Last edited by galaktb,

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
EmuNAND is at 10.4 if it can help...

I was already using the exact same files. I downloaded them again just to be sure, but I still get the error.

When it fails, does the bottom screen tell you it found key Y (should be the last line before the fail)?
Does the stable work fine?

galaktb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
When it fails, does the bottom screen tell you it found key Y (should be the last line before the fail)?
Does the stable work fine?
The stable worked fine for me, the problems started when I moved to the nightlies and changed the firmware.bin file.

I attached the error screen.

Attachments

• IMG_20160127_191916.jpg
    IMG_20160127_191916.jpg
    633.7 KB · Views: 303

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mid-kid
Loading gba vc titles fails for me on unlinked sysNAND 9.2 E and emuNAND 10.5 on 03DS.
On unlinked N3DS which uses the O3DS agb_firm from the agb_firmurl it works directly from sysNAND 9.0 E and on emuNAND 10.5 E with the game installed both on sysNAND and emuNAND.
I use the latest 10.4 firms and 6.0.0 agb_firms that are possible with your CFW.
When I launch the game I think the 3DS tries to "soft-restart" but the 3D-indicator stays on.
I also checked the installed firmware titles and everything of 9.2 E is correct except the DS whitelist.

Edit:
I found the reason, the survive-reboot feature also blocks the reboot of other titles than 3DS games, maybe some changes between versions broke the checks of the game type.

Last edited by Wuigi,

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The stable worked fine for me, the problems started when I moved to the nightlies and changed the firmware.bin file.

I attached the error screen.

Grab the stable right now, put the Cakes.dat on the SD card (don't touch any other files), run it, tell me how it went.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@mid-kid
Loading gba vc titles fails for me on unlinked sysNAND 9.2 E and emuNAND 10.5 on 03DS.
On unlinked N3DS which uses the O3DS agb_firm from the agb_firmurl it works directly from sysNAND 9.0 E and on emuNAND 10.5 E with the game installed both on sysNAND and emuNAND.
I use the latest 10.4 firms and 6.0.0 agb_firms that are possible with your CFW.
When I launch the game I think the 3DS tries to "soft-restart" but the 3D-indicator stays on.
I also checked the installed firmware titles and everything of 9.2 E is correct except the DS whitelist.

Edit:
I found the reason, the survive-reboot feature also blocks the reboot of other titles than 3DS games, maybe some changes between versions broke the checks of the game type.

Okay, so Cakes has supported patching AGB for a while, but, do you see any AGB __patches__ in the menu? No? How is it supposed to do anything without actual patches? (Also I don't yet support the N3DS one, because it's useless right now anyway).
And to all the people asking questions about the nightlies: Please don't use the nightlies if you don't understand what some things do. I support and answer questions exclusively about the stable versions. I'll just explain them once they're stable. Thanks.

The fun thing is you're using the patched AGB_FIRM you've installed yourself, apparently. Yay placebo.
And yes, the reboot patches need to be fixed in order to load agb_firmware_patched.bin from the SD card on reboot if a GBA title is being loaded (for n3ds too).

Last edited by mid-kid,
D

Deleted User

What is the reboot patch function in O3DS? Do the console won't reboot if I load MHX? So we can use NTR CFW?
I don't get it. I see no difference. With or without patch the game still reboot.

Sorry for the stupid question.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What is the reboot patch function in O3DS? Do the console won't reboot if I load MHX? So we can use NTR CFW?
I don't get it. I see no difference. With or without patch the game still reboot.

Sorry for the stupid question.
Without the reboot patch a "non legit" installed version of mhx shouldn't even start on o3ds.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This is what I get now.

Okay, so it's confirmed. CETK decryption is still broken on some consoles. Thanks for making me notice.
Meanwhile, you can look for a firmkeyn3ds.bin file on the iso site in the CakesFW thread (given it's still online, idk).

D

Deleted User

The game starts without the patch.
Btw when I boot CakesFW, it said the AGB_FIRM failed or whatever. I know the function. Do I need additional files ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Ancient would be rocking your world out. :rofl2: :rofl2: