Gaming Real time online multiplayer games

dizz00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Are there an updated list of real time online multiplayer games?
I usually play single player games and rarely mario kart online, i want to try some other online games are there any recommended games to try? I want something like mario kart that let me play with other real time, i know pokemon fall in this category but it need a lot of time to prepare before you can play competitively. I don't want some local multiplayer because my friends doesn't have the system(this is sad i know).
I look some searching and kid icarus is most recommended, i saw gameplay video and it does looks good. Are there any more games that fall in this category?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If by "real time" you mean games that allow you to play with randoms rather than just with friends, here are the ones I can think of off the top of my head:
-Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS/S/M (US/UM too when they come out, 2-4 people at once)
-Monster Hunter 4 and on (4, 4G, 4U, X, Generations, Stories, XX, 2-4 people at once)
-Luigi's Mansion 2 (2-4 people at once)
-Resident Evil: Revelations (2 people only co-op)
-Ice Station Z (allows game chat too, 8 people max)
-Story of Seasons (not sure how online works with randoms exactly, I think it's 2-4 people)
-Dragon Quest X Online (the only MMO RPG on the 3DS, it's with servers that load about 1000 people at once and plays like MMOs but it doesn't have many things to do unless you get the expansion packs, Japanese and N3DS only)

Last edited by ThoD,
Reactions: dizz00

dizz00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
games that allow you to play with randoms rather than just with friends
That too, but by real time i mean you play on real time and interact directly with other player. There is some game which online feature only allow for request help, borrow other player character, attack other player but the attacked player is played by ai, etc. Some games i played have this feature, conception and fire emblem i think have this as online feature.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
That too, but by real time i mean you play on real time and interact directly with other player. There is some game which online feature only allow for request help, borrow other player character, attack other player but the attacked player is played by ai, etc. Some games i played have this feature, conception and fire emblem i think have this as online feature.
Real time means that you play with someone else directly, so even if it's just helping you for example, it's still real time! Also, if you are playing against an AI, it's not multiplayer at all you know...

Anyway, what I listed are games I know have online multiplayer (meaning real time), but if you also want interaction between the players, as in chatting and stuff, then these are the ones that allow that:

-Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS (Sun/Moon don't allow actual interaction, just battles/trades with no way to chat, be it game chat or text chat)
-Monster Hunter 4-XX (text chat)
-Ice Station Z (game chat and I think has text chat too)
-Dragon Quest X Online (text chat)

As for AC:NL, I don't know how it works online with randoms, but with friends it's just like how Fantasy Life is, but with a better keyboard (so text only)...

dizz00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Real time means that you play with someone else directly, so even if it's just helping you for example, it's still real time! Also, if you are playing against an AI, it's not multiplayer at all you know...

Anyway, what I listed are games I know have online multiplayer (meaning real time), but if you also want interaction between the players, as in chatting and stuff, then these are the ones that allow that:

-Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS (Sun/Moon don't allow actual interaction, just battles/trades with no way to chat, be it game chat or text chat)
-Monster Hunter 4-XX (text chat)
-Ice Station Z (game chat and I think has text chat too)
-Dragon Quest X Online (text chat)

As for AC:NL, I don't know how it works online with randoms, but with friends it's just like how Fantasy Life is, but with a better keyboard (so text only)...

I don't really like pokemon multiplayer to be honest, i don't really have time to breed iv/ev or something like that, i like the single player though.
I suck at monster hunter lol.
Ice station z looks fun i'll look it up.
I hope dq x is in english.

Thanks for the suggestion.

There is this one (new i think)tanks game that looks like have multiplayer but i forgot the name, do you know?

dizz00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
If i play a modded game(undub) online will i get in trouble. I know play with hacked pokemon for example will get me banned, but will i get in trouble if i play with a non-game-breaking modded games?

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If i play a modded game(undub) online will i get in trouble. I know play with hacked pokemon for example will get me banned, but will i get in trouble if i play with a non-game-breaking modded games?
Irrelevant, but depends. If by undub you mean japanese with english patch, then you can't get banned. On the other hand, if you have, say, a US game and replace the internal files (eg: randomizing pokemon games), there's a small chance to get banned (but only if it's the latest games, so for example modding Sun/Moon can cause a ban in very rarer cases while OR/AS won't).

How has nobody mentioned Smash yet?
Super Smash Bros.

There, I mentioned it. ;)
Since when does SSB4 have any player "interaction"? No way to chat or message others, you just play matches...

I don't really like pokemon multiplayer to be honest, i don't really have time to breed iv/ev or something like that, i like the single player though.
I suck at monster hunter lol.
Ice station z looks fun i'll look it up.
I hope dq x is in english.

Thanks for the suggestion.

There is this one (new i think)tanks game that looks like have multiplayer but i forgot the name, do you know?
You are welcome! If I think of any more, I'll let you know. Btw, DQ XO is coming on Switch so there won't be an English version on the 3DS at least. Also, if you can't make competitive Pokemon fast, consider using PKSM if you have homebrew/cfw. Just don't make broken mons and you don't risk any bans whatsoever.

Reactions: dizz00

dizz00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Since when does SSB4 have any player "interaction"? No way to chat or message others, you just play matches...

Sorry i worded it poorly, by interaction i mean players play together at the same time ssb when i see the gameplay video fall on this category. There is some game that only can do as much as trading or helping others without directly playing with them, but as you said that is not online multiplayer thats just online feature.

Oh and about the UNDUB thing it's kid icarus uprising it's us version but with jap voice.

Last edited by dizz00,

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sorry i worded it poorly, by interaction i mean players play together at the same time ssb when i see the gameplay video fall on this category. There is some game that only can do as much as trading or helping others without directly playing with them, but as you said that is not online multiplayer thats just online feature.

Oh and about the UNDUB thing it's kid icarus uprising it's us version but with jap voice.
If that's what you meant, then scratch the second list, my original one excluding Story of Seasons is what you are looking for, along with:
-SSB4
-Fantasy Life (can only play with friends, but it's really fun, 3 people max)
-What the guy up above said, TLoZ: Tri Force Heroes (but keep in mind that it can be fun or unbelievably frustrating and annoying if with randoms and they don't cooperate)

As for undubs, if it's released as undub, then there's no way you are getting banned. If you edit it so it's undub, then there's a very small chance to get banned, but not for old games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out