ROM Hack [Recruiting] Monster Hunter Stories Translation

WillTheLion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I very much want this game to get translated. I'm currently translating Maplestory 3DS and am more than 50% through with a full translation. But I might be willing to lend a hand to this project if it needs it eventually.

Either way a menu/items patch would make be an excellent place to start, to later be followed by a story/dialogue patch.

For those who want to try the demo you can check that iso site if you aren't afraid of the cia. heheh...

Concering file types: Does this use the same text file types as Monster Hunter Generations? What is the extension. Also any idea on the image formats for possible translating that needs done there?

I'd dump it myself but I gotta head out to work and don't have a moment to check currently.

Last edited by WillTheLion,

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
I very much want this game to get translated. I'm currently translating Maplestory 3DS and am more than 50% through with a full translation. But I might be willing to lend a hand to this project if it needs it eventually.

Either way a menu/items patch would make be an excellent place to start, to later be followed by a story/dialogue patch.

For those who want to try the demo you can check that iso site if you aren't afraid of the cia. heheh...

Concering file types: Does this use the same text file types as Monster Hunter Generations? What is the extension. Also any idea on the image formats for possible translating that needs done there?

I'd dump it myself but I gotta head out to work and don't have a moment to check currently.
for text they changed from .gmd back to .lmd (which they already used in previous games) with some small adjustments, textures are the same .tex files from MHX/MH4 again.

Reactions: raizeny

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
I think most of us would be perfectly fine with just a menu translation but story translation would be awesome. Hope to see some talented translators volunteer!

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Oh Man, was hoping someone would translate this, I took a quick look at the Demo files and noticed textures being the same as MHX but since I can't actually translate I stopped there, was more curious if we already had the tools.

Hope you can find some translators for this one, even if the story doesn't get done I'd be happy to play through without understand that much.

WillTheLion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend posting links to the tools that can be used to translate this. That might motivate more people if they can see it's possible and with what tools they could do it with.

Phemeto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dasding you're my hero. I understand nothing about Japanese writing but I'll help however I can. Let me know!

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
Update:
Nope, this project is not dead. We're still looking for translators tho, the more the merrier!

We're currently working on the UI and image assets we have to translate. There's a long way ahead of us for sure. We might release a menu-only alpha patch when we're done with the ui.

Here are some screenshots of the current state:
http://imgur.com/a/xGjrF

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Update:
Nope, this project is not dead. We're still looking for translators tho, the more the merrier!

We're currently working on the UI and image assets we have to translate. There's a long way ahead of us for sure. We might release a menu-only alpha patch when we're done with the ui.

Here are some screenshots of the current state:
http://imgur.com/a/xGjrF
take your time, while i think most of us will be fine with simple ui translation, simple equip/item naming (fire rathian gs, poison rathian gs, etc), and enough english texts to know the objective and direction without reading the background story at all, that's definitely not what you're trying to achieve with your project, and probably won't satisfy you. hope you can make it.

Rakidas

Gay Pirate Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
take your time, while i think most of us will be fine with simple ui translation, simple equip/item naming (fire rathian gs, poison rathian gs, etc), and enough english texts to know the objective and direction without reading the background story at all, that's definitely not what you're trying to achieve with your project, and probably won't satisfy you. hope you can make it.

Ditto :) Menu / UI translations and basic objectives would be amazing! But of course a full story patch would be better still :) Would love to see maybe an alpha patch if enough translators join the team! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr