Hacking [Release]BootNTR Selector

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone else explain this to me? I'm relatively new to 3DS hacking...I'm sorry if this is a burden
It's a style thing just pick one. The only real important thing is that N3DS only needs either of the non mode 3 while the o3ds needs either of the mode 3 and either of the regular one.

Reactions: Zidapi
D

Deleted-236924

How come Mode 3 only loads 3.4?

I seem to remember being able to just pick 3.2 in a previous version of BootNTRSelector (I could very well be remembering wrong about this), but with the latest release it just boots 3.4 no matter what.
I mean, if anything, I guess I'm fine with running 3.4 whenever I want to use it with Pokémon Sun, but when I want to load the non-Mode 3 for other games afterwards, it'll default to 3.4 because that was the last used, instead of remembering my choice and sticking to 3.2

I could be remembering wrong and maybe BootNTRSelector Mode 3 has always loaded only 3.4, can't really go back and try older version right now though since I'm on 11.4 and I don't believe the older versions work with it. Maybe someone can point out whether this seems right or not.

(The regular BootNTR by cell9 could run ntr cfw 3.2 just fine on extended memory more though, so I don't think there's really a technical limitation requiring us to use 3.4 unless BootNTRSelector does things differently and can't support 3.2 on mode 3.)

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Only 3.4 is compatible with Mode 3, that's why there's no use to allow the user picking a version.

How come Mode 3 only loads 3.4?
(The regular BootNTR by cell9 could run ntr cfw 3.2 just fine on extended memory more though, so I don't think there's really a technical limitation requiring us to use 3.4 unless BootNTRSelector does things differently and can't support 3.2 on mode 3.)

Wrong, 3.2 is not compatible with mode 3.

Mode 3 is not only a thing for BootNTR, the ntr.bin has been modified to add the compatibility (hence why you have a 3.4 old3DS and a 3.4 new3DS).

D

Deleted-236924

I must have been remembering things wrong, then.

In that case, would it be possible to separate the config for regular BootNTRSelector and the Mode 3 variant, so that we can have the regular one autoboot 3.2 or 3.3 without the Mode 3 changing it back to 3.4 every time?

Code:
#if EXTENDEDMODE
    static const char   *configPath = "/Nintendo 3DS/EBNTR/config-mode3";
#else
    static const char   *configPath = "/Nintendo 3DS/EBNTR/config";
#endif

static const char   *configDir = "/Nintendo 3DS/EBNTR/";

That, or making it so the Mode 3 variant doesn't touch the "last version used", that might be the better solution (though not one that I was personally in the mood for figuring out myself at the moment.) Then we get the benefit of only having to set up paths once, and Mode 3 wouldn't interfere with our non-Mode 3 preferences.

Last edited by ,

Peoisue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i think i have one problem
the selector worked fine but the mode 3 keep saying load failed firmware unknown detected firm 2.54.0
i tried holding X to update but nothing happen

update
fixed
downloaded 2.7.3 and worked
i was using 2.6 and wasnt working for me i dont know how

Last edited by Peoisue,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BootNTR 3.2 & NTR CFW 3.5

@44670 44670 released this an hour ago
What's New

Firmware 11.4 support.
Video streaming(new3ds only) should be workable on fw 11.4 now.

Note:
The debugger command for solving wifi issues with video streaming is changed on 11.4:

write(0x00105B00, (0x70, 0x47), pid=0x1a)

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
D6WQPB5.png
:whip:

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat