simonhwsn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi
I'm essentialy a Nintendo gamer, but early this year I bought a PS3 and so far these are the games a got:

qpu2.jpg
I would like you to recommend me some others (preferably PS3 exclusives) based on my current collection. I have to point that I'm not a huge fan of FPS, I got the resistance trilogy because a friend of mine told me it was good. Thanks!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Exclusives marked with a [:yayps3:]
  • The Last of Us [:yayps3:]
  • The rest of the Uncharted series [:yayps3:]
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Borderlands
  • Borderlands 2
  • Portal
  • Portal 2
  • Fallout 3
  • Fallout: New Vegas
  • Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots [:yayps3:]
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
  • Journey [:yayps3:]
  • inFamous series [:yayps3:]
  • Mass Effect series
  • Sonic Generations
  • Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm series (hate the Anime, but it's a great fighting game series)
  • Tekken 6 (and the recent Tekken Revolution which you can get for free)
  • PSPlus (can't stress this enough - vital subscription for all PS3 and PSVita owners)
  • Armored Core series
  • Resistance series [:yayps3:]

Guest0000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hey, I'm new to PS3 too, I bought the super slim when it came out. It seems you kinda like narrative oriented games, so maybe you'll like Heavy Rain, the Walking Dead, Back to the Future, LA Noire, Red Dead Redemption, GTA IVand the upcoming GTA V, Beyond Two Souls. I believe The Last of Us is also heavy on narrative and so is Bioshock Infinite--but it's an FPS though. Both TLOU and BI are bloody violent.

If you could tell any details, I can help more. As for me, I found out games thru Amazon reviews (check out both US and UK Amazon for many and varied user reviews) and also by looking up specific developers'--namely, developers who make games I like--portfolio on Wikipedia.

You might also want to finish some of your collection first before looking for new ones in order to avoid game fatigue and huge backlogs :)

Extra: in addition to reading amazon reviews, check out gameplay videos particularly complete walkthroughs (intro, middle, ending especially). These can help you experience the game more and relate to the review--plus, what better reviews from people who are actually playing before your eyes.

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
These games look to be perfect for you:

Skyrim

Mass effect 3

and lastly, Dark souls

Under no circumstances should anyone play Skyrim on the PS3, EVER! The loading times are horrendous (sometimes upwards of 1.5 mins), which really affects gameplay, I found myself avoiding exploring the world because I didn't wanna wait. Also saving is a pain (that takes a bunch of time too). I'm currently playing it on my laptop (which has an SSD) with a PS3 controller and it is so much better.

I will second The Last Of Us, the Uncharted Series and the Infamous Series... those are must plays.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1