ROM Hack [Release] 3DS_CTR_Decryptor-VOiD

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
How do you unpack BBB's rom's with ctrtool?
I can actually answer that one helpfully;

"ctrtool -x --romfs=romfs.bin bbb-pokerom.3ds" -- ctrtool, -x for extraction, --romfs=romfs.bin meaning you want the romfs and the outputted binary is named romfs.bin, bbb-pokerom.3ds is the rom you're using.
You can also extract exefs and exheader data if you want.

You do not need xorpads for zero key roms.
enjoy

overlord00

Trophies
XP
Country
Seriously, I love this community.

HeT3SEn.jpg
My original GB game now on 3DS :D

Big BIG thanks to ground for helping me through most of this and making me see my own mistakes
Thanks to Dean_ for the subtle hints
Thanks to Relys for starting this whole thing rolling
Thanks to everyone else in this thread

Right now it's a quick and dirty injection, but I am keen to learn more about this stuff.

Mikecrowfone

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, I love this community.

My original GB game now on 3DS :D

Big BIG thanks to ground for helping me through most of this and making me see my own mistakes
Thanks to Dean_ for the subtle hints
Thanks to Relys for starting this whole thing rolling
Thanks to everyone else in this thread

Right now it's a quick and dirty injection, but I am keen to learn more about this stuff.

So it's still a 128mb 3ds file?

overlord00

Trophies
XP
Country
So it's still a 128mb 3ds file?
see, here's the thing, everyone on here says it needs to be the 'correct size' of 128mb (or so)... however, it's 3mb. (3116kb)
Saying that, I'm not sure if saving works or anything because I haven't fully tested it yet. There are far better people here than me.

I'm standing on the shoulders of giants. While I still learn, learn from what you read, piece together and from the prodding of others.

Reactions: octopus

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Not that I know of. However, chances are that either few or no other people have discovered it before I have told others about it. I first found out about it about a year ago, then realized that it stopped after I downloaded the update for the game. It was not until a few months later that Miiverse was available for the 3DS. I did not really use Miiverse too much at first, but I have used it a lot more recently and thought I would try this to see if it works. I am not sure if anyone else has done this before, or if I am the first person to try it out.

Welp, now that it's here everyone knows. Thanks for sharing, though.

Get ready for a flood of "lol 1337 hax" on the Dream Team Miiverse page.

Mikecrowfone

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
see, here's the thing, everyone on here says it needs to be the 'correct size' of 128mb (or so)... however, it's 3mb. (3116kb)
Saying that, I'm not sure if saving works or anything because I haven't fully tested it yet. There are far better people here than me.

I'm standing on the shoulders of giants. While I still learn, learn from what you read, piece together and from the prodding of others.

Woah. Can you try and see if it saves? If it does, it'll be good to compile a condensed tute.

Mikecrowfone

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It probably won't save properly.

I think what you need to do if you don't want to pad it out to 128MB is pad out the .3ds file a few megabytes and modify the header to point to the new blank space.
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/NCSD#Card_Info_Header

There was a Card2RomTrimTool.exe file floating around and the minimum size I've managed to do was 64mb. Which is heaps for a 3mb gbc rom.

Reactions: octopus

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Welp, now that it's here everyone knows. Thanks for sharing, though.

Get ready for a flood of "lol 1337 hax" on the Dream Team Miiverse page.
It also works for your Activity Feed. However, if you are going to post in the Dream Team community, then I recommend that you relate your posts with custom images back to the game. Otherwise, it will probably be considered off-topic, someone might report it, then the admins might delete them.

In addition, please make sure that the images and posts do not violate the Miiverse Code of Conduct. It is never fun to be banned!

Reactions: The Cringe

overlord00

Trophies
XP
Country
quick question(s);

What are the differences in card type (ie: card1 and card2), and/or can someone link me to the relevant info on some sort of 3DS wiki.
I think card1 saves to SD and card2 saves to the cartridge/rom. Can someone confirm/deny and also reveal any more info?

What should we be saving/creating/injecting our own games as? ie: card1 or card2?

Thanks.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
quick question(s);

What are the differences in card type (ie: card1 and card2), and/or can someone link me to the relevant info on some sort of 3DS wiki.
I think card1 saves to SD and card2 saves to the cartridge/rom. Can someone confirm/deny and also reveal any more info?

What should we be saving/creating/injecting our own games as? ie: card1 or card2?

Thanks.

card 1 still saves to the card, not the sd.
just because of gateway saves them to the card... :) that is why you thought that

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so now that rom injecting is possible =P do you think we will see alot more scene releases by some of you tempers that are doing this?

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Would think it much more likely someone will put together the tools to do your own ROM injecting in a noobfriendly package rather than anyone uploading the ROMs themselves.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the first one that I posted, I put different images into paint and make sure that the final image was 400 x 240. For the others, I could not find the resolutions in a supported format online, so I took pictures of the ones I wanted when they were displayed on a different screen. I also edited one of them in the 3DS Camera app. You might also want to use a more advanced program (such as GIMP or Photoshop) for better results.

This is important:

When the 3D is turned on, if a 3D image only looks different on one set of pixels instead of two, then make sure to leave the 3D on before closing the 3DS Camera app. Otherwise, one set of pixels will be black when using the glitch and the image might not post correctly.

Not that I know of. However, chances are that either few or no other people have discovered it before I have told others about it. I first found out about it about a year ago, then realized that it stopped after I downloaded the update for the game. It was not until a few months later that Miiverse was available for the 3DS. I did not really use Miiverse too much at first, but I have used it a lot more recently and thought I would try this to see if it works. I am not sure if anyone else has done this before, or if I am the first person to try it out.

Yeah, that's all I did too, make an image in Paint and loaded it up in the Photo channel

Sadly the glitch doesn't work with the new SSB demo, probably because the game uses up almost all of the 3DS' RAM - to the point where you can't even open the browser or Miiverse while it's running. When I try to switch apps to Dream Team, it actually lags for about 30 seconds while showing the 3DS boot logo and by the time that's done there's nothing on the top screen. Oh well!

What I'd be curious to find out is what resolution (and position on the screen) the "favorite post" is. That way I can make a better pic that won't get cropped weirdly when someone clicks on my profile. Time to experiment!

(I notice even after uninstalling the update, if that little nag screen comes up saying "do you want to download the update or just launch the game", it doesn't work as it's already closed the previous app by then. I have to shut my wireless off via the switch, and open/close Dream Team a few times before it stops nagging me. Just an observation)

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's all I did too, make an image in Paint and loaded it up in the Photo channel

Sadly the glitch doesn't work with the new SSB demo, probably because the game uses up almost all of the 3DS' RAM - to the point where you can't even open the browser or Miiverse while it's running. When I try to switch apps to Dream Team, it actually lags for about 30 seconds while showing the 3DS boot logo and by the time that's done there's nothing on the top screen. Oh well!

I'm almost doubtful SSB is using enough resources to not allow it to access Miiverse and such while running. Sounds more like a gimmick to remind you that your 3DS is old, and you need to buy the new one. :glare:

Reactions: kyogre123

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!