (2^31-1)
The effect is bot to hard to edit. But you inly can edit the secondary effect because the primary effect is hardcoded. Secondary effect is saved in 2bytes as you see.

My list is perfectly in order and complete. There is no need to sort it. As I said it's not english and therefore not very useful to most people. I have an english ramdump to dump an english list from. I didn't get to do that yet though.

Back to topic:
I asked @mvmiranda if it was possible to get the source for the Save Editor since he abandoned it and I could use it as a base. Sadly he didn't respond yet.
what language is it in then? spanish? japanese? if it's a list that can be of good reference then it doesn't matter what language it's in as it can be translated. also values like item IDs etc are usually mostly universal for the same game unless they are for pointer codes. and even then porting even a list of values to another region is possible. don't let language be the one thing that's in the way of savefile and RAM research. i dont care what language it's in. it can be made useful it just requires more work. hell if you want I'll do the work of turning it into an english list for you. don't even need to translate it as i can just re-test the values on my english version of Fantasy Life as long as i can find an offset to test with and then i would only rely on the values for eventually filling out the list again in english.

TheDeKay

I call it research
Trophies
XP
Country
They are in german and it's pretty annoying to translate. The IDs are exactly the same that's correct but the names differ.
Just trabslating it doesn't really do the job. And I don't think you want to test like 2K Items. (Need to check for the exact amount).
If someone can provide a(n english) RAM Dump (Check Spider) I could dump the names and their specific IDs from that. Same for the effects.
Savegame offsets are exactly the same but the RAM Offsets differ by region.

Currently I can't work on this though because I am not home.

@mvmiranda did still not reply.

Can someone who is good with reversing numeral algorithms look into the checksum stuff?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo