• Views 7,229,703
  • Replies 21,664
  • Likes 284

Xalphenos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loving the new release! I was really expecting a performance hit with all the now working physics in the game. I can gladly say that is not the case. At least for me. Performance is the same as it was in 1.7.3.

I went ahead and started a new game and decided I would start a new cache as well since those large ones can't be trusted. I tried out the newer 9k cache first and was still adding to it so I said to hell with it i'll make my own. Performance wise though there is really no difference between the 9k and my own now 2k cache.

Crashes automatically when loading BotW, doesn't matter which version.

Here's my crashlog if anyone can figure out what went wrong.

What's your system specs?
Have you tried deleting your cemu folder and creating a new one? Obviously back up your saves and anything else you want to keep but try the vanilla extraction first.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
Got public build of 174d and getting only 15fps and see no option for GX2SetGPUFence skip
Wheras on 174c it was 20fps

If you to want enable / disable that option put it in the profile .ini
for the european vesion 00050000101c9500.ini

# The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (EUR)

[CPU]
emulateSinglePrecision = true

[Graphics]
disableGPUFence = true

cheungpakwan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fps always suddenly drop to 1 (one) fps when you are at the top of the tree (great plateau)

is this Cemu bugs ? or BOTW bugs ?

look at this video below at last minute...

AlternativeZero

Trophies
XP
Country
What's your system specs?
Have you tried deleting your cemu folder and creating a new one? Obviously back up your saves and anything else you want to keep but try the vanilla extraction first.
My specs are:

Windows 10 Home Edition
Intel i5 7600
GTX 1050Ti

And I have tried deleting the old folder and extracting the new version.

I also tried some other solutions I found on the subreddit such as updating drivers (which didn't fix it) and resetting the driver settings to default (which also didn't fix it). I'm honestly at a loss since 1.7.3 worked fine.

Sopunov

Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
I have exactly the same problem. I deleted the shadercache. But it still didn't help. No grass, water, and Link falls to the ground. Please help. Really want to play Zelda

Why this hapend? if I have public release 1.7.4 no water, no grass...

20170409025226.jpg

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hm... things turned worse. First 1.7.3 yields black screen and 1.7.4 now plain out crashes:

Code:
Exception 0xc0000005 at 0x1400ea788(+0xea788) in module cemu.exe
cemu.exe at 0x140000000

RAX=0000000000000025 RBX=0000000000000001 RCX=00007fdb1c2a9c68 RDX=0000000000cd5708
RSP=0000000000cc96b0 RBP=0000000000cd6040 RDI=0000000000000000 RSI=0000000000000002
R8 =0000000000000072 R9 =0000000000000025 R10=0000000000000025 R11=00007fdb1c246f10
R12=0000000000000000 R13=000000000022e61f R14=0000000000cd5f80 R15=0000000140448e10

StripTheSoul

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It does. Its fully playable

BTW

Super Smash Bros. WiiU after applying the Update just get a Black Screen. Without the Update it works perfectly

Im overwriting the Update Folders in the Game Folder

OH! Also is there any progress in CITRA? Havent read of it in a while is there any thread like this one but for CITRA?

You need to go into input settings and disable your controller, then it gets ingame. Then you can reconfigure your controller again (it's faster if you export/import your settings)

stickman89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have exactly the same problem. I deleted the shadercache. But it still didn't help. No grass, water, and Link falls to the ground. Please help. Really want to play Zelda

I've discovered the issue.... The Zelda Breath of the Wild DLC is causing CEMU to produce an invalid game profile id. Whether that's caused by applying the DLC In the wrong order, or simply a problem with CEMU recognising the DLC appropriately I do not know.

However I do know if you've applied the DLC, then CEMU will assign the game profile id: 00050000ffffffff, which is not a valid ID.

I assume CEMU devs have patched previously experienced bugs (hit collision, grass and so on...) against valid game profile ID's. Since there is a mismatch, the recent fixes in this new CEMU revision aren't being applied.

This gameprofile id anomaly also explains why the CEMU hook benefits are not apparent.

You can clarify whether or not you are affected by this anomaly by launching your game, 'The Zelda Breath of the Wild', and then opening the log.txt located within your CEMU directory.

You will see the below message written if you are affected:

Code:
[13:57:20] Mounting local storage (updates): .\mlc01\usr\title\00050000\FFFFFFFF\
[13:57:21] Loading game profile "gameProfiles\00050000ffffffff.ini"

If you see the above, then your game likely has the DLC applied which is causing the problem.

If you manually applied this DLC along with any game updates, then you'll need to re-repeat the update procedure without applying the DLC.

If the DLC was pre-applied to your copy, then you'll either need to re-acquire another copy without this DLC or wait for another solution.

I discovered this was the problem observing how CEMU handles game profile ID's.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Stickman89

Last edited by stickman89,

Sopunov

Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
Thank you very much, in the place where the shook already discussed the solution and found a way to remove the DLC without pumping the game. But if it were not for you, I would not go there. Thanks to you I'll play in Zelda. Respect from Belarus.

I've discovered the issue.... The Zelda Breath of the Wild DLC is causing CEMU to produce an invalid game profile id. Whether that's caused by applying the DLC In the wrong order, or simply a problem with CEMU recognising the DLC appropriately I do not know.

However I do know if you've applied the DLC, then CEMU will assign the game profile id: 00050000ffffffff, which is not a valid ID.

I assume CEMU devs have patched previously experienced bugs (hit collision, grass and so on...) against valid game profile ID's. Since there is a mismatch, the recent fixes in this new CEMU revision aren't being applied.

This gameprofile id anomaly also explains why the CEMU hook benefits are not apparent.

You can clarify whether or not you are affected by this anomaly by launching your game, 'The Zelda Breath of the Wild', and then opening the log.txt located within your CEMU directory.

You will see the below message written if you are affected:

Code:
[13:57:20] Mounting local storage (updates): .\mlc01\usr\title\00050000\FFFFFFFF\
[13:57:21] Loading game profile "gameProfiles\00050000ffffffff.ini"

If you see the above, then your game likely has the DLC applied which is causing the problem.

If you manually applied this DLC along with any game updates, then you'll need to re-repeat the update procedure without applying the DLC.

If the DLC was pre-applied to your copy, then you'll either need to re-acquire another copy without this DLC or wait for another solution.

I discovered this was the problem observing how CEMU handles game profile ID's.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Stickman89

Xalphenos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fps always suddenly drop to 1 (one) fps when you are at the top of the tree (great plateau)

I could not duplicate your problem. Is it just the specific tree? I climbed a tree that looked like that one on the great plateau and had no issues.

stickman89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you very much, in the place where the shook already discussed the solution and found a way to remove the DLC without pumping the game. But if it were not for you, I would not go there. Thanks to you I'll play in Zelda. Respect from Belarus.

You're welcome Sopunov, and whomever else this helps!

If you have a loadline game; you can download the latest update via WiiU USB Helper and overwrite the files that exist in your game folder, then simply delete the remaining files the update did not replace that belong to the DLC.

Fortunately the DLC has a very small file tree structure so it's easy to spot the residue.
Code:
├───code
│       app.xml
│       cos.xml
│
├───content
│   ├───0010
│   │   └───System
│   │           AocVersion.txt
│   │
│   └───0011
│       └───System
│               AocVersion.txt
│
└───meta
        iconTex.tga
        meta.xml

The update via Wii U USB Helper is only 2.5GB, and will replace [code dir] app.xml and cos.xml also [meta dir] iconTex.tga and meta.xml - after application there will only be two directories belonging to the DLC left within the 'content' folder of your loadline game. These two folders are "0010" and "0011", simply delete these folders and relaunch your game.

If the two folders, '0010' & '0011', do not exist within your 'content' folder. Your loadline game does not have the DLC included. Therefore, the issue in which this relates to is not relevant.

Best Regards,

Stickman89

Xalphenos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@stickman89 is this only for people who downloaded some all inclusive game+update+DLC pack or something. I have all three with the update and dlc in their respective cemu mlc01 folders and have no issue.

stickman89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@stickman89 is this only for people who downloaded some all inclusive game+update+DLC pack or something. I have all three with the update and dlc in their respective cemu mlc01 folders and have no issue.

Indeed. That, and to those who manually applied (dirty) updates to the game directory - rather then via the method cemu devs have implemented for us at ./mlc01/usr/title/*****/*****/, using the 'aoc' directory for DLC content. All sorts of odd packs floating about.

stickman89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

A similar occurrence just happened to me, accept I wasn't climbing a tree. When this occurred for you, did fps eventually restore back to 'normal'? ...Cemu seems to be locked in this state for me.

Mine went from 30fps to 0.13 - 0.14fps instantly, whilst I was happily playing, and had been for 15 minutes with a stable fps. Looking like I have to reload CEMU. Anymore reports of this?

Attachments

• cemu.png
    cemu.png
    212.4 KB · Views: 327

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
So I put version D in the C folder and fps back to about 20 but sometimes drops. Found game crashes more than version C.

Also when seeing a video scene, getting green artifacts on whole screen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys, krzyx is back (in case you didn't know), i wonder if he's mad i decided to capitalize off...