Hacking Homebrew How to play PS1/2 ISOs on CFW PS3?

SaddQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My 4.90 PS3 Slim was recently jailbroken with the latest Evilnat CFW.
My main reason for this was to play my PS2 discs as ISO dumps.
Unfortunately, it appears Multiman cannot read any of the discs, in spite of their mint condition. So creating an ISO results in an error message.
Using PS2 and PS1 ISOs (found elsewhere) on a NTFS-formatted USB drive doesn't work either as neither Multiman nor Webman can recognize the drive.

How to play ISOs with my setup?

SaddQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Non-BC PS3s (and even BC PS3s which don't have perfect HW compatibility) require PS2 games to be played in the "PS2 Classic" format. You'll have to rip the disc and convert it over.

https://www.psx-place.com/resources/ps2-classics-gui.638/

Even if my Slim is CFW-able, you're saying that with MM/WB already installed, I must go the PS2 Classics route?

What about not being able to rip my PS2 discs? Any remedy, besides the obvious?

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if my Slim is CFW-able, you're saying that with MM/WB already installed, I must go the PS2 Classics route?

What about not being able to rip my PS2 discs? Any remedy, besides the obvious?
I think with a Cobra variant CFW you can just load PS2 ISOs in multiMAN with a PS2 Classics Loader? Not completely sure - It has been years since I last touched it and I'm seeing conflicting results when searching.

You are required to have the PS2 games in ISO or classics format - no way around it unfortunately.

EDIT: PS2ISO in root?

Last edited by master801,

SaddQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You are required to have the PS2 games in ISO or classics format - no way around it unfortunately.

EDIT: PS2ISO in root?

I have the PS2 ISOs in their own maps in the root. Is it necessary to create a PS2ISO folder in the root and put the ISOs there?
Like /PS2ISO/GameX.iso, or /PS2ISO/GameX/GameX.iso?

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the PS2 ISOs in their own maps in the root. Is it necessary to create a PS2ISO folder in the root and put the ISOs there?
Like /PS2ISO/GameX.iso, or /PS2ISO/GameX/GameX.iso?
Code:
/PS2ISO/<Game>.iso
iirc, but you can try experimenting and see if putting them in separate folders works too.

Reactions: SaddQ

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if separate folders works, but ps2 games need to be on internal in PS2ISO. ps1 games go in PSXISO on either internal or external iirc. Webman mod would be my suggestion in terms of features and ease of use.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Kibbutz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know if separate folders works, but ps2 games need to be on internal in PS2ISO. ps1 games go in PSXISO on either internal or external iirc. Webman mod would be my suggestion in terms of features and ease of use.
PSXISO and the the game name folder or directly in PSXISO?

mydough

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Non-BC PS3s (and even BC PS3s which don't have perfect HW compatibility) require PS2 games to be played in the "PS2 Classic" format. You'll have to rip the disc and convert it over.

https://www.psx-place.com/resources/ps2-classics-gui.638/
hi just wanted to say that I have a Hybrid BC PS3 and you do not need the ps2 classic format for all games but only the games that have issues (even then its a few games and some of those games have hd rereleases and/or patches for the classic format that make them run better

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi just wanted to say that I have a Hybrid BC PS3 and you do not need the ps2 classic format for all games but only the games that have issues (even then its a few games and some of those games have hd rereleases and/or patches for the classic format that make them run better
That's cool and all, but what's the point of that statement when I only mentioned non-BC and BC (which have incompatible games in HW but not with the Classics emulator) models? Obviously when I said BC I meant both CECH-A/B and C/E models.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...