Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the skinny.
  • CECHA, 4.46.1 rebug, working BD drive, PSN banned :nayps3:
  • CECHB, 4.46.1 rebug noBD, dead BD drive, not banned :hrth: Not been online for a while either.
On the side, I also have a modchipped PS2. However, I've one simple goal, at least with the one with the working BD drive.

I've a bunch of PS1 and PS2 backups still on disc. Ideally, if it is possible to then put these in the PS3 and play them the same way I could on my PS2, I could get all the benefits of the PS3, and for one it won't even matter if the system in question were banned. Yes, I get that ISO loading is more popular, but I simply don't have the means to get enough storage to archive all of those yet. So until then, disc backup compatibility is a must. I understand the cobra-based CFW's supposedly can... so which would be the most capable? Also please keep in mind, that since nobody wants to make a nand flasher for these systems, it's not like I am in a position to test drive some alpha/incomplete build either.

So, with that in mind, what would be my best choice for each/both/either of the PS3's in question?

D

Deleted User

Sorry I missed this for so long.

If you have a backwards compatible unit, most Cobra releases (habib's and rogero) will play CD-R/DVD-R PSX/PS2 discs. I believe 4.46 works as well, but for sure Habib 4.55 v1.03 Cobra will do what you want.

Though with > 4.50 releases, for BC consoles you need to connect via wire first then press PS button, then you can disconnect the cable. Non_BC consoles require the cable to be in at all times. Hence why I just stick with 4.46 most of the time.

From the notes:

Playing PSX backups in CD-R:

"CFW 4.55 Mixed with Cobra 7.00" allows PSX backups in CD-R discs to be transparently started from XMB without the need of multiMAN (mmCM mode)

Playing PS2 backups in CD-R/DVD+-R:

"CFW 4.55 Mixed with Cobra 7.00" allows PS2 backups in CD-R/DVD+-R discs to be transparently started from XMB without the need ofmultiMAN (mmCM mode)
However, there is no support for optical discs in ps2_netemu (None BC console) but BC consoles will still use their respetive emulators (ps2_emu, ps2_gxemu), which have much better compatibilty and also support optical discs, original or backup but these backups must be burn from an iso with a mds file. Without an appropiated mds file describing layer break, dual layer backups won’t work.

D

Deleted User

Id try Rogero 4.46. I'm not sure the compatibility on debug but it was a Hacked up firmware that never really got everythingn fixed. Several of the cobra functions are mangled (psp ISO) and I think there were some ps2 incompat

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I decided to give it a try since I already had it. Rebug 4.46 unofficial Cobra

Popped in a PS1 CD-R... recognized immediately.
Popped in a PS2 DVD±R, it worked.
Even was able to play a PAL PS2 game on the PS3 with no problem.

I'm duly impressed... and this has officially fucktoupled my game library in size. :D

Now the most impressive thing is... after so many busted playstations, this means my modchipped PlayStation2 has actually survived to retirement! :O

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :) +1