Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

NeroPrototype

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Any errors? I'm currently downloading Shin Megami Tensei IV and also another question, does it takes 2 times the space while it install like a normal CIA on your SD Card or it legits install it without eating your space in the process?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Any errors? I'm currently downloading Shin Megami Tensei IV and also another question, does it takes 2 times the space while it install like a normal CIA on your SD Card or it legits install it without eating your space in the process?
It doesn't create a CIA unless you ask it to. So no it doesn't use twice the space.

Jack Chronicle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can this only download CIA's or can you use it install CIA's that you already have downloaded?
And if it can install them, how do you do that?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Can this only download CIA's or can you use it install CIA's that you already have downloaded?
And if it can install them, how do you do that?
You can choose to install straight from the network or create CIAs to install later using FBI. From memory you toggle the options with L and R but someone might correct me on that.

Jack Chronicle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can choose to install straight from the network or create CIAs to install later using FBI. From memory you toggle the options with L and R but someone might correct me on that.
Whenever I press L it just says I can't change install modes because it doesn't have Kernal Access. And R just changes the region.
And FBI isn't working right now... -_-

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Whenever I press L it just says I can't change install modes because it doesn't have Kernal Access. And R just changes the region.
And FBI isn't working right now... -_-
You can't install anything using the .3dsx version (it can only create CIAs). To install you need the .cia version installed.

SirHawk93

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I installed the program a few minutes ago and when I try searching for games like Super Smash Bros or any Sonic game, it cannot find it. Is it a bug and if it is, how can I fix it? I tried downloading wings.json multiple times and the result was still the same.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So, how can I install it as a .cia file?
Go here https://github.com/llakssz/CIAngel/releases and download the .cia. Install it with FBI or whichever CIA installer you are using.

Or, if you have FBI 2.x you can install via QR code:
CIAngel.php

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey guys, I installed the program a few minutes ago and when I try searching for games like Super Smash Bros or any Sonic game, it cannot find it. Is it a bug and if it is, how can I fix it? I tried downloading wings.json multiple times and the result was still the same.
Where did you put wings.json?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you getting any errors when downloading wings.json? Make sure region filtering is turned off (press R to change region filter until it says off on the bottom of the top screen). Do any results show up if you just search for a space?

SirHawk93

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you getting any errors when downloading wings.json? Make sure region filtering is turned off (press R to change region filter until it says off on the bottom of the top screen). Do any results show up if you just search for a space?

I turned off the region filtering and it worked, thank you very much kind sir! :)

sasha_spb_ru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Several times I tried to create CIA for themes CTR-M-HMMP-00.
Every time nothing happens - stuck on "creating CIA" message.
I waited more than 30 minutes - nothing, no progress or any reaction and only hard power-off helps.
Downloaded this item with PC and FunkyCIA, but can't make CIA - packer says that one of content can't be opened.
Any thoughts?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3