Not open for further replies.

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
AJAX_2500 said:
ahh i see.. verry nice!! i guess that makes sense(on both topics).. well i guess then i'll stop bothering you with such questions and let you get back to the more important things.. though i would like to ask a few more questions before i do.. first is have you already completed an index for all of the posible things in the gameWe're working on one - I'm writing a database right now which we can use to store all the info we've gathered so far, since our current method is pretty chaotic. It should go much further now that the editor is more complete!

QUOTE(AJAX_2500 @ Dec 14 2009, 05:59 AM) or am i any help to what you are doing by looking through all the levels to see what some of the stuff is? and second if there is anything a semi-newbie like me can do to help push things along for you what is it?
Thanks for the offer, but we're fine for now. We've already made a lot more progress on identifying things today, including a few more interesting unused sprites (not just the key).

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know how to leave us wanting don't you Treeki? Good to hear its still in progress, hope things are coming along great, I'm sure its been said but I and I'm sure everyone else waiting appreciates your work.

now, what about these unused sprites? can we at least get a pic and a hex code? C'MON!

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
VashTS said:
now, what about these unused sprites? can we at least get a pic and a hex code? C'MON!
Maybe later
wink.gif

Some of the stuff we've found so far:
- Unused arrow signs
- Grey stone block
- Giant brick block, SMB3-style

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
jceggbert5 said:
Did you get the "Optional Grid Snapping" set up?

EDIT: (for sprites and entrances)
That's been in Reggie ever since I first started working on the Python rewrite. It works great now - sprites and entrances automatically snap to half-tile boundaries, or can be dragged freely if Shift is held.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Treeki said:
jceggbert5 said:
Did you get the "Optional Grid Snapping" set up?

EDIT: (for sprites and entrances)
That's been in Reggie ever since I first started working on the Python rewrite. It works great now - sprites and entrances automatically snap to half-tile boundaries, or can be dragged freely if Shift is held.

Cool, Half-Blocks are even better!!!!! (especially if New Retro Mario Bros Wii is made
tongue.gif
)

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Treeki, are you planning on implementing tileset editing and texture swapping directly in Reggie, or will that always be an external tool like Wart?

WiiFan2012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@2000; You can always edit the texture files with the SZS Modifier! Don't worry about the error it comes up with, it saves anyway
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you able to edit the time limit placed on the level you create? b/c you could create a level that would take longer than the original one you are editing?

Tanks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Treeki said:
VashTS said:
Maybe later
wink.gif

- Unused arrow signs
- Grey stone block

SP32-20091213-010307.png

That's only a preview. We've had all those unused sprites ID'd for a while now, but since you guys keep begging...
tongue.gif

TempusC

Trophies
Website
www.FatalFrame4.net
XP
Country
Canada
Right now, we have no plans for other languages than English. There are a lot of sprite descriptions and tooltips in here!

We have plenty of features, and the timer data was one of the easiest features to figure out. Some of the others, like the camera, took us a while and we still have some problems with some of the options, since it's dependent on so many things.

kyoko_sayuri

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Tanks said:
Treeki said:
VashTS said:
Maybe later
wink.gif

- Unused arrow signs
- Grey stone block

SP32-20091213-010307.png

That's only a preview. We've had all those unused sprites ID'd for a while now, but since you guys keep begging...
tongue.gif

Cool!
PS.: That the emulator Dolphin shows the background graphics, select the option "Disable fog" in the OpenGL plugin.
(What happened to my signature?)

WiiFan2012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG, I cannot wait for this awesome app to come out! You know what will be cool? Seeing "Microsoft" "Nintendo" and "Sony" in the game with blocks.

I would spell those with blocks.

I also like the "beta" arrows. It would be nice to play a stage without the boring wooden signs.

I have a question about Reggie. Would you be able to rotate object? I'm thinking about creating a level that just takes place in the "transparent" layer.

Keep up the good work, Treekie! (Q about your name: Are you a Star Trek fan (trekie)? or is your name pronounced the way it is spelled? Thanks and no offense.)

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
WiiFan2012 said:
I have a question about Reggie. Would you be able to rotate object? I'm thinking about creating a level that just takes place in the "transparent" layer.
Transparent layer? What do you mean?

QUOTE(WiiFan2012 @ Dec 15 2009, 03:12 AM) Keep up the good work, Treekie! (Q about your name: Are you a Star Trek fan (trekie)? or is your name pronounced the way it is spelled? Thanks and no offense.)
It's pronounced "Tree key". It comes from Treecko (Pokemon 3rd gen grass starter)

Also, no screenshot yet, but Reggie is coming along even further. Tempus has just finished an awesome background chooser which displays previews of the selected backgrounds and lets you modify all the settings for them; and we've made yet another new build for testers. (We're on the fifth test version right now.)

WiiFan2012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Treekie! Just wanted to be sure I was pronouncing your name right...

Also the transparent thing I'm talking about is actually a layer. Like in the game, where you go behind the wall/into a cave you can't see.

I'm glad that everything is going well. I also just got a Beta invite to VideoTrace
smile.gif
which can be found here: http://punchcard.com.au/wordpress

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus +1