Hacking Region free gaming=more games

unseen4ce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I know the supercard allows one to play ds games from other regions on their Pal DS, as many games are never released in PAL; many many great games like Dragon Quest 5&6, many rpgs etc.

So I was hoping that since the 3DS shamefully has a region lock (allowing Nintendo to bleed aussies with obscenely expensive $60-$100 games, and a $350 system; the aussie dollar is worth more than the US dollar); that the supercard might be able to atleast remove the region lock if not being able to back-up 3DS games in the future.

This is a small feature that could be incorporated for pal gamers, I would be eternally grateful, and hope that some group will pursue this. We had an absolutely shocking release line-up and will no-doubt be disppointed with fewer releases, as in the past, especially now that Nintendo has a region-lock.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
DSTwo doesn't support 3DS games or the 3DS mode, so I don't think that would be possible. Not yet, anyway. Someone would need to figure out a way to access 3DS mode first.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Actually any flashcart lets you play any region games on any DS from any region. (Currently) Only the iEvo lets you use DSi enhanced features on a DSi from a different region (Pokemon B/W (J) camera on a Eu DSi). So in the end it could be possible to have a region free cart.

The region lock is optional as seen with B/W for DSi. This is also the case with the 3DS. It's up to the Devs to make it region locked or not.

But all in all Region free = more content.

-Qtis

D

Deleted-236924

The Gamecube and the Wii had a Freeloader, so maybe some 3rd party companies might make one for 3DS, if that's even possible?

Zombie_X

Trophies
Website
www.zombie-x.com
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
The Gamecube and the Wii had a Freeloader, so maybe some 3rd party companies might make one for 3DS, if that's even possible?

I think a Freeloader for the 3DS would work fine. Just pop it in, load it up, swap the carts, then push start to boot the new game.

D

Deleted-236924

Zombie_X said:
Pingouin7 said:

I think a Freeloader for the 3DS would work fine. Just pop it in, load it up, swap the carts, then push start to boot the new game.
That would work only if the 3DS supported swapping cards.
I believe it wasn't possible to swap cards without turning off the power on the DSi/XL.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
I believe it wasn't possible to swap cards without turning off the power on the DSi/XL.
Pretty sure you can't on 3DS either (or at least the times I've accidentally popped out a gamecard without shutting down whatever game was running angered my 3DS.
tongue.gif

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
Zombie_X said:
Pingouin7 said:

Yes it is...

D

Deleted-236924

Thesolcity said:
Pingouin7 said:
Zombie_X said:
Pingouin7 said:

Yes it is...
It isn't.
Try NDS Backup Tool and you'll see.

Thesolcity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
Thesolcity said:
Pingouin7 said:
Zombie_X said:
Pingouin7 said:

Yes it is...
Then explain why Rudolph's NDS Backup Tool doesn't work on DSi/XL?

Because you can only do it with retail games, not flash carts. You can switch the games from the main menu.

D

Deleted-236924

Thesolcity said:
Pingouin7 said:
Thesolcity said:
Pingouin7 said:
Zombie_X said:
Pingouin7 said:

Yes it is...

Because you can only do it with retail games, not flash carts. You can switch the games from the main menu.
And what would be the point of putting a freeloader into the 3DS if you cannot get it to boot up before starting up your other cart?

From what you've typed, you're saying that the DSi can detect if you're using a flashcart or a retail cart.
If the DSi could detect you're running a flashcart, it would just block it.

Thesolcity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
Thesolcity said:
Pingouin7 said:
Thesolcity said:
Pingouin7 said:
Zombie_X said:
Pingouin7 said:

Yes it is...

And what would be the point of putting a freeloader into the 3DS if you cannot get it to boot up before starting up your other cart?

From what you've typed, you're saying that the DSi can detect if you're using a flashcart or a retail cart.
If the DSi could detect you're running a flashcart, it would just block it.

Mmm, I'm not calling it on that one, I believe it was something having to do with some code not launching when you swap cards, not blocking.
unsure.gif
I thought you meant you couldn't swap games on the DSi OS period, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...