ROM Hack [Recruiting] Monster Hunter Stories Translation

Metalliguitare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'll be glad to help if i can, but only have basic reading skills. So if i can help in another way. (i can test, take screenshots, videos etc...)

ArtemisM

Kupo for Kupo Nuts
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think most of us would be perfectly fine with just a menu translation but story translation would be awesome. Hope to see some talented translators volunteer!

It's a full-on RPG, so some enjoyment would be lost if it were only a menu translation.

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Update:
Nope, this project is not dead. We're still looking for translators tho, the more the merrier!

We're currently working on the UI and image assets we have to translate. There's a long way ahead of us for sure. We might release a menu-only alpha patch when we're done with the ui.

Here are some screenshots of the current state:
http://imgur.com/a/xGjrF

The progress looks great, thanks for taking the challenge!
I think for the start translated menus would help people like me with small japanese knowledge. Please release a menu only patch for the start, and thanks in advance for spending a lot of time with the translation!

raizeny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks, mate.
I've always wanted to translate roms, since my GBA and SNES times.
I wish I could help. I guess I'll learn some JAP first, then learn how to edit stuff, I am into this kind of projects.
Maybe I will be able to help you on your next project haha.
Good luck

WillTheLion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To everyone who is working on translating this might I suggest you join this discord channel? We're inviting all translators/tool makers/rom hackers so that we there can be occasional collabs or other possible help/benefits. You could also use it to share news about your work.

Each project gets their own sub channel to be in charge of.

https://discord.gg/3YbCy

On topic: Is there any sort of of 'team' on this yet? Who's actually working on it currently other than the op?

I'm excited for a menu/interface prepatch after seeing those beautiful screenshots.

SilverioRB

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello fellow Hunters,

i'm back with the ambitius dream to translate Monster Hunter Stories including dialog. Some might remember the MHX patch which focused on menus, items etc. only. This time we want a more complete package, but for this we actually need some good translators.

Sadly we lack these translators right now, so this project lives or dies with this recruitment post. The tools and scripts for making this patch possible are already done, now we just have to get to the heavy work.

So if you like to contribute and make this patch a reality please contact me detailing your motivation and japanese skill level a bit.

Update:
Nope, this project is not dead. We're still looking for translators tho, the more the merrier!

We're currently working on the UI and image assets we have to translate. There's a long way ahead of us for sure. We might release a menu-only alpha patch when we're done with the ui.

Here are some screenshots of the current state:
http://imgur.com/a/xGjrF

What I need to do to join? I'm interested to help in the translation. :)
I'm actually playing the game, and I'm at Kupuni Village (the village of the felynes), and I can read and understand the dialogues as well.

Reactions: bomigoton

SvennEthir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really excited to see this happening!

I have a question. What will be required to run this? I used ninjhax to install menuhax for running the homebrew launcher so I can play games region free. Do you need anything more to run the patch? Does it require custom firmware?

robflop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Is this server actually populated? If yes i'd join, but your invite expired.

---------------------

I desperately want to play this game -- and a translation patch, so I'd love to help.

Sadly I possess hardly any japanese skills (tiny bit of reading), but I'd be up for "grunt work" in any way I could be useful.
Do you have positions/work open in that matter?
I speak English and German (native german) if that matters, thought i'd add that info.

Edit: I forgot to mention, but I obviously possess the required 3DS Modifications such as A9LH and so on.

Last edited by robflop,

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really excited to see this happening!

I have a question. What will be required to run this? I used ninjhax to install menuhax for running the homebrew launcher so I can play games region free. Do you need anything more to run the patch? Does it require custom firmware?
You will need to be able to run NTR (New 3DS) or a modded cia/ROM (CFW/GW; any 3DS).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next