Homebrew [Release] Bread Box (C64 Emulator)

radon_22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loving this! Works extremely well. Any possibility of adding .crt support? On the PSP, these were handy because there was no 1541 emulation needed- instant loading of games (Google "EasyFlash scene").

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to sound ungrateful, but I always wonder why people with the ability to make a port always choose to port things with inferior compatibility. Vice (winvice, to be precise) has pretty much been my go-to Commodore emulator for ages! Not to mention that vice also does C-128 emulation. With a C-128 emulator, I could share some of my childhood coding skills from the 80's and early 90's. I used to love writing music on the C-128. The BASIC language on that system was just so simple for such things!

But, to play my music, the way this current port runs (even if it could do C-128) wouldn't work. You need to be able to simply mount the .d64 image, and manually type in the commands for loading and such.

Don't get me wrong though! I'm super excited to see C-64 on the 3DS! Thanks for your effort!

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I don't want to sound ungrateful, but I always wonder why people with the ability to make a port always choose to port things with inferior compatibility. Vice (winvice, to be precise) has pretty much been my go-to Commodore emulator for ages!

People tend to opt for code that's easier to port. Frodo might not be 100% compatible, but it runs at a good speed. You need a far better spec machine to run vice than you do frodo and before someone says that the 3DS would be perfectly capable, not with me behind the driving wheel it woudn't. Frodo is only just hitting 100% speed and even then the sound suffers a little. However, if someone else wan't to have a go at porting vice to the 3ds, by all means, have a go.

Reactions: SLiV3R

rygar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's a one being worked on. Additions will be .cia version, better menus, better disk loading, minor bug fixes.
No promises on eta though, I'm quite lazy.
Very exciting additions. Am I right in that a CIA version (if coded for it) can be faster?

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
I'm very new to the 3DS homebrew scene, and I'm very excited to see how Bread Box develops. Thanks, and good luck!!

Yep! Breadbox is very nice!

One thing I'm not sure about. Do Breadbox use the 804 Mhz mode for the N3DS? It is only a couple of lines of code. But that will make Breadbox 3x faster! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto