Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
gamesquest1 Okay, got a few questions on the command line arguments:

-exheader Where is this file located?

-code Is "code.bin" something to be generated, or is that another file I have to reference?

-icon/-banner Can I reference the "banner.bnr" and "banner.icn" files located inside the rom directory for these?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
like this

Code:
makerom -f cci -o romedited.3ds -target d -alignwr -exheader decrypted/exheader.bin -exefslogo -code decrypted/exefs/code.bin -icon decrypted/exefs/icon.bin -banner decrypted/exefs/banner.bin -logo decrypted/exefs/logo.bin -rsf RSF.rsf

thats assuming you used the scripts that are around

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well thats the xorpad, basically when you run the nice and tidy scrpt it will ask for the rom name, enter it and it will do all the decrypting and sorting for you

just make sure the rom and the xor pads are in the folder with it

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
well thats the xorpad, basically when you run the nice and tidy scrpt it will ask for the rom name, enter it and it will do all the decrypting and sorting for you

just make sure the rom and the xor pads are in the folder with it

Can you link me to this script? I've just got one that decrypts the main files from the romfs.xorpad. None of the other stuff like exefs.

gtaking112

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah im just looking for it now :D
here you go i just took this from the VC injection stuff.....but its exactly the same for whatever your decrypting
http://filetrip.net/dl?klFzuXHgmF

basically just put the exefs,romfs and exheader xorpads in the folder and the rom and that does all the dirty work

Can you tell me how to rebuild Pokemon Y? I dumped my cart and decrypted it but when I try to rebuild it using makerom it doesn't work. I assume it doesn't play well with the 0 Keys yes? I have successfully rebuilt Crush 3D without having to fix any hashes or anything it just worked so I'm guessing some games just aren't compatible. I've heard other people mention re-xoring, do you know how to do this? Thanks :)

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
gamesquest1 I got it all compiled and stuff, and it went through and compiled the rom! But I had an... Unusual problem.

First of all, the icon after choosing the game from the gateway menu was the "BlargSNES" icon (???), and it didn't display the game title. After attempting to start the game, my 3DS crashes with "An error has occured".

W-What happened?! :rofl2:

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
gamesquest1 I got it all compiled and stuff, and it went through and compiled the rom! But I had an... Unusual problem.

First of all, the icon after choosing the game from the gateway menu was the "BlargSNES" icon (???), and it didn't display the game title. After attempting to start the game, my 3DS crashes with "An error has occured".

W-What happened?! :rofl2:
the icon is to be expected, you can change the uniqueID in the rsf file to fix that, but the crash most likely means it doesnt like the exheader makerom creates for it

Reactions: Huntereb

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
the icon is to be expected, you can change the uniqueID in the rsf file to fix that, but the crash most likely means it doesnt like the exheader makerom creates for it

Could I try the original Mario Kart release (Instead of the one packed with the 1.0 update like I have now)? It's a much older rom, so I'd think it would work better.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Could I try the original Mario Kart release (Instead of the one packed with the 1.0 update like I have now)? It's a much older rom, so I'd think it would work better.
i think its down to the services/permissions the game requires, makerom uses the rsf file to make a one size doesn't fit all exheader, both version probably require the same services

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
i think its down to the services/permissions the game requires, makerom uses the rsf file to make a one size doesn't fit all exheader, both version probably require the same services

Is there no way to currently fix this? I'm fine with waiting a while, since I know the basics, but I'd love to jump right into this kinda thing!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Is there no way to currently fix this? I'm fine with waiting a while, since I know the basics, but I'd love to jump right into this kinda thing!
no easy way around it afaik, i have been looking into it, not really tried too much though, im sure it will be sorted though hopefully, but if you want to just have a play around try some VC injections and stuff to familiarize yourself with the process

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
no easy way around it afaik, i have been looking into it, not really tried too much though, im sure it will be sorted though hopefully, but if you want to just have a play around try some VC injections and stuff to familiarize yourself with the process

I'll go mess with a VC game and change it's title ID so I can try posting screenshots of it. I'll just leave everything else where it's at until a public way of recompiling roms is found (That works with more than 3 games). Thanks for the help, the pre-made batch scripts saved me from reading into what does what, which would have taken hours!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Go with Linux Mint.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    wget "Microsoft edge.exe"
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I'm using linux mint on my other machine, works decent
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    deltree c:\windows\system32\*.* :tpi:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Why not stick to your other machine, no?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    my other machine is old, mostly used for just browsing , some multimedia stuff as it's just old
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
    Veho @ Veho: +1