[Release]BootNTR Selector

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Nanquitas, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Nanquitas
    OP

Nanquitas GBAtemp Addict

Sep 29, 2015
    France
    South of France :)
    As stated in the faq on the first post, Mode 3 only works for games that use Extended Memory Mode.

Try the regular version.

2. FND_FELIX

FND_FELIX Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Thank you! It works perfectly now.

3. FateForWindows

FateForWindows GBAtemp Fan

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    Is your game a normal game (e.g. New Super Mario Bros., Team Kirby Clash Deluxe) or an extended memory game (Pokemon, MH4U, Smash)?

If your 3DS stays on an unlit black screen for >10 seconds, it's an extended memory game, only use Mode 3.

If it doesn't, only use the standard CIA.

4. mwahaha

mwahaha GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2013
    Indonesia
    I have a question. So the newest ntr have a new feature called "blue-light reduction". Is there any way to do the opposite which is to increase the blue light? Because currently my 3ds top screen is too yellow even when this feature is disabled. I just wat to increase the blue-light by one level because the color looks so unnatural. I even compared the same game from my 3ds and from a youtube gameplay, and the gameplay in youtube is noticeably cooler. I think it's because my 3ds has TN screen on it. I've already searching in google, but I can't find any way to decrease my screen color temperature. The only way that is available only to increase the temperature to be more yellow through NTR.

5. FateForWindows

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    1. It's not the TN screens. TN screens wouldn't affect colors unless you're viewing them at extreme angles or your TN screens have a defect, though those could happen with any DS, even IPS ones.
    2. Probably, but it would have a major performance toll.
    3. You're best bet is to replace the screens.

6. mwahaha

mwahaha GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2013
    Indonesia
    I just replaced my screen less than week ago :(

7. FND_FELIX

FND_FELIX Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2017
    United Kingdom
    It was just a normal game. So that means I can use Mode 3 with only an extended memory game, can't I? I thought I can use Mode 3 for anything including extended memory games.

8. Nanquitas
    OP

Nanquitas GBAtemp Addict

Sep 29, 2015
    France
    South of France :)
    No, as stated in the FAQ (first post), Mode 3 can only work with Extended Memory Games.

9. 8bitmaniac

8bitmaniac Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2016
    United States
    it is compatible with 11.5? new updates are always annoying to figure out

10. GizmoTheGreen

GizmoTheGreen GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2009
    if you simply tried it you'd know! :)
    (yes, yes it works just fine on my JP new 3DS on 11.5)

11. FateForWindows

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    11.5 did not change anything homebrew-wise. You're good to go.

12. skydancer93

skydancer93 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2015
    United States
    Is this the version I can stream to my PC on N3DS with? I want to start recording game play and stream to Twitch. If so, how would I do that?

13. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
  14. Silent Hell

Silent Hell GBAtemp Regular

Jul 12, 2015
    United States
    Chicagoland area
    I'm having issues dumping memory. I'm trying to make a cheat for Fire Emblem Fates SE USA for an upcoming project I'm doing and trying to dump the full memory. After I dumped it I checked an offset for a pointer that I always use to load the character table and the value I find is not a normal pointer at all. If fact none of the data I need is in the memory dumps. Even if I dump all memory.

I'm on 11.5 if that means anything. I'm also dumping using this https://github.com/imthe666st/NTRClient/releases
    I've tried other methods of dumping memory like your RAM viewer but the plugin fails. I've ALSO tried tcp Gecko mod but the client keeps trying to connect to my 3DS despite connecting to the right port.

And I know my pointer is right because if I use codes using that pointer they all work.

Does 11.5 break ram viewing for NTR?

15. gamerboy1995

gamerboy1995 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2011
    United States
    Sorry if I'm just stupid or missing something, but I am having trouble with loading NTR on Luma 8.1 because of the error "Firmware Unknown Detected firm: 2.50.11"
    I followed the guide for updating my 10.6U emunand setup to B9S so that it boots Luma 8.1 (with the 10.6U Emunand) automatically but I can choose to boot Gateway Emunand if I want. If I boot Luma, I get the error I mentioned above but, if I boot Gateway, NTR loads correctly and all plugins work. How can I make it load when using Luma?

16. FateForWindows

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    Boot using a newer EmuNAND or SysNAND (not too new or your slot1filler/gateway stops working which means ctrtransfer) or stop using gateway.

17. gamerboy1995

Aug 20, 2011
    United States
    Gateway only supports up to 11.2, which is obviously not the newest. Should I make an EmuNAND backup and then try to update the EmuNAND to 11.2 then?
    I believe the way I would go about that is using SysUpdater, right? or is that outdated by now? I've been out of the 3DS scene for nearly a year and only just got back into it a week or two ago.

18. FateForWindows

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    You should use 3Down, it's a website that has torrent links to ctrtransfers which can be used to downgrade or upgrade.

19. gamerboy1995

Aug 20, 2011
    United States
    It doesn't require me to set up and install any of my games again, does it? I have at least 50 or 60 games on my 3DS and it would be a huge hassle to download and reinstall all of them.

20. FateForWindows

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    Yes, however, it leaves a MUCH smaller chance of bricking, and you can use tikshop and tiksweep to get the tickets back, making them work again.