Status
Not open for further replies.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saying they're unnamed then naming them right away is probably counter-productive :ha:

My policy is to expect nothing and talk about them like an in-joke/running joke until something actually happens. After that, pretend you always knew they'd come through and act superior. Rinse and repeat.

I don't care, Team f0f lost my respect during the Wii U scene and when they teased something, but then wussed out and never released it for all the half-assed reasons.

D

Deleted-452294

OP
I take it you weren't around when they screwed with us in the Wii U scene, and all their BS teasing back then. Never should have teased it, would've been better that way.
Do you have any examples ? And, did they give any promises of release ? That would help me understand. Yet, even if they did indeed, screw with people in the Wii U scene, I believe they still are worthy of respect. They just lost some credibility.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care, Team f0f lost my respect during the Wii U scene and when they teased something, but then wussed out and never released it for all the half-assed reasons.
I know it's 'kay it's 'kay, just kiddin'
Fail0verflow is probably the best candidate for biggest disappointment of the Wii U era, second only to those guys who hacked tracks into Mario Kart 8 in 2014 and released nothing, saying "muh piracy"
Do you have any examples ? And, did they give any promises of release ? That would help me understand. Yet, even if they did indeed, screw with people in the Wii U scene, I believe they still are worthy of respect. They just lost some credibility.
I wasn't really active during this time, so it didn't affect me too much, but they really did make a fucky wucky at that time. The history of this website is littered with "the next big thing" on its way, it's coming, it's coming... It never comes. Don't be off-put by the people who are cynical, they've been burned. You'll get burned. It's part of the gimmick. F0f talked up a big game and released nothing. They're doing something similar with Switch, and it's not like people will let themselves be hyped a second time.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Within the first year of the WiiU's life, they had a very lengthy presentation on how they hacked the WiiU and achieved control of the unit basically at launch. Then they told the entire community they wouldn't be releasing their work due to how manhandled the Wii became after their work on it.

I hold no grudges against them personally, it's their work and they can choose to do with it what they will, but most members of the community don't really like the "teasing an exploit" unless it's going to lead to an end user "muh hax" benefit.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's 'kay it's 'kay, just kiddin'
Fail0verflow is probably the best candidate for biggest disappointment of the Wii U era, second only to those guys who hacked tracks into Mario Kart 8 in 2014 and released nothing, saying "muh piracy"

I wasn't really active during this time, so it didn't affect me too much, but they really did make a fucky wucky at that time. The history of this website is littered with "the next big thing" on its way, it's coming, it's coming... It never comes. Don't be off-put by the people who are cynical, they've been burned. You'll get burned. It's part of the gimmick. F0f talked up a big game and released nothing. They're doing something similar with Switch, and it's not like people will let themselves be hyped a second time.

Yeah, so that's why I can't trust them or even have any minutia of respect for a bunch of c**kteasing losers like them.

I put my faith in the hacking scene in literally everyone else but them, because they actually have or will release something.

D

Deleted-452294

OP
Understandable. But I believe fail0verflow stopped with the Switch now.
The Wii U ended up pretty much dead, though. There are exploits everywhere, but I don't see anything clean, mostly about the browser exploits. Everything looks unpolished, unstable or unfinished, even though all the resource material is available...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, so that's why I can't trust them or even have any minutia of respect for a bunch of c**kteasing losers like them.

I put my faith in the hacking scene in literally everyone else but them, because they actually have or will release something.
Every time I see your posts, they always seem hateful towards any hackers. It sounds like you have a reason to hate and despise all of them, and that you feel the need to share that hatred with everyone, for whatever reason. I understand that you hate fail0verflow, but that's the risk of expecting group releases. Many things could have happened, and I believe it was over-hyped. If you have that much time for sharing your hate with everyone, you should try to reinvest it into something more useful for you.
You should honestly take a break from the Internet. That is quite bad for your health.

Reactions: DarthDub

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heck, I even referenced it earlier;
It has no features to speak of since the creator/s are quieter than the grave and twice as easy to overlook!
Yeah, so that's why I can't trust them or even have any minutia of respect for a bunch of cockteasing losers like them.
A couple of things- not necessarily related to your post, just in general, and your post is good for reference-
1) If Fail0verflow released a custom firmware tomorrow with no bullshit and a great set of features, all this cynicism would go away instantaneously. All we have to go on is their record, which isn't the best.
2) People tend to mistake someone who cracks a lot of jokes for someone non-serious about releases/content/community/etc. I get it frequently, because, as my thingo says, I'm entertaining people. A lot of the posts in anything Rei puts out will be "but is it real, though" even though the record is pretty decent. Relying on Rei to release something is a pretty sure bet, just don't expect updates to be content rich like SciresM's feed, it's gonna be a lot of Lennys and memes, but the end result is the same.
3) I feel like two is too short for a list, so here's a third thing. switch is a good console, yo.

Reactions: Deleted-452294

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I see your posts, they always seem hateful towards any hackers. It sounds like you have a reason to hate and despise all of them, and that you feel the need to share that hatred with everyone, for whatever reason. I understand that you hate fail0verflow, but that's the risk of expecting group releases. Many things could have happened, and I believe it was over-hyped. If you have that much time for sharing your hate with everyone, you should try to reinvest it into something more useful for you.
You should honestly take a break from the Internet. That is quite bad for your health.
@the_randomizer is generally pretty negative, and I didn't like that at first either. But someone's gotta be cynical. His perspective is genuine, and often carves through all the bullshit to what needs to be said. In a time where people got really hyped for Wii U, f0f disappointed everyone for reasons that were less than convincing. F0f has a very elitist feel to it as well, which doesn't help matters. I can understand optimism and pessimism here, neither are too reactionary for the situation.
Rei gave us reinand, which sparked quite the fire in the 3DS scene. Anybody questioning that has issues. Plain and simple.
and by sparked a fire you mean progenated luma, the best piece of software hackers ever created for the console. There's no understating that.

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
I have so many ideas and not enough time. I generally ended up neglecting sleep and well being lol. I work tons of overtime at my job so I can get the promotion I want.
But anyways yea it's been on gitlab for a month or two.. Probably around when I first teased the boot screen and got hecklers thinking it was an image in album lol. I'll move it to github when is at least presentable since unpresentable wip code like boginataller gains hecklers lol.

D

Deleted-452294

OP
@the_randomizer is generally pretty negative, and I didn't like that at first either. But someone's gotta be cynical. His perspective is genuine, and often carves through all the bullshit to what needs to be said. In a time where people got really hyped for Wii U, f0f disappointed everyone for reasons that were less than convincing. F0f has a very elitist feel to it as well, which doesn't help matters. I can understand optimism and pessimism here, neither are too reactionary for the situation.
I understand that. But that's still very unhealthy.
fail0verflow does have an elitist feel, and I think they always have, for at least what I can remember. I'm not sure why. One reason I could give, is that they're trying to motivate competition. They're not the only ones to be like this, and hacking groups have been doing this for decades.

Reactions: DarthDub and Kioku
D

Deleted-452294

OP
I have so many ideas and not enough time. I generally ended up neglecting sleep and well being lol. I work tons of overtime at my job so I can get the promotion I want.
But anyways yea it's been on gitlab for a month or two.. Probably around when I first teased the boot screen and got hecklers thinking it was an image in album lol. I'll move it to github when is at least presentable since unpresentable wip code like boginataller gains hecklers lol.
You probably shouldn't worry much about it, there is a lot of non-presentable and unfinished code on GitHub with around 1.2k stars right now, yet that makes people excited and contribute.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isn't like the only post on your twitter comments some variant of "psh this proves nothing anyone can do that"

Side note. Every time you post, the number of guests watching multiplies. You have quite the fanbase.

Reactions: Reisyukaku

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
isn't like the only post on your twitter comments some variant of "psh this proves nothing anyone can do that"

Side note. Every time you post, the number of guests watching multiplies. You have quite the fanbase.
There's some shitters outside Twitter too x3
Also glad most people appreciate my work tho
I'll try to make progress this weekend

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's some shitters outside Twitter too x3
Also glad most people appreciate my work tho
I'll try to make progress this weekend
fuck senpai noticed me play it cool
Take it easy. Emulation scene is exploding right now, might be a window to relax while we're distracted by Pokemon Snap on Switch.

Reactions: Reisyukaku

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

and by sparked a fire you mean progenated luma, the best piece of software hackers ever created for the console. There's no understating that.

I guess I should be flattered that so many people on here love me. :unsure::( Guess that's a pretty big hint; gonna take a long break from the Temp.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The only one who gave promises was Hykem and he isn't active anymore because of the community being toxic like always and feeling entitled to the work of other people but yeah he shouldn't have made that promise

Reactions: Deleted-452294
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: done