[Release] Cthulhu - app for managing play time, step history and cached icon data

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Ryuzaki_MrL, Aug 27, 2016.

1. noctis90210

noctis90210 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2013
    oh sorry, i taught you want to delete the activity log...

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    I just want to get rid of System Settings because it thinks I play it 24 hours a day.

3. saijm4444

saijm4444 Member

Newcomer
    May 11, 2017
    India

I do not know whether it is because it is a system file or something, but I can reset my play count for 100% complete Phoenix Wright DD just fine. It shows up as 1 minute played after I delete play time data, and reopen it of course, while clearly I have played for more

Last edited by saijm4444, Jun 6, 2017
  4. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    But can you selectively delete the play data for the game while leaving everything else intact?

5. SaffronXL

SaffronXL Emulationer

Nov 17, 2016
    United States
    New Mexico
    No :/

6. Starboy

Starboy GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2017
    India
    Worked fine and deleted my activity log

7. Starboy

Starboy GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2017
    India
    after deleting all the activity log, icon cache etc the boot time is improved by 2-3 seconds, great app this is

Last edited by Starboy, Jun 9, 2017
  8. Nomelas

Nomelas GBAtemp Regular

May 6, 2015
    Canada
    Feature request: option to clear or modify the notifications list/app

EDIT: I guess you already developed another app for that: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-notifymii-homebrew-notification-manager.423334/

Another note: What do the different colors mean when editing the software library? and what does each button do? - I found the answer in a previous post - could we get that updated on the OP?

I found a bug - if you try removing cthulhu from the library, the app crashes.

Finally, is there any way to lets say, blacklist an app so it never shows back up on the activity tracker?

Last edited by Nomelas, Jun 11, 2017
  9. DarkWeegee

DarkWeegee Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2015
    United States
    I try to reset folder count but it says "Failed to open HOME Menu savedata" and when I try to remove software update nag it says "Failed to delete cache file" I'm on 11.4 ofw

Last edited by DarkWeegee, Jun 19, 2017
  10. TheVidoja

TheVidoja Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2017
    Spain
    Hello,
    I want to delete a certain app from the activity log. This is my situation: since I've CFW'd my N3DSXL, I've only used homebrew from the Rosalina menu and I have no homebrew installed to the Home Menu, but, in order to dump the dsp thingy, I had to install a homebrew CIA (the dsp dumper). I installed it, used it and removed it right away, but it appears on the activity log.

As you can see, my problem is that i've been trying to be as "stealthy" as possible with my CFW, but I still have that single homebrew app in the activity log, and I want to remove it.

What do you recommend I do or how do I proceed to remove it?

Thanks!

11. PewnyPL

PewnyPL GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2014
    Poland
    Using Rosalina you can use ANY app to trigger Homebrew. Launch something useless (Nintendo Zone, Nintendo Video, Health and Safety) and while in it press L + Down + Select, go to Miscellaneous options, Switch the hb. title to the current app. Now just quit whatever you started and launch it again, you will boot straight into Homebrew Launcher and the app you used will be logged into Activity Log instead.

TheVidoja likes this.
  12. TheVidoja

TheVidoja Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2017
    Spain
    Yes, that's what I do, but I mean that in one particular occasion I had to install a CIA homebrew and use it, and now it's logged inside the activity log. So I was just asking how to remove it from the activity log, I hope you understand my situation now.

13. PewnyPL

Feb 2, 2014
    Poland
    Oh, that's what you meant. Well, put the .3dsx version of Cthulhu in the 3DS folder, launch it using the Rosalina's Homebrew Launcher.
    Once it's running, go to Activity Log management -> Edit software library. Wait for it to load, find the position you want to remove, press X (it will remove the name and change the titleid to all F) then Y (so it turns from white to red). Press B, confirm to save changes.
    Now launch Activity Log and it will be gone.

TheVidoja likes this.
  14. TheVidoja

TheVidoja Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2017
    Spain
    And when you remove the software library, does the space the removed software leaves seem suspicious to Nintendo? Or can they even see there was something there?

15. PewnyPL

Feb 2, 2014
    Poland
    That is something I don't know, however, if you launch any new game that was never launched before, it will get added into that spot.

TheVidoja likes this.
  16. TheVidoja

TheVidoja Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2017
    Spain
    Oh, nice!

And you say that if I remove the app that way there will be no trace of it ever being installed/used/launched?

17. PewnyPL

Feb 2, 2014
    Poland
    It does seem that way. When I still had FBI installed, I removed it's entry using Cthulhu, launched Activity Log to find it gone and then launched FBI again. Upon launhing Activity Log this time FBI was added again obviously, but it only had one play, with the time logged exactly how long I played it this one time, the previous entries were completely gone.

TheVidoja likes this.
  18. TheVidoja

TheVidoja Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2017
    Spain
    Alright! Then, I'm deleting that dspdump application right off the surface of my activity log! That way I'll have a fully clean activity log :)

Thanks for helping me with my situation! :D :D :D

19. TheVidoja

TheVidoja Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2017
    Spain
    Hey, I just did what was suggested in order to remove an app from the activity log, and it got removed from the software library!

But... it still appears if you enter into the part of the activity log that has all the graphs and the lists of apps.

How would I remove an app from there too?

20. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You can't (unless you nuke the whole activity log).

TheVidoja likes this.