Homebrew [Release] Cthulhu - app for managing play time, step history and cached icon data

AlexMoron

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Am I correct in my thinking that it's impossible to reset or edit the name of an entry in Activity Log?

While messing around with VC injection, I screwed up on the naming of one of my CIAs and it seems as though the entry with this ID is stuck for life; I've messed around with Cthulhu in deleting this entry, installing the CIA with the correct name, and checking Activity Log with it still showing the very initial CIA's incorrect name. I'm guessing my best course of action is to just delete the entry and generate a new ID on the CIA with the correct naming?

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hello, I've got a problem. My Health & Safety app looks perfectly normal in menu, sounds perfectly normal, and works perfectly normal. Way back when I first hacked the console I had FBI injected into it but now it is normal. The thing is, it is showing up in my Activity Log as FBI, with the custom title and all. I have deleted shared icon cache, cleared activity log and history, and even went as far as to delete the 00010022 and 00010222 folders from the console's CTRNAND. This purged my entire play history and app list, causing Activity Log to start as if new, walking me through the tutorial etc. them discovering every app again as I launched it. However, when it got to Health & Safety, it AGAIN discovered it as FBI! I am at a loss. Where is it caching this?!

EDIT: Okay nevermind, I did all the same things AGAIN, but in a different order and now it listed it properly.

Last edited by Searinox,

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Cthulhu is an open-source alternative to some of Nintendo's 3DS Development Unit Software, alongside with extra features.

Current version: v1.3.3 (Januray 06, 2018)

Current Features:
- Clear play time history: clears your play time history (it can be seen at Activity Log under "Daily Records"). This can't be undone without a backup of your PTM savefile.
- Clear step history: clears your step history (it can be seen at Activity Log under "Daily Records"). This can't be undone without a backup of your PTM savefile.
- Clear software library: clears your software library (it can be seen at Activity Log under "Software Library").
- Edit software library: allows editing of individual entries on your software library.

- Clear shared icon cache: clear all shared cached icon data, used by Activity Log, Friends List and Notifications (this will also clear your Activity Log title list).
- Update shared icon cache: iterates through all entries and replaces outdated ones.
- Restore shared icon cache: restores the previous shared icon cache in case something goes wrong while updating it.
- Clear HOME Menu icon cache: clears the icon cache used by HOME Menu, then reboots the console so HOME Menu can create it again.
- Update HOME Menu icon cache: iterates through all entries and replaces outdated ones.
- Restore HOME Menu icon cache: restores the previous HOME Menu icon cache in case something goes wrong while updating it.
- Software gift unwrapper: unwraps all software on HOME Menu. Suggestion of @Clydefrosch
- Demo Play Count Reset: resets play count of all installed demos. Suggestion of @DavidRO99
- Folder Count Reset: resets HOME Menu's folder count so that the next folder created is "1". (Only works if you run Cthulhu from Test Menu).
- Replace/remove custom eShop music: self explanatory.
- Clear Game Notes: deletes all your game notes at once.
- Change accepted EULA version: useful for allowing out-of-region online play (when set to FF.FF).
- Toggle HOME/Test menu: changes which menu the 3DS will boot on startup (Test Menu needs UNITINFO patch AND having test menu installed for it to work).

Future Features:
- Misc. features seen on dev unit software.
(Suggestions are also welcomed)

Download:
- Github (3DSX and CIA)
- TitleDB (CIA only. Download from FBI or Homebr3w)

Source:
- Github

Obs.: Because HOME Menu doesn't allow accessing its icon cache while it's running, Cthulhu runs on extended memory mode.
Do you plan on adding Friend List management features? A faster way to delete codes would be really useful ^.^

Exannor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing app, but I’m starting to question what all Tendy looks at when they get the log other than Title IDs.

Do they look at play count and time? Say for example, I accidentally merge two activity logs together and it increased my play count and time played, will I get flagged if I brought it back down to a more legitimate number?

spalmedina121

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
18)
Current version: v1.3.3 (Januray 06, 20

Current Features:
- Clear play time history: clears your play time history (it can be seen at Activity Log under "Daily Records"). This can't be undone without a backup of your PTM savefile.

Hi OP! With this homebrew, is it possible to just edit Play History rather than deleting it? I would like to delete my play history on this certain day but keep the rest. Thanks!

Reactions: EnderGamer1236

EnderGamer1236

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi OP! With this homebrew, is it possible to just edit Play History rather than deleting it? I would like to delete my play history on this certain day but keep the rest. Thanks!
Same question here, I just want to delete *certain* parts of my play log, not delete it entirely... Just remove certain apps from the play log

JMarks585

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I correct in my thinking that it's impossible to reset or edit the name of an entry in Activity Log?

While messing around with VC injection, I screwed up on the naming of one of my CIAs and it seems as though the entry with this ID is stuck for life; I've messed around with Cthulhu in deleting this entry, installing the CIA with the correct name, and checking Activity Log with it still showing the very initial CIA's incorrect name. I'm guessing my best course of action is to just delete the entry and generate a new ID on the CIA with the correct naming?
Did you ever discover a solution for this issue? I have the same problem with some mislabeled CIAs and I want to clean them up without generating a new Title ID.

alex150293

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also looking for this - annoys me I have a few entries in 2011 from battery resets!

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Also having this issue. The icons are wrong and that's what I'm moreso having an issue with though. I know I could just manually edit the title IDs but man idk then importing the save again would be a pain

Edit: If anyone else needs help on this, I deleted the shared icon cache, and it worked for updating the icons. It did delete my Activity log software library but playing each game did bring them back with all their play data. Can't confirm if the names changed since I wasn't really looking for that specifically to be updated, but I guess you can backup your icon data and test it out, worth a try.

Edit 2: Or just hit the "update shared icon cache button" which literally solves this exact issue and I can't believe I missed lol

Last edited by IceBlueLugia,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1