Hacking [Realease] ReiNand Cfw

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigma85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if you have an exploitable 3DS with the ability to install .cia files, why would you need the homebrew menu when you can just install homebrews themselves as .cias? Or if you do really want to use the homebrew menu, why not just install a CN .cia, why bother with Ironfall at all?

Dude Ironfall wont work on exploitable 3DS's. It requires firmware 9.5+.

hunter010709

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Really, pasta emunand setup? Do they support emunand now, i must be out of the loop.

As far as i know outside of NOOB territory nothing sets up emunand easily like gateway launcher ( and without a gateway card, for thoe who think you need one for that)

HMMMMM not needing ninjahax each time was the purpose initially. Go to a mates, a shop, run ninjahax once and your good to go with a ironhax cia to launch homebrew menu, unless you really need to format and then there is tools to sort that out for those in the know or willing to follow instruction....

Hey i don't mind being wrong but that's how i see it, unless someone want to clarify....

But if you have an exploitable 3DS with the ability to install .cia files, why would you need the homebrew menu when you can just install homebrews themselves as .cias? Or if you do really want to use the homebrew menu, why not just install a CN .cia, why bother with Ironfall at all?
True, we are at the disposal of the developer. Ironhax won't support more than ninjahax 2.0 which excludes cfw launching. We now have a new point of entry that will need a proper signed game installed and someone to shed its limitations. Funky cia for ironfall cia....

barnabe42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have able to dump my sysnand and create an emunand :).

I was now trying to install a CIA using FBI.
As I understood I first need to load Reinand > Run CN to load FBI from homebrew loader.

When I select a CIA file I get "Could not start the AM service"...
According the FBI is would seem that I am over firmware 9.2 but that is not the case.

Any suggestion ..

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ooooookay......
So no benefits over using Rxtools aside from that?

I'm asking cuz I wanted to figure out if Reinand was better than rxtools and make the switch for my 2DS, and possibly from GW to Reinand if the benefits outweigh what GW & rxtools has.
RxTools outweighs both of them. You can use RxTools for free on your 2DS.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ooooookay......
So no benefits over using Rxtools aside from that?

I'm asking cuz I wanted to figure out if Reinand was better than rxtools and make the switch for my 2DS, and possibly from GW to Reinand if the benefits outweigh what GW & rxtools has.
At the moment reiNAND is a simple, barebones CFW. Its main selling point is that it provides sig patched emuNAND for new3DS owners. It's only been available for about five weeks, so it's still in its beginnings.

Conversely, rxTools is 5 months old. If you can run rxTools, then reiNAND has nothing to offer you at right now.

barnabe42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have a small question:

Once on Reinand if I launch ninjahax to start FBI while wifi is on
the web browser start and the 3ds hang.

If I do the same with wifi off I can start the homebrew launcher without any issue.

Is that a wanted behavior ?

barnabe42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I found the issue, I had zelda pre installed edition it must mess with something, I formated the 3ds, clear sd.
And everything started to work, I hope I am able to reuse my zelda save...

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a small question:

Once on Reinand if I launch ninjahax to start FBI while wifi is on
the web browser start and the 3ds hang.

If I do the same with wifi off I can start the homebrew launcher without any issue.

Is that a wanted behavior ?

First time it tries to download the payload through the internet so you need Wifi. It will then ask to if you want it to make it permanent, which in most cases should be yes.
If you make it permanent, you don't need Wifi ever again. (press L+R+X+Y on the main screen of Cubic Ninja to delete the saves btw)

TS26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i downloaded renaind release2 but im a bit confused. Which folders exactly to put in the 3ds root?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: