Homebrew [Release] Easily load payloads in HB Launcher via Brahma 2 mod

m45t3r

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Do you think initializing these services is required at all? Delebile, for example, does not initialize anything but GFX, and he still uses HID and aptmainloop().
If you're only interested in ARM9 payloads, the only service that needs to be initialized is gfxInitDefault(), this is according CakeBrah: https://github.com/mid-kid/CakeBrah/blob/master/source/main. Note that you should call gfxExit() only after brahma_exit(), though.

Well, I initialize more services since this seems to be necessary for .3dsx files. I am not sure what is necessary for .3dsx files, BTW.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Brahma2_XML_enabled_fix3.zip

boots nothing.
With Cakes i get the cakes menu and then black screens on top and bottom then hangs
rxTools just gives me 2 black screens and hangs
Yeah, #3 was me, being too fast. #4 should fix things. I removed all the services (but the required one) again. Didn't think that there are that many differences between different payloads. Anyways, @peteruk and @FONZD, it is worth another try now. Check the opening post. And thanks, @m45t3r .

Reactions: peteruk

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, #3 was me, being too fast. #4 should fix things. I removed all the services (but the required one) again. Didn't think that there are that many differences between different payloads. Anyways, @peteruk and @FONZD, it is worth another try now. Check the opening post. And thanks, @m45t3r .

Same error code and then the garbage on lower screen here (sorry)

m45t3r

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

I don't know if you're loading those payloads from disc, but if you are, you probably need to init the services related to filesystem too.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know if you're loading those payloads from disc, but if you are, you probably need to init the services related to filesystem too.
Not required... the BrahmaLoader project also loads from disc without initializing that service and it works fine. Same with CakeBrah. Also, the source code checks if the file is properly loaded into memory before even continuing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Same error code and then the garbage on lower screen here (sorry)
There's still the remote possibility that something doesn't work with your rxTools installation. You can load it via other means, correct? If so, you may try fix5. That one does everything the same as rxTools own loader, save for the bootfix (but that should not be a problem).

Last edited by d0k3,

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not required... the BrahmaLoader project also loads from disc without initializing that service and it works fine. Same with CakeBrah. Also, the source code checks if the file is properly loaded into memory before even continuing.

There's still the remote possibility that something doesn't work with your rxTools installation. You can load it via other means, correct? If so, you may try fix5. That one does everything the same as rxTools own loader, save for the bootfix (but that should not be a problem).

Yes, i can load it auto through menuhax and mset, will try fix5 now and report back :)

@d0k3

Fix 5 works 100% no error message, no garble on bottom screen, rxTools splash screen and then emuNAND

Well done you did it !!!

I am officially a tester too :D

Reactions: d0k3

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, i can load it auto through menuhax and mset, will try fix5 now and report back :)

@d0k3

Fix 5 works 100% no error message, no garble on bottom screen, rxTools splash screen and then emuNAND

Well done you did it !!!

I am officially a tester too :D
Thanks a ton! Well, who wouldn't have thought thsi would require so many tries. Removing the previous versions now. Fix5 has the (minor) disadvantage that it won't display any error messages, so be extra careful to actually put the correct paths into the XML <arg> tag.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dont wanna ruin things, but since the first succesful boot

the following 4 have resulted in black screens, but that could just be Brahma being Brahma

Last edited by peteruk,

FONZD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, looking fine.

You could try something, in the XML file, though. Change the <arg> to "/sys/code.bin 0x12000 0x10000" (without the "). Tell me if it works.

After some tests:

It's working for me with Brahma2_XML_enabled_fix2.zip and <arg>/rxtools/sys/code.bin 0x12000 0x10000</arg> (boot rate without pb: 8/10)

It's working with Brahma2_XML_enabled_fix3.zip and <arg>/rxtools/sys/code.bin 0x12000 0x10000</arg> but sometimes top screen problem or bottom screen problem or twice (boot rate without pb: 2/10)

It's working with Brahma2_XML_enabled_fix4.zip and <arg>/rxtools/sys/code.bin 0x12000 0x10000</arg> but sometimes top screen problem (boot rate without pb: 6/10)

Finaly with Brahma2_XML_enabled_fix4.zip and <arg>/rxtools/sys/code.bin 0x12000</arg> but sometimes top screen problem or bottom screen problem or twice (boot rate without pb: 5/10)

here is my .xml

<shortcut>
<executable>/3ds/brahma2/brahma2.3dsx</executable>
<icon>/3ds/rxtools.smdh</icon>
<arg>/rxtools/sys/code.bin 0x12000 0x10000</arg>
</shortcut>

edit:

oops I am late...

Last edited by FONZD,
Reactions: d0k3

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
After some tests:

It's working for me with Brahma2_XML_enabled_fix2.zip and <arg>/rxtools/sys/code.bin 0x12000 0x10000</arg> (boot rate without pb: 8/10)

It's working with Brahma2_XML_enabled_fix3.zip and <arg>/rxtools/sys/code.bin 0x12000 0x10000</arg> but sometimes top screen problem or bottom screen problem or twice (boot rate without pb: 2/10)

It's working with Brahma2_XML_enabled_fix4.zip and <arg>/rxtools/sys/code.bin 0x12000 0x10000</arg> but sometimes top screen problem (boot rate without pb: 6/10)

Finaly with Brahma2_XML_enabled_fix4.zip and <arg>/rxtools/sys/code.bin 0x12000</arg> but sometimes top screen problem or bottom screen problem or twice (boot rate without pb: 5/10)

here is my .xml

<shortcut>
<executable>/3ds/brahma2/brahma2.3dsx</executable>
<icon>/3ds/rxtools.smdh</icon>
<arg>/rxtools/sys/code.bin 0x12000 0x10000</arg>
</shortcut>

edit:

oops I am late...
So, fix 2 has the best boot rate (up till fix4)... What does "without pb" mean? And, how do these boot rates compare to what you get in either CTR Boot Manager or BootCTR (if you know)?

Last edited by d0k3,

FONZD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, fix 2 has the best boot rate (up till fix4)... What does "without pb" mean? And, how do these boot rates compare to what you get in either CTR Boot Manager or BootCTR (if you know)?
pb= problem

for CTR Boot Manager it's near 100%

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
pb= problem

for CTR Boot Manager it's near 100%
Okay, thanks both of you! In fact, I have a rather bad boot rate for Decrypt9 from CTR Boot Manager at times, so it seems to be different based on what payload you are loading, too :/. I'll see that I can make it work more like CTR Boot Manager does and post later. For now, I'll just put fix2 back up, just in case it helps someone.

Reactions: peteruk and FONZD

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
FYI Brahma2_XML_enabled_fix5.zip and <arg>/rxtools/sys/code.bin 0x12000 0x10000</arg> (boot rate without pb 8/10)

N3DS 9.2.0.28 EUR
Good start already. It is still possible that no better boot rate is possible when HB Launcher is already loaded. I'll need to try and see. It would be a lot better if someone could finally find out what made Brahma 1 so stable and why Brahma 2 doesn't boot at times.

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
It will may be usefull in some case... like decrypt9:

w1e61z.jpg
I know this is offtopic but where can I find that glorious theme?

(also, good job d0k3, you have done so much for this scene <3)

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
FYI Brahma2_XML_enabled_fix5.zip and <arg>/rxtools/sys/code.bin 0x12000 0x10000</arg> (boot rate without pb 8/10)

N3DS 9.2.0.28 EUR

I also have a 9 series EUR N3DS using same version as you, wondering how your launching HBL ? Via webhax or via menuhax / ctr boot manager ?

@d0k3

Ok quick update, i have gone back to Brahma2_XML_enabled_fix5.zip and using the 0x12000 0x10000 configuration i now have a 8 out of 10 boot success rate, much better around 80%

Last edited by peteruk,

FONZD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know this is offtopic but where can I find that glorious theme?

(also, good job d0k3, you have done so much for this scene <3)

here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/rxtools-with-pasta-cfw-theme-thread.392626/page-7#post-5780125 ;)

I also have a 9 series EUR N3DS using same version as you, wondering how your launching HBL ? Via webhax or via menuhax / ctr boot manager ?

@d0k3

Ok quick update, i have gone back to Brahma2_XML_enabled_fix5.zip and using the 0x12000 0x10000 configuration i now have a 8 out of 10 boot success rate, much better around 80%

menuhax / ctr boot manager

m45t3r

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks a ton! Well, who wouldn't have thought thsi would require so many tries. Removing the previous versions now. Fix5 has the (minor) disadvantage that it won't display any error messages, so be extra careful to actually put the correct paths into the XML <arg> tag.
You can have error messages even when booting rxTools. You just need to call gfxInitDefault() without calling consoleInit(). When you need to actually print an error message, call consoleInit() before calling printf() and this should work.

You can look at my code from BootCtr: https://github.com/m45t3r/BootCtr/blob/master/source/misc.c#L88.

Good start already. It is still possible that no better boot rate is possible when HB Launcher is already loaded. I'll need to try and see. It would be a lot better if someone could finally find out what made Brahma 1 so stable and why Brahma 2 doesn't boot at times.
Did you try calling this piece of code?

Code:
// call this right after initializing services, you may need to call aptInit() for it to work
// offset potential issues caused by homebrew that just ran
aptOpenSession();
APT_SetAppCpuTimeLimit(NULL, 0);
aptCloseSession();

This is one of those piece of code that is on Homebrew Launcher that I never understand however seems to fix some issue when multiple calling things. I can't say for sure that it will fix the problem you are having since I don't load BootCtr from HBL (I don't even have a .smdh file, asked some people if they're interested in BootCtr post however no one answered). However, you can try (and if does not work, report to me so I can remove this code or whatever).

Reactions: d0k3 and peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol