Hacking [Release]BootNTR Selector

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Many factors seem to affect it. Could be the connection from the pc to the router, could be too many devices on your Wi-Fi (on mine the 3ds is the only device on the 2.4GHz band).
Same here. On the 2.4Ghz band the 3ds is the only device and the PC connected with Gigabit LAN to the router, but Mario Kart 7 only runs fine with kit-kat if i setup priority to one screen. I live in a flat house so it's crowded by another routers but still...

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new Homebrew Launcher with Rosalina may have more privileges on the 3DS than the original one which runs with *hax. Is it possible to create a .3dsx file of BootNTR Selector? This would allow one to use NTR CFW without leaving any traces on the system (tickets, activity log, etc.)

Nintendo doesn't look at "tickets, activity log, etc." though. Nintendo only logs what you run while you are online. See for yourself. Their primary concern is stopping online cheating. Collecting offline usage data would eat massive resources, is probably considered a violation of privacy in several countries, and would generally make for a PR nightmare if the press got wind of such a thing.

So, the only real concern is going online with an invalid title ID running. With that being the case, I will take the .3dsx version for when there's an update (though it's not like NTR gets updated once a week), and I will keep the CIA for convenience. However, a much better solution is possible. Switch to valid IDs. The "Imagine" series would not be missed. If you want to go all .3dsx, that's fine. There's plenty of valid reasons, such as child-proofing or organization purposes. But know the truth, and make your decision based on the facts, not the hype.

I want to play kirby blowout blast cia usa on my new 3ds LL but the game is only in japanese

I just installed bootntr in gateway mode and ran it, and then what do I have to do to change the game region to usa after that?

I believe that requires the language emulator plugin found here. Instructions are on the page. Though if you're not planning to use GW's cheat engine with the game, you might find it less complicated to use Luma's language emulation. Instructions here. Hope that helps.

Impy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to update to 11.5 from 11.4 for the NTR Viewer? i don't want to repeat my past mistakes and update only to find my ability to stream is broken

DarkCain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't understand how to use this. I installed the cia with FBI, then I open the bootNTR selector and it says ''press home to open your game'', I press home and I want to open my cia game and it ask me to close the bootNTR selector, so I need to close it to open my game. And then, I have no idea what to do to activate or see the cheats. I have luna3ds installed and I have created the plugin folder with the cheats in the fold with the ID of my game. How do I use NTR?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand how to use this. I installed the cia with FBI, then I open the bootNTR selector and it says ''press home to open your game'', I press home and I want to open my cia game and it ask me to close the bootNTR selector, so I need to close it to open my game. And then, I have no idea what to do to activate or see the cheats. I have luna3ds installed and I have created the plugin folder with the cheats in the fold with the ID of my game. How do I use NTR?
What model 3DS do you have and which version CIA are you trying to use?

DarkCain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What model 3DS do you have and which version CIA are you trying to use?
I have an old 3ds, I use saikyou card battle (english patched).cia

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Version 2.8 opf the NTR selector.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I meant which version of NTR selector.... Anyway if you're using the Mode 3 version, you're using it right. Just press Home to suspend NTR then choose your game, and hit "X" to close it while it loads your game. I'm pretty sure Mode 3 is only necessary for extended memory games like Pokemon/Smash on your model. You can try using the regular version (Not mode 3) if you prefer, sine it exits automatically.

As for your cheats, it depends on how the plugin works. Some cheats don't have a menu, some just use button presses. You'll have to check with the author of the plugin. Most of the time, "select" is a good option to try to see if it's working. If not, check where you got the plugin.

DarkCain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No I meant which version of NTR selector.... Anyway if you're using the Mode 3 version, you're using it right. Just press Home to suspend NTR then choose your game, and hit "X" to close it while it loads your game. I'm pretty sure Mode 3 is only necessary for extended memory games like Pokemon/Smash on your model. You can try using the regular version (Not mode 3) if you prefer, sine it exits automatically.

As for your cheats, it depends on how the plugin works. Some cheats don't have a menu, some just use button presses. You'll have to check with the author of the plugin. Most of the time, "select" is a good option to try to see if it's working. If not, check where you got the plugin.

On github, I downloaded the BootNTRSelector-Mode-3-FONZD-Banner.cia
For the plg file, i got it from a japanese web site because my game is japanese, but I don't think there is something saying how to use it, what to press to activate it.
http://www.speedfly.cn/13196.html

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried "select"? Looking at the plugin it has other cheats that need to be activated through a menu, then with button presses I.e "Complete Deck Start+Up"
If the game doesn't already run in extended memory mode, as @Nanquitas has stated, then you have to use the standard one. Mode 3 won't work if you want to play a non-Mode 3 game.

Also, not all patched ROMs will work properly with NTR plugins. Keep that in mind.

FND_FELIX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is my first post. Sorry for noob but can anyone help me with this?
O3DS 10.3.0-28U
Luma v8.1
BootNTR Selector v2.8

Loading 3.5 ...
Load fail!
#Firmware Unknown
#Detected firm: 2.50.9

FND_FELIX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Update to 11.5 and make a NAND backup beforehand. That's the only solution I have.
I updated and now I can use BootNTR 3.5.
However, I put cheats in plugin the folder which at the root but when I started the game and pressed X+Y the cheat menu didn't show up.
I tried with another game, the menu didn't show up either. I am quite sure I downloaded the right cheats.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...