Hacking Recover R4i Gold using ntrboot flasher

Yerkz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have here a R4i Gold 3DS RTS bricked (it suddenly stopped working) and I'm trying to recover it using ntrboot_flasher, but none of the backups that I've downloaded are working. When I try to make a backup from it, I just get a backup.bin with 4 MB of 00 in hex. Is there a way to recover it? I'll leave here a picture of HxD with the backup I got and a picture of the R4.
Pdx4pxM.png
pFFr1CT.jpg

TheCheeze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have here a R4i Gold 3DS RTS bricked (it suddenly stopped working) and I'm trying to recover it using ntrboot_flasher, but none of the backups that I've downloaded are working. When I try to make a backup from it, I just get a backup.bin with 4 MB of 00 in hex. Is there a way to recover it? I'll leave here a picture of HxD with the backup I got and a picture of the R4.
Pdx4pxM.png
pFFr1CT.jpg
Am on my phone right now but did you check my firmware dump repository thread?

Yerkz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Am on my phone right now but did you check my firmware dump repository thread?
Yes, I tried all of the backups there, but none of them worked.

Board on my r4i 3ds rts is different. It has the component at U5 on the board.
Yes, all the pictures I've seen on internet has the U5 component, but my R4 used to work (I bought it some days ago, it worked for some hours and suddenly stopped)

TheCheeze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I tried all of the backups there, but none of them worked.

Yes, all the pictures I've seen on internet has the U5 component, but my R4 used to work (I bought it some days ago, it worked for some hours and suddenly stopped)
Is it time gated? Try rolling back the date on your system by like a year

210modz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guess is that the backup.bin you are using wasn't for that board. I used the one TheCheeze posted but your board is different. Try to find a backup for the board you have. What does the front of the card look like?

Yerkz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it time gated? Try rolling back the date on your system by like a year
No, the 3DS does not recognize it, the japanese by Konami does not appear anymore. Only the ntrboot_flasher recognize it (and give me no error when I try to flash a backup)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My guess is that the backup.bin you are using wasn't for that board. I used the one TheCheeze posted but your board is different. Try to find a backup for the board you have. What does the front of the card look like?
This is the label of my card:
R4I3DSRTS__51965_zoom.jpg

TheCheeze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the 3DS does not recognize it, the japanese by Konami does not appear anymore. Only the ntrboot_flasher recognize it (and give me no error when I try to flash a backup)

I will dig around and see if I can source up more backups since people stopped posting them. Yours is a r4ids Rev D and I thought I saw one of those. Will check my hoard folder when I get home

Last edited by TheCheeze,
Reactions: zfreeman and Yerkz

210modz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Does yours say www.r4ids.cn or something else?

Yerkz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can you take this R4 apart so that we can compare its motherboard with the genuine carts?
I'm sorry, I'm not fluent in English and I don't understand what you meant. Would you mind use another words? It could help me

EDIT: Do you want me to disassemble the flashcard?

Last edited by Yerkz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Is Janet Jackson alive?