Homebrew [RELEASE] Anemone3DS - A Complete Theme and Splash Manager for your 3DS!

D

Deleted User

Are you having problems booting into HOME Menu when you turn on the 3DS?

• Is your system a new or old type 3DS or 2DS?
  • How many themes are in your folder collection?
  • Are you using the .cia or .3dsx version?
  • What's the size of your SD card? What's its cluster size (32 KB or 64 KB)?
  • How much free space is available on your SD card?
  • Do you recall the exact themes you tried downloading through Theme Plaza browser?
  • What happens if you try downloading those themes through QR code instead?
- 2DS/New3DS both crashing
- a lot of themes in folder but it crashes when browsing online themes not themes on SD card
- CIA
- 64GB 32KB
- 3GB free space
- I never tried downloading any I was just browsing through them
- QR code works fine puts theme on SD then I can install

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- 2DS/New3DS both crashing
- a lot of themes in folder but it crashes when browsing online themes not themes on SD card
- CIA
- 64GB 32KB
- 3GB free space
- I never tried downloading any I was just browsing through them
- QR code works fine puts theme on SD then I can install

Can you give a rough count of number of themes you already got? 500, 1000? I would like to try recreating a similar setup to yours, and see if I can crash on my end. Thanks.

Edit - If you wish to keep certain information private, you can PM me. :)

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
D

Deleted User

Can you give a rough count of number of themes you already got? 500, 1000? I would like to try recreating a similar setup to yours, and see if I can crash on my end. Thanks.

Edit - If you wish to keep certain information private, you can PM me. :)
I had 236 themes and it crashed, I then deleted cache and removed all those themes and now it works. Maybe there is a theme limit?

Last edited by ,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had 236 themes and it crashed, I then deleted cache and removed all those themes and now it works. Maybe there is a theme limit?

What happens when you delete the Anemone3DS folder found at 0:/3ds/ ??? The newer builds have cache. Maybe clearing it might fix. I'm using v2.0.0 to check if I can crash while browsing Theme Plaza. No trouble on end so far. I tried checking if there were something that carried over from v2.0.0 with v2.0.1 installed.

Edit - my bad. I missed your new quote vefore it was edited.

Edit 2 - Was it the cache folder found at Anemone3DS btw? Glad to hear it's working again.

D

Deleted User

What happens when you delete the Anemone3DS folder found at 0:/3ds/ ??? The newer builds have cache. Maybe clearing it might fix. I'm using v2.0.0 to check if I can crash while browsing Theme Plaza. No trouble on end so far. I tried checking if there were something that carried over from v2.0.0 with v2.0.1 installed.

I cleared the cache on 2.0.1 after updating from 2.0.0 now everything works fine, it's either a theme limit on SD card or cache issue, one of the two.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Edit 2 - Was it the cache folder found at Anemone3DS btw? Glad to hear it's working again.
Yes it was the cache in 3ds folder

Thank You BTW!

Last edited by ,
Reactions: TurdPooCharger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theme Plaza icon cache

(May 14, 2018)
Here is the entire 175 pages worth of 4195 themes of .smdh icon cache harvested through Anemone. It took some time as Theme Plaza eventually throttled my downloads. This should reduce Theme Plaza's server load and save everyone's time in fetching them yourselves. Just drag and drop the 3ds folder onto your SD card and you should be good to go in exploring all the wonderful themes for you to see and choose. I collected these so that you don't have to! (but mostly because I got two SD cards and ain't doing this twice :P). Also, I don't believe the NSFW themes are in there. Even then, the icons shouldn't show anything revealing, so...

Dunno if there's a .smdh viewer but in case there is and you wish to see more information about specific themes based on the assigned numbers in the folder, go to https://themeplaza.eu/item/### , where ### you substitute for that folder's number.

Sorry I couldn't upload this here as the zip is too big. If there's a better hosting website, perhaps GitHub??, you're free to copy, paste, and rehost (I insists!). Let me know if there are any problems using this cache collection. I haven't double checked this and only did a complete go right single pass.

Edit 1 - In case anyone wonders why the last theme count is 6372, there are many themes that don't have smdh. Those are the ones listed with the TP theme plaza logo.

Edit 2 - I'm not sure if this cache is transferable. I'm getting slow load times navigating the pages with a copy on 2nd SD card. :(
I'll leave the archive download here. Perhaps someone can check if it works or not.

Edit 3 - 2nd microSD is a 128 GB. It could have something to do with size of the the card. Page loads faster with cache than without/downloading from scratch.

Themes
Anemone_ThemePlaza_icon_cache.zip
- 10.7 mb (compressed) / 56 mb (unzipped)

Edit 4 - Added the Splashes collection attached below. There were 325 at the time this was uploaded. These will be kept separate, although both themes and splashes share the same folder directory and number system item scheme. Download, drag, and drop both sets together.

Edit 5 - 05/21/2018, merged Themes and Splash into single container.

Cache Update (Icon only): May 21, 2018 - 11.7 mb (compressed) / 62.4 mb (unzipped) / 181 theme pages / 14 splash pages / 4669 items
Cache Update (Icon only): May 28, 2018 - 12.2 mb (compressed) / 64.9 mb (unzipped) / 188 theme pages / 15 splash pages / 4857 items
Cache Update (Icon only): June 04, 2018 - 7.77 mb (compressed) / 77.6 mb (unzipped) / 192 theme pages / 16 splash pages / 4970 items
Cache Update (Icon only): June 17, 2018 - 8.05 mb (compressed) / 80.6 mb (unzipped) / 199 theme pages / 16 splash pages / 5164 items
Cache Update (Icon only): July 02, 2018 - 8.57 mb (compressed) / 84.9 mb (unzipped) / 210 theme pages / 17 splash pages / 5438 items

STANDARD PACKAGE (quick page navigation)
Cache Update (Icon only): July 17, 2018 - 9.22 mb (compressed) / 90.5 MB (unzipped) / 224 theme pages / 17 splash pages / 5798 items
[See file attachment - Anemone_icon_cache_(07.17.2018).7z]

COMPLETE PACKAGE * (theme explorer's delight)

Cache Update (Icon + BGM + Preview): July 17, 2018 - 4.55 GB (compressed) / 5.00 GB (unzipped) / 224 theme pages / 17 splash pages / 5798 items
Part 1: Anemone_full_cache_[6987]_(06.04.18).7z
Part 2: Anemone_full_cache_[7293]_(06.17.18).7z
Part 3: Anemone_full_cache_[7682]_(07.02.18).7z
Part 4: Anemone_full_cache_[8167]_(07.17.18).7z

* Sets contain cache up to item #8167.

Attachments

• Anemone_icon_cache_(07.17.2018).7z
    9.2 MB · Views: 217

Escorpion

Balamb Seed
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi everyone, i need some help....
OLD3ds---- Emunand 11.6.0-39U
Luma v8.1.1
So the thing is, i was installing themes to check everyone of those... After one theme i rebooted the 3ds like always.. but i get an error.
"You can find a dump in the following file: dumps/arm11/crash_dump_00000012.dmp".
Sooo i tried to solve it, deleting the config file of the luma folder on my 3ds SD card... but it didn´t work.
PSDT: i can keep accesing to God Mode 9 just pressing (start) when i turn the console on. I can get into Sysnand too.

Last edited by Escorpion,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, i need some help....
OLD3ds---- Emunand 11.6.0-39U
Luma v8.1.1
So the thing is, i was installing themes to check everyone of those... After one theme i rebooted the 3ds like always.. but i get an error.
"You can find a dump in the following file: dumps/arm11/crash_dump_00000012.dmp".
Sooo i tried to solve it, deleting the config file of the luma folder on my 3ds SD card... but it didn´t work.
PSDT: i can keep accesing to God Mode 9 just pressing (start) when i turn the console on. I can get into Sysnand too.
Get off emunand man

Escorpion

Balamb Seed
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
There is no reason to use emunand when we have boot9strap
But i always play on emunand, and it is on the last version firmware... when i install boot9strap, i evade to keep only with sysnand, so, do you know how to solve the crash thing so i can get emunand again??
Maybe if i delete the extdata folder from emunand on my sdcard??? but which folder should i delete there??

Last edited by Escorpion,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But i always play on emunand, and it is on the last version firmware... when i install boot9strap, i evade to keep only with sysnand, so, do you know how to solve the crash thing so i can get emunand again??
Maybe if i delete the extdata folder from emunand on my sdcard??? but which folder should i delete there??
Play on sysnand and your problem will be gone

Reactions: Hopalongtom
D

Deleted User

Anemone is freezing while previewing themes on New 3DS XL but working fine on New 3DS and 2DS, same setup, same sd cards.

Can't figure this out.

NVM I deleted my DSP1 dump by accident

Last edited by ,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

• Update to the latest versions Luma3DS v9.0 and boot9strap v1.3
  • Delete the theme ext data folder located at 0:/Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/00000000/000002cd
  • Delete the 0:/3ds/Anemone3DS folder to clear icon cache. Reinstall the .3dsx version if you're using this instead of .cia
  • Set Luma Configuration to run on SysNAND ; hold (Select) when you turn on the 3DS and have it set to ( ) Autoboot EmuNAND
  • You should be able to boot into HOME Menu at this point. Shuffle install the stock 3DS basic color themes (Red, Blue, Yellow, Pink, Black)
  • Launch Anemone and install some custom themes. Restart the 3DS to check if themes are working.
  • If everything checks, go back to Luma Configuration and re-enable (x) Autoboot EmuNAND
  • If EmuNAND isn't working, you may have corrupted it somehow. You may have to remake it from scratch -or- stay with SysNAND.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, chiming in for those who like using Anemone's ThemePlaza browser. On post #526 above, I uploaded the cache set of all the available themes and splashes. It's the one under COMPLETE PACKAGE * (theme explorer's delight).

The latest item is #6987 made at the time of this post. The archive contains the info.smdh , bgm.ogg , and preview.png for the available 4970 themes & splashes. For those who have the SD card space and really like checking out various themes, that set is the solution to significantly reducing a lot of wait times.
  • Items were extracting purely through Anemone; the package does not contain NSFW items.
Although that package will get outdated over time as more themes & splashes are added at ThemePlaza, this should give you guys a head start. I will not be maintaining that package.

There's also the more reasonable STANDARD PACKAGE (quick page navigation).

Semi-off topic, fun observations fact about ThemePlaza
  • While new themes are added throughout the week, most themes are batch approved on Sundays.
  • Themes are not approved by the order of their item number. An item may appear several days after those numbered greater than it.
  • ThemePlaza does not throttle your download speeds; slowdowns occur due to spikes in global download usage. Spikes occurs in waves throughout the day.
  • The best time to start mass downloading theme starts around 4:00am EST, give or take an hour. This burst period lasts up until around 10:00am EST.

astronautlevel

OP
Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Just an FYI that the certificate for Theme Plaza expired yesterday, if you know who has access to renew it.
It's been fixed by now, in the future you should post such things on the ThemePlaza discord, the TP developers hang out there and are super responsive to issues.

aarti

Killua Zoldyck
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Started to update my whole 3DS, now I see there's Anemone 3DS Lucario Edition. What's the advantage of this fork, and is there a thread about it?

astronautlevel

OP
Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Started to update my whole 3DS, now I see there's Anemone 3DS Lucario Edition. What's the advantage of this fork, and is there a thread about it?
I would like to know the same
Anemone3DS Lucario Edition was a prank by a certain member that accidentally got uploaded to TitleDB. It's just a very outdated version of Anemone3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ah, I see.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i wasnt even born when fox kids/jetix was alive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also a couple years ago latin american fox got renamed to star channel
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry
    i thought you didnt read the last couple messages before quoting you agin
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ah sonic x, that show is valid
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (of course the mf with a sonic pfp would say that 😭)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you are not dumb or stupid, you need to stop saying that, you are very smart, even about alot of things I have no clue about. We all love you here, like a big family.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah @BigOnYa love me so much he started yelling at me for having my shoes on in the bed when he caught me with his wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, I don't want mud crumbs in my bed, and btw you left without paying your tab. Ill add it to next month but getting tired of extending.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope silent hill 2 turns out good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen that, hope so too, the first was so epic back then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Didn't look into much is it just a remake
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing drive me crazy is all these new horror games nowadays is its so dark, all time. I can't even play them. I understand they trying to create spooky but be creative a little, not just darkness with pop out scare scenes.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, either that or mascot horror
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna watch gintama for the first time
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, I always turn the lights up on those lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Two studio lights for one horror game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Couch casting for horror
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mig switch already has a v2 lol
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    How we doin' in here?
    OGSniper @ OGSniper: How we doin' in here?