Here are the pictures of my cart:
S0tuz8X.jpg
OvLPKXh.jpg

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Want to try a copy of my backup.bin? I'm not willing to open my cart (and risk damaging it) but it doesn't seem to match the firmware TheCheeze has.

TheCheeze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be able to see a letter printed on the backside by the contacts if it is from R4IDS.cn without needing to take it apart.

I would appreciate having another dump to add to the repository though if you can give me card details with it :D

Yerkz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
R4i Gold RTS 3DS Rev C
R4i Gold RTS 3DS Rev D (your card, I think)

(the "Gold" part is possibly wrong?) Not on the label, anyways.
Thank you, I'm flashing it right now.
It's the same file from the others I've tested on HxD (both of them are the same too), but I'm trying anyway.
And the label is not on the label, but it is on the package. I have the christimas package (you can see it on the site).

EDIT: It didn't work, but thanks for sharing your backup anyway.

Last edited by Yerkz,

TheCheeze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good man. But back to the drawing board...

Nothing shows up at all with it in the system and booted up, correct? Just a plank square?

TheCheeze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SD card has the R4Wood core files on it right? That is something that (for some unknown reason) I had to do before my system would "see" my Rev C

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, I'm flashing it right now.
It's the same file from the others I've tested on HxD (both of them are the same too), but I'm trying anyway.

Not sure what you mean by being "the same file from the others I've tested on HxD". All the files I've seen have different CRC32/MD5. Out of curiosity, what does ntrboot_flasher say is your chip/hardware revision?

And the label is not on the label, but it is on the package. I have the christimas package (you can see it on the site).

Yea, I've no idea what my packaging was like since my cards are years old. Nor really if that has anything to do with anything.

EDIT: It didn't work, but thanks for sharing your backup anyway.

No problem. Just to be extra cautious, you could outline the steps you're doing from getting the backup.bin on your PC to flashing to trying out the card?

Yerkz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not sure what you mean by being "the same file from the others I've tested on HxD". All the files I've seen have different CRC32/MD5. Out of curiosity, what does ntrboot_flasher say is your chip/hardware revision?

Yea, I've no idea what my packaging was like since my cards are years old. Nor really if that has anything to do with anything.

No problem. Just to be extra cautious, you could outline the steps you're doing from getting the backup.bin on your PC to flashing to trying out the card?
ChipID: 00000FC2
HW Rev: A7A7A7A7
Detected: R4i Gold 3DS

To flash the backups I get on the internet, I put them on SDroot/ntrboot and choose "Restore Flash" on ntrboot_flasher, just this

Last edited by Yerkz,

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I presume you renamed the ones I provided to backup.bin? So, yea, can't see why the C or D versions wouldn't work. :/

TheCheeze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have flashed both C and D versions to my C card and both worked. Will try with kuwa's backups in just a moment too. They are on my mega now so don;t let me forget to update my thread haha

Last edited by TheCheeze,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: if only it had as much capability/power as i do omw to your mom's place