REAL first working 3DS ds flashcard

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Rydian said:
We know. The thing is they can be changed (and have been for the various firmware updates).

And as soon as a flashcart maker will be able to issue a flashcart that can send the header/data required by the 3DS from a full rom inside the microSD, it will be (near) impossible to stop.

(And I think it's almost already the case for DSTWO since the files to bypass the DSi update are located on the microSD)

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
All non-piracy crusaders should face the facts:

- Every system will get hacked in due time (PS3). I'd say that by june/july, we'll have a fully working 3DS flashcard. Nintendo can play a cat-and-mouse game, but they will only get humiliated each time pirates release a new flashcart firmware that renders all their efforts useless. Automatic game updates? Sure, Wii had it... until it got hacked in a year. The more Nintendo wiggles, the more the scene will be stirred up, which can only lead to an even bigger humiliation (Nintendo tried to play smart with Wii firmwares, and hackers responded by making a fully working backup-launching solution without even opening up the machine).
- Piracy in itself doesn't make games worse, or better: PSX and PS2 consoles were eiglible for modchipping for a very long time. That didn't stop developers to create mind-blowingly good games (SMT Persona, Final Fantasy, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid, etc.).
- Companies may tell they lost $x-million to piracy, but they assume everyone who pirated the game would have bought it. THey couldn't be farther from the truth: I've downloaded many games for both DS and X360, and I indeed bought the ones I deemed good. But there were several games I would've bought just because of the hype, I DL-d them and in some cases, I didn't like them one bit. If I paid 60$ for it, that would've meant I support the direction the developers went, when actually, I don't.

Skitty22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
We might not be able to stop this happening i agree but remember the chances are nintendo are or aware this was going to happen the chances are that european and US 3DS have already have newer firmware on them , Ok it still got hacked but sony did it with the 3000 Series and that took a good long time to crack open.

This is bad news but we dont know just what the security on the 3DS is like , the chances are that DS mode will be easy to crack , but i expect 3DS mode will be alot harder we dont know the level of security nintendo have on the 3DS mode. i agree this will be cat and mouse but nintendo are not stupid.

I wont say no to a 3DS flash cart but i expect that the 3DS mode will have voltage checkers and various other checkers for the carts , i expect that we wont see 3DS mode anytime soon.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo probably don't care about DS mode. I mean, if people have a Ds flashcart, then it means they have a DS already and blocking the DS flashcarts on 3DS would be pointless because people would just keep using their DS to play DS roms.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
cfw is the best solution for the 3ds
and you're right gaia sony isn't that stupid because ds mode flashcarts can icrease 3ds sales and besides sony gently gave us a psx emulator when it was generous...

Okami Wolfen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like I know what my next flash card will be.
yaynds.gif

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
aminemaster said:
DON'T w8 for the pal 3ds dude nintendo will put a firmware update

It's only a month away and considering they're probably already in production, they won't include a new version. They have 4 mil units worldwide, 400k in japan, 900k in Europe and 2.7 mil in NA. If they want to produce those before release, you bet they have started already.

Of course, stores will receive them 2 weeks or so before release.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Naridar said:
- Companies may tell they lost $x-million to piracy, but they assume everyone who pirated the game would have bought it.To confirm this...
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/20...-lost-sales.ars

QUOTE(aminemaster @ Feb 27 2011, 02:13 PM) cfw is the best solution for the 3ds
I don't like the risk of bricking... in addition firmware updates still need to be dealt with in one form or another (later systems with later firmware, and games needing later firmware).

peppers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
something that confuses me is I thought that all ds and dsi enhanced titles are region free. Is this not correct? why dose the wrong country bootstrap matter?

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next up, the Supercard DSTWO'll crack in. They probably left DSmode rather open, knowing it was rather pointless to block it. I'll give 3DS mode a year, though. No longer then that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4