Emulation [RELEASE] Cemu - Wii U emulator

• Thread starter Exzap
  • Start date
  • Views 7,229,888
  • Replies 21,664
  • Likes 284

Alex S

Creator Of WWHDM, And Metroid Fusion XER0X!
Trophies
Website
www.erm.wut
XP
Country
United States
Okay Guys Here are the New CEMU 1.5.3 Videos I promised in glorious 60FPS ^-^

So I hope all thsee videos better show off cemu 1.5.3 's progress. REMEMBER TO DONATE TO EXZAP TO SEE THIS PROJECT GET COMPLETED FASTER!! I ♡ CEMU :3

And Im uploading a super long WWHD video of the trading quest as far as you can go in cemu until bugs stop you from completing it. :P

Last edited by Alex S,
Reactions: papermanzero

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there everyone! just a quick question! does anyone know if you can play or get into the "The Legend of Zelda TP Cave of Shadows" dungeon on cemu somehow? :)

EDIT / UPDATE Here is a link for the information about it :)
http://zeldawiki.org/Cave_of_Shadows
Yeah you can try using a save file. There are 100s of them in the debug folder of the game files.

Alex S

Trophies
Website
www.erm.wut
XP
Country
United States
Here are two More CEMU videos in 60FPS showing off the Plessie level changes and
Super Mario Maker's Improvements in CEMU 1.5.3 ^-^ Enjoy!!

DONATE TO EXZAP TO SPEEDUP CEMU DEVELOPMENT!

Last edited by Alex S,
Reactions: papermanzero

Alex S

Trophies
Website
www.erm.wut
XP
Country
United States
Here is the 30 minute video of WWHD in cemu 1.5.3 guys ^-^

As you guys can see various bugs stop me from completing it and eventually it shows the same item at all the merchant islands making it impossible to complete. :P

myowfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's optimized, if it wasn't, games won't work obviously.
You just can't optimize it the way you like. ;)
Yea, optimization refers to trying to get the emulator to run as efficiently as possible. If the developers are looking to get something to work and aren't concerned with what the absolutely most efficient way to do is, then it's not optimized. There have been performance gains but they mainly came from implementing a JIT and, as more instructions get added to the JIT, the more instructions won't be running in an interpreter and that causes a speed boost. Some speed gains could also come from something like the implementation of features like mip-mapping which reduces texture bandwidth. That's not to say that CEMU is completely UNoptimized, but true optimization only really comes when the codebase becomes more mature.

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Yea, optimization refers to trying to get the emulator to run as efficiently as possible. If the developers are looking to get something to work and aren't concerned with what the absolutely most efficient way to do is, then it's not optimized. There have been performance gains but they mainly came from implementing a JIT and, as more instructions get added to the JIT, the more instructions won't be running in an interpreter and that causes a speed boost. Some speed gains could also come from something like the implementation of features like mip-mapping which reduces texture bandwidth. That's not to say that CEMU is completely UNoptimized, but true optimization only really comes when the codebase becomes more mature.
I know that already, it is optimized but not that much, I didn't say/mean it's 100% optimized, neither did I say the code is finished. You completely missed my point.
Without a bit of optimization games would behave crazily.

shanzo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm looking at at adding the highly compatible console exclusive games to my launchbox setup. Is the following list accurate?
Super Mario maker
Super Mario 3d world
New super Mario Wii u
New Luigi Wii u

Edit: Mario kart 8

Alex S

Trophies
Website
www.erm.wut
XP
Country
United States
Shovel Knight is available on PC. Is Tphd completable? I haven't checked out Splatoon lately. Wasn't there issues with travelling through the ink/paint?

Just visual issues on the ink in Splatoon and tphd is beatable as far as I know,only two people have reported problems completing certain sections of the game. But if you have an Nvidia card,wolf link will look like a nightmare

FloatingFatMan

Trophies
XP
Country
dolphin wii u mods ?

What about them?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I know that already, it is optimized but not that much, I didn't say/mean it's 100% optimized, neither did I say the code is finished. You completely missed my point.
Without a bit of optimization games would behave crazily.

That's not what optimization really means...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here are some more SM3DW 60FPS gameplay videos. I always make videos of levels nobody else has recorded before :P

Enjoy :P

It's nice seeing video's and all, but we already know this game works. It would be far more useful to the project if you did video's that show off part where it -doesn't- work properly. And just those parts... Not a 5 second section showing a bug in the middle of a 20 minute video...

Alex S

Trophies
Website
www.erm.wut
XP
Country
United States
It's nice seeing video's and all, but we already know this game works. It would be far more useful to the project if you did video's that show off part where it -doesn't- work properly. And just those parts... Not a 5 second section showing a bug in the middle of a 20 minute video...

Are you freaking serious right now? You want to show the best and most working parts of cemu so more patrons will come in,not the extremely broken shit like hyrule warriors and DKTF that would make them leave in disgust before even dropping a penny towards exzap. I've never made 20 second videos of broken shit before either... And not just that but i never made a 20 minute video showing off a bug.Who the hell are you confusing me for?? And not just that but I'm recording videos of levels we haven't seen in cemu before and showing just how well it emulates games. Are you a pessimist @FloatingFatMan ? Because it seems like you only wanna talk about the bad things in cemu.. And according to several people in this thread you have caused a lot of issues in the past.so please understand,you must think before you type. *R.I.P. Iwata*

Last edited by Alex S,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I thought PS4/5 and Xbox One emulation would be kind of easy since they basically just a PC
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    they sorta are a pc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They haslve dedicated on board chips that aren't tweaked like x64/x32 afaik
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    but its a custom os for both of them
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    designed for only specific hardware
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    so you have to learn to emulate that specific hardware which isn't as easy as you'd think
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's a locked down Linux distro basically
    I think the only custom hardware is to do with the SSD and a security chip
    Probably combined in one chip
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They place married security chips onto boards iirc
    Damn Frontier is offering 5Gbps now lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly can't recommend any of the big 3 this years I'd say buy a rog ally z1 if we're being honest
    Honestly after the PS3 and 360 I just went full PC
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every games basically cross platform they only have about 6 titles making it worth the $600 price tag
    Didn't see much need for a console, all the advantages have kind of disappeared
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the ps3 used to support installing linux because the cpu was so powerful
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then the games are $70 and they want to reboot and refresh the same game every year
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The ps3 was always Linux they just found a way to make it open source
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I'm avoiding buying from the big 3 at all atm
    At one point PC game pads where poorly supported, loading a game had setup, it was complicated. Now it's almost as easy as a console.
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    nintendo needs to up their game soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah even bt support for Xbox one controllers are just as easy as pairing
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    considering the steamdeck can emulate the switch (yikes) theres almost 0 reason to buy the switch apart from playing online and using cartridges
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Xinput and 360 dongles were a driver nightmare
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not