• Views 7,195,053
  • Replies 21,662
  • Likes 283

Xalphenos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe @Molhel is correct. I think I read it in a redit from exzap from a while back. Since it uses OpenGL it really should work quite fine in wine. I'm planning on testing it out myself once I get my linux install back up. After dual booting for 5 years I wiped ubuntu and went straight windows 10. Now I'm missing my linux.

Molhel

Westworld Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe @Molhel is correct. I think I read it in a redit from exzap from a while back. Since it uses OpenGL it really should work quite fine in wine. I'm planning on testing it out myself once I get my linux install back up. After dual booting for 5 years I wiped ubuntu and went straight windows 10. Now I'm missing my linux.

Come back to us, my brother, come back to ussssss!

Once I finish with my work (that sadly can only be done on Windows) I'll boot into my Ubuntu and see what's up. I hope the lack of AMD driver support for older cards won't make a huge difference in performance though.

Xalphenos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Come back to us, my brother, come back to ussssss!

Once I finish with my work (that sadly can only be done on Windows) I'll boot into my Ubuntu and see what's up. I hope the lack of AMD driver support for older cards won't make a huge difference in performance though.

Yeah it was around November or December when I got rid of it. At the time I had Ubuntu installed solo on a laptop and 90+% of the time when I was on my desktop I was gaming so I was on windows. I decided to reclaim those extra couple of seconds of boot time. But now I would really like to try out some linux gaming. Native and Wine. After seeing, just recently, all the videos of Doom running through wine.

I'm really hoping vulkan beats out directx12. A couple years of Vulkan being on top and I think I could shed the windows shackles for good. But the realist in me figures Vulkan will be used about as much as opengl has been used in the past. A shame since it seems vulkan is the better api. It provides a pretty good boost for amd users and a smaller boost for nvidia users. Whereas dx12 seems to hinder performance on both platforms.

Reactions: Molhel

Usl5264

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm still having problems with MK8 crashing. The weird thing is that if I run it on 1.7.3d with a Intel HD 4000 it doesn't crash, but with a HD 6000 it does.

How is that possible? I thought with it being better it would be opposite way round.

I hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Traceable

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I'm still having problems with MK8 crashing. The weird thing is that if I run it on 1.7.3d with a Intel HD 4000 it doesn't crash, but with a HD 6000 it does.

How is that possible? I thought with it being better it would be opposite way round.

I hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Have you tried updating the VGA driver?

Reactions: Usl5264

Apel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Lol, the only interesting thing about that video is that he doesn't get full speed (not sure why). My computer plays MK8 at 5k (maybe more) and high res shadows at full speed at all times.

Interesting is, my Fx6300 (+ GTX 960) score the same results
But Ryzen is better in Single & Multi Performance
Maybe because of the Windows Bug? I'm disappointed

Last edited by Apel,

StripTheSoul

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, Intel is better for emulators but I'm surprised by those low FPS. Not sure what you did wrong there. Maybe you've got Cemu's CPU mode on interpreter? Or GPU buffer cache on high?

lightofhonor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, the only interesting thing about that video is that he doesn't get full speed (not sure why). My computer plays MK8 at 5k (maybe more) and high res shadows at full speed at all times.

Well, Intel is better for emulators but I'm surprised by those low FPS. Not sure what you did wrong there. Maybe you've got Cemu's CPU mode on interpreter? Or GPU buffer cache on high?

I uploaded the video. GPU cache is on low. Disabling SMT boosts framerates up a bit, but still not a locked 60. Main thread pegs at 100% utilization, rendering at 1080p doesn't seem to affect anything so it's definitely the CPU. Overclocking the RAM helped a bit.

Will try overclocking more sometime soon, but doubt 100-200mhz will do much. If there is something else I should try, let me know!

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah pretty much the same results as me with my FX 8320, I'm guessing he has GPU accuracy on default or high, probably using Wii U Pro controller instead of the gamepad, and him being on a course with the MK8 AMD GPU-specific spectator bug (that hurts performance) isn't helping either.
He should do another video with gpu buffer cache on low, using the gamepad, and on a course without the spectator bug. (such as Thwomp Ruins, Cloudtop Cruise, SNS Rainbow Road, etc.)

Reactions: AceofZeroz

lightofhonor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah pretty much the same results as me with my FX 8320, I'm guessing he has GPU accuracy on default or high, probably using Wii U Pro controller instead of the gamepad, and him being on a course with the MK8 AMD GPU-specific spectator bug (that hurts performance) isn't helping either.
He should do another video with gpu buffer cache on low, using the gamepad, and on a course without the spectator bug. (such as Thwomp Ruins, Cloudtop Cruise, SNS Rainbow Road, etc.)
I'll try another course, but currently using the gamepad and accuracy on low :)

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'll try another course, but currently using the gamepad and accuracy on low :)
Alright, if you want something to compare to a 8320 you can use my most recent [non-5K internal resolution] MK8 Grand Prix video* -

*Recorded using CPU encoding in OBS mind you, as with all my videos. :P

Edit-
I'm actually a bit surprised others didn't try to make a gameprofile with "emulateSinglePrecision = true" already tbh. Hopefully a game profile for BotW will be included in the public release of Cemu, as with other instances of "emulateSinglePrecision = true" being needed anyway.

Last edited by Darkemaste,

Esppiral

Trophies
XP
Country
The wonderful 101 4k.

pwz0om2.jpg

qjNpaV9.jpg

eH4pzXU.jpg

Wonderful indeed.

lightofhonor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, if you want something to compare to a 8320 you can use my most recent [non-5K internal resolution] MK8 Grand Prix video* -

I'll cut another video together, but the frame rate was about the same. I'll probably add them on Patreon to see if the new version helps, but probably not since they aren't optimizing for this CPU (yet at least).

Could be a Windows 10 issue as some people have reported games and such working better in 7 with Ryzen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg