• Likes 158

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
some cias have something a little weird in the exheader i believe, for example animal crossing.
maybe this tool takes care of that, maybe it doesn't - Friendsxix ?
that could be the problem with nsmb2

Reactions: liomajor

ant888

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes auto generation fails and you need to do it manual. Did you try '4' use Original Exheader? On generating there are help messages, was your Data decrypted the way it should, did you check it? For a few games it's best to make your own .rsf.
I don't know how to make my own .rsf?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes auto generation fails and you need to do it manual. Did you try '4' use Original Exheader? On generating there are help messages, was your Data decrypted the way it should, did you check it? For a few games it's best to make your own .rsf.

As most CFW doesn't support self generated cia, no. The tools can't handle .3dsx.

Use SDinfo_gen.py to geneate it.

Care to explain how to use SDinfo_gen.py to geneate it (In a noob friendly manner please)?

Friendsxix

Introspective Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some cias have something a little weird in the exheader i believe, for example animal crossing.
maybe this tool takes care of that, maybe it doesn't - Friendsxix ?
that could be the problem with nsmb2
Did not read the discussion, but I will weigh in on what you mentioned.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf, among a handful of other games, don't have a compressed ExeFS.
At 0xD in the ExHeader, where the SD load flag is, also lies the ExeFS compression flag.

This is the anatomy in binary of the byte, revealing the flags:

-----------------------00-----------------------
SD Loading Flag__| |__ExeFS Compression Flag

So, if the app was compressed AND SD loading, the flags would be '11', which translates to the hexadecimal byte '03'.
If the app is only compressed, the flags would be '01', which translates to the hexadecimal byte '01'.
If the app is neither compressed nor SD loading, the flags would be '00', which translates to the hexadecimal byte '00'.
If the app is not compressed, yet it is SD loading, the flags would be '10', which translates to the hexadecimal byte '02'.

Confirmed by http://3dbrew.org/wiki/NCCH/Extended_Header.

Reactions: cearp

batman7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To generate SDinfo.bin

download 3DS_Multi_Decryptor; inside there is SDinfo_gen.py (so you need python 2.7 installed)
launch CMD (ms-dos command)
put your sd card in the computer

go to Nintendo 3DS folder
then the first folder with the numbers
then enter the second folder with the numbers
copy the whole url

then in the command prompt
SDinfo_gen.py "D:\Nintendo 3DS\4456545656566565676755\76767777867777878"
and it will generate the SDinfo.bin

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
nice program. is there any step that i can follow to simplify the xorpad renaming?. i use multiple roms however, xorpad created using its own title id. quite difficult to select which one for each roms.

Riku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my program to support RegionFree and MinFW Spoof patches and batch processing. Please test it.
nice program. is there any step that i can follow to simplify the xorpad renaming?. i use multiple roms however, xorpad created using its own title id. quite difficult to select which one for each roms.
Try latest 3.0 version I just uploaded, it grabs needed XORpads automatically from 'xorpads' folder.

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
I updated my program to support RegionFree and MinFW Spoof patches and batch processing. Please test it.
Try latest 3.0 version I just uploaded, it grabs needed XORpads automatically from 'xorpads' folder.
w00t!!!!. thank you.

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Riku
Tried your tool and it's very easy to use, tried regionfree aswell and works flawlessy. I have 2 questions:
1) I'm on n3ds fw9.0, using fw spoof will i be able to play code name steam and puzzle & dragons? i don't think that it works with xenoblade right?
2) Why the output cia is smaller than others conversion tools? for example Tetris ultimate is 34 MB with your tool, while is 51 MB with another.
Thank you

Riku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riku
Tried your tool and it's very easy to use, tried regionfree aswell and works flawlessy. I have 2 questions:
1) I'm on n3ds fw9.0, using fw spoof will i be able to play code name steam and puzzle & dragons? i don't think that it works with xenoblade right?
2) Why the output cia is smaller than others conversion tools? for example Tetris ultimate is 34 MB with your tool, while is 51 MB with another.
Thank you
I didn't tested FW spoof really, so it may or may not work for those games, you should try xenoblade as well. The reason is why output CIA smaller is most likely because of Download Play partition, my program doesn't support DP.

Reactions: night_hawk

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I didn't tested FW spoof really, so it may or may not work for those games, you should try xenoblade as well. The reason is why output CIA smaller is most likely because of Download Play partition, my program doesn't support DP.
Yes i seen that download play for that game is about 17 MB, so could be. May i ask you how your tool handle the manual? I mean the manual as the download play has a separate xorpad file, but while converting to CIA using only the exheader i have the manual anyway.

Riku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i seen that download play for that game is about 17 MB, so could be. May i ask you how your tool handle the manual? I mean the manual as the download play has a separate xorpad file, but while converting to CIA using only the exheader i have the manual anyway.
Manual doesn't require any patching and thus can be transferred as-is encrypted.

Reactions: night_hawk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: :sad: