Homebrew [Release] Easily load payloads in HB Launcher via Brahma 2 mod

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know the offset values to load Cakes?
I'm using <arg>/Cakes.dat 0x12000 0x0</arg> but it seems not stable at all.

Thanks.
If cakes boots at all then the offset (0x12000) is probably correct... However the voodoo parameter is a variable that you can play with (its the 0x0 part in your entry) off of the top of my head I don't know what numbers do what but they should be in the OP

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If cakes boots at all then the offset (0x12000) is probably correct... However the voodoo parameter is a variable that you can play with (its the 0x0 part in your entry) off of the top of my head I don't know what numbers do what but they should be in the OP

I used to try 0x12000 0x0 0x0 or 0xF but it's still unstable to boot.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to try 0x12000 0x0 0x0 or 0xF but it's still unstable to boot.
What is "unstable"? What is the boot rate of 10 attempts? Also keep in mind that there's more than 0x0 and 0xF (there's 13 choices in between those two) just play around with those numbers until it works at its best (8/10 seems to be a fairly average boot rate if you have a look through the thread)

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What is "unstable"? What is the boot rate of 10 attempts? Also keep in mind that there's more than 0x0 and 0xF (there's 13 choices in between those two) just play around with those numbers until it works at its best (8/10 seems to be a fairly average boot rate if you have a look through the thread)

about 4 out of 10. I'll try more :)

update: after trying different types of voodoo values, it's ended up to settle down with
<arg>/Cakes.dat 0x12000 0x0 0x3</arg>

Cakes 102 / N3DS XL 9.2
10 out of 10 :grog::grog::grog::grog::grog::grog::grog:

Last edited by thaikhoa,
Reactions: d0k3 and peteruk

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you know the offset values to load Cakes?
I'm using <arg>/Cakes.dat 0x12000 0x0</arg> but it seems not stable at all.

Thanks.
Redownload from the first post (meaning: make sure you have the newest version). The parameters you are using are correct, but I'd suggest you allso use the voodoo paramter. That's: <arg>/Cakes.dat 0x12000 0x0 0x??</arg>. For 0x??, you have to try what works for you. 0xF is a good value for me (N3DS), but for you another value might be better. As I wrote slightly above 0x3, 0xF, 0x1A and 0x1F are good values. You can try otehr values and reach even better boot rates,

EDIT: I see you already solved it :D.

Reactions: thaikhoa

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Redownload from the first post (meaning: make sure you have the newest version). The parameters you are using are correct, but I'd suggest you allso use the voodoo paramter. That's: <arg>/Cakes.dat 0x12000 0x0 0x??</arg>. For 0x??, you have to try what works for you. 0xF is a good value for me (N3DS), but for you another value might be better. As I wrote slightly above 0x3, 0xF, 0x1A and 0x1F are good values. You can try otehr values and reach even better boot rates,

EDIT: I see you already solved it :D.

Hi d0k3, is there any way to make a coolboot for a shortcut via brahmaloader? Thanks.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@peteruk did you try it? If you did, what are your boot succes rates (also tell me for which CFW/tool)? Currently looking into the possibility if the last few commits possibly changed the bootrate.

There's a bug in your latest release that makes CFW can't boot to emuNAND (tested with rxTools, CakesFW) on Old 3DS / XL. Switch to BrahmaLoader 28-11 works perfectly.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi d0k3, is there any way to make a coolboot for a shortcut via brahmaloader? Thanks.
You mean, loading BrahmaLoader from outside of Homebrew Launcher / loading if before the Homebrew Launcher, correct? Yup, there is. You would have to compile a special version of it and either hardcode the payload location or include the payload directly in the loader. Just take a look at 'resources/AppInfo' and what I just wrote becomes a lot clearer.
There's a bug in your latest release that makes CFW can't boot to emuNAND (tested with rxTools, CakesFW) on Old 3DS / XL. Switch to BrahmaLoader 28-11 works perfectly.
By latest release you mean 02-12? There was in fact a buggy (= bad boot rates) release online for a few hours (I hoped no one noticed that), but 02-12 should be free of any known bugs.

Reactions: thaikhoa

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You mean, loading BrahmaLoader from outside of Homebrew Launcher / loading if before the Homebrew Launcher, correct? Yup, there is. You would have to compile a special version of it and either hardcode the payload location or include the payload directly in the loader. Just take a look at 'resources/AppInfo' and what I just wrote becomes a lot clearer.

By latest release you mean 02-12? There was in fact a buggy (= bad boot rates) release online for a few hours (I hoped no one noticed that), but 02-12 should be free of any known bugs.

Yes, it is (Brahma2Loader_20151202.zip). My O3DS XL 954MB SS Nand, it can boot to rxTools menu or cakes menu but won't boot to emuNAND at all. When replacing to 28-11 release, it works.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, it is (Brahma2Loader_20151202.zip). My O3DS XL 954MB SS Nand, it can boot to rxTools menu or cakes menu but won't boot to emuNAND at all. When replacing to 28-11 release, it works.
That error is almost impossible, for two reasons: (1) there is only one small change between the two releases, which can't affect CFWs in that way and (2) once BrahmaLoader has booted you into rxTools / CakesFW, its job is done, and everything else is rxTools / CakesFW responsibility (meaning bugs are also on the CFWs side) :/. You're using voodoo parameter 0x3, correct? Otherwise, if it is 0x1?, then try the new release with 0x3?. if it was 0x3?, try the new release with 0x1?.

Just to be safe I also attached a freshly compiled (but otherwise identical) BrahmaLoader release to this post.

EDIT: If you were using a release prior to 24-11, I'd have an idea what's causing that issue. Not this way, though.

Attachments

• Brahma2Loader_20151203.zip
    365.8 KB · Views: 121
Last edited by d0k3,
Reactions: peteruk

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That error is almost impossible, for two reasons: (1) there is only one small change between the two releases, which can't affect CFWs in that way and (2) once BrahmaLoader has booted you into rxTools / CakesFW, its job is done, and everything else is rxTools / CakesFW responsibility (meaning bugs are also on the CFWs side) :/. You're using voodoo parameter 0x3, correct? Otherwise, if it is 0x1?, then try the new release with 0x3?. if it was 0x3?, try the new release with 0x1?.

Just to be safe I also attached a freshly compiled (but otherwise identical) BrahmaLoader release to this post.

02-12 release is probably a bad compiled one. I did triple check on 02-12 release again, it actually won't boot to emuNAND. Super weired that you said when entering to CFW menu, BrahmanLoader has done its job.

It now works with your new compiled one :D

Reactions: d0k3

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
02-12 release is probably a bad compiled one. I did triple check on 02-12 release again, it actually won't boot to emuNAND. Super weired that you said when entering to CFW menu, BrahmanLoader has done its job.

It now works with your new compiled one :D

Alright, thank you! No idea what's up with that 02-12 release. I did replace the release on the opening post with the 03-12 release now, though, and marked that release stable. It will stay there until there is an improved version.

BeefBaby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it, thank you! Now to test the boot rate.

Edit: When Menuhax 2.0 feels like cooperating, it's apparently a 100% boot rate into Reinand. I just wish the boot rate on Menuhax itself wasn't awful on my N3DS (so back to 1.3 I go yet again with 2.5 payload, sigh). Still needs more testing.

Edit 2: Went back to themehax 1.3 instead of Menuhax 2.0, 6/6 boots into Reinand with Brahma2loader so far (so 100%). I'll stop once I hit 20.

So after 20 boots, using themehax 1.3 with *hax 2.5 payload (I can't use Menuhax 2.0, it boots successfully maybe 20-30% of the time, all others to a white or yellow screen, so it's pointless), I had 18 successful boots. The two failure boots were on a black screen (neither of which were themehax 1.3's fault), so that puts the boot rate on my particular N3DS at 90%. Very acceptable.
My boot rate is awful

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China
best for cakes
Code:
<shortcut>
<executable>/3ds/Brahma2Loader_20151203_stable/BrahmaLoader.3dsx</executable>
<icon>/3ds/Cakes.smdh</icon>
</shortcut>
best for rxtools
Code:
<shortcut>
<icon>/3ds/rxTools.smdh</icon>
<arg>/rxTools/sys/code.bin 0x12000 0x10000 0x1A</arg>
</shortcut>
right?

Reactions: qlm2009

BeefBaby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
best for cakes
Code:
<shortcut>
</shortcut>
best for rxtools
Code:
<shortcut>
</shortcut>
right?
Imma gonna test this

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
best for cakes
Code:
<shortcut>
</shortcut>
best for rxtools
Code:
<shortcut>
</shortcut>
right?
Imma gonna test this
Problem is, the best parameters may also depend on your console (O3DS / N3DS) and exact FW version, so experimentation may still make sense. From what I've heard so far these look good. In any case, very good boot success rates >= 8/10 should be possible.

3xkrazy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@d0k3

Off topic:

Hi d0k3,

Is there a build option that I don't know of to make your BrahmaLoader behave similar to patios' Brahma1 loader when booting from *hax? Is there an option to display the menu which allow payloads to load from the /brahma folder at the root of the SD card?

If not or if you do decide to implement this feature in the near future, could you allow the user to set the brahma folder location on the SD, or point us to the string value in the source code so that it can be changed?

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@d0k3

Off topic:

Hi d0k3,

Is there a build option that I don't know of to make your BrahmaLoader behave similar to patios' Brahma1 loader when booting from *hax? Is there an option to display the menu which allow payloads to load from the /brahma folder at the root of the SD card?

If not or if you do decide to implement this feature in the near future, could you allow the user to set the brahma folder location on the SD, or point us to the string value in the source code so that it can be changed?
Pretty sure the functionality is already there in Brahma2 and BrahmaLoader, you just use them on their own and not as a library

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone