Hacking Ray's Mario Kart 8 Course Modding Tutorials

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah but that are just warnings output by my add-on, nothing bad; an exception always comes with a stacktrace (lots of gibberish). I know the TexHackU repository, the file which is in there (for whatever reasons) should be fine IMHO. What GPU are you using? Can you open the converted DDS files of the work folder normally in a DDS viewer? And where did you retrieve the original MK8 files from?

Mat37

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I an using an R3 GPU (i know that's a bad gpu, that should change soon and maybe that's because of this)
Yes i can open the DDS with paint and i dumped my own mk8 game.

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mobile or Intel GPUs can have issues with Blender either displaying the texture data or (if TexConv does weird things which it typically does for a Nintendo tool) converting the data. Is the DDS looking bad in Paint too?

Mat37

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Btw, it's an AMD GPU.
I don't think this is the way it should look (a wall i guess) :
upload_2017-10-11_19-3-10.png

And while trying to open more files, i wasn't able to open some of them.

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That texture is very fine, it's just a normal texture, thus it has those blue/red colors.
Anyway, as a last resort you can try importing without any of the non-diffuse textures (i.e. only keep "Diffuse" checked from the "Import Xyz" settings), that should save some GPU memory and prevent it from running out of it too early.

Mat37

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That texture is very fine, it's just a normal texture, thus it has those blue/red colors.
Anyway, as a last resort you can try importing without any of the non-diffuse textures (i.e. only keep "Diffuse" checked from the "Import Xyz" settings), that should save some GPU memory and prevent it from running out of it too early.
THANK YOU !! Finally a good view of the track :) And sorry for having asked a ton of questions like this (i must also warn you this is maybe not my last post here cuz i want to edit byaml and kcl)

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
old thread but Ive got green hill mod but where do you put the ghzcoursepreview.png file?
It goes in the common file iirc, it will replace the stock course obvs so look for that name with a bflim extension.
Post automatically merged:

Sorry... It maybe the menu szs

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
It goes in the common file iirc, it will replace the stock course obvs so look for that name with a bflim extension.

Thannks but couldnt find it, i'll leave it though as it seems to be a permanent change.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thannks but couldnt find it, i'll leave it though as it seems to be a permanent change.
Yeah its a perma change I'm afraid but what I have is separate folders in sdcafiine for test track purposes and a keeper one with courses i want to keep.

This has changed however with @MikaDubbz mod creation which I'll try find the link for. It has the choice of stock courses with additional ones added and im sure green hill is there!

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah its a perma change I'm afraid but what I have is separate folders in sdcafiine for test track purposes and a keeper one with courses i want to keep.

This has changed however with @MikaDubbz mod creation which I'll try find the link for. It has the choice of stock courses with additional ones added and im sure green hill is there!
im gonna be using with cemu on steam deck

Also how to change name to Sonic? Says metal mario
https://gamebanana.com/mods/172388

yes

You'll find it in "content/ui/cmn" Just load it up in ST and find the image for the track you wanna replace

Last edited by ganons,
Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
im gonna be using with cemu on steam deck

Also how to change name to Sonic? Says metal mario
https://gamebanana.com/mods/172388

yes

You'll find it in "content/ui/cmn" Just load it up in ST and find the image for the track you wanna replace
Names are stored in common, race and menu MSBT files and you'll need an MSBT editor to change them. It's basically a text file anyway!

Attachments

• MSBT.Editor.Reloaded.v0.9.8.rar
    73.1 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: ganons

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Names are stored in common, race and menu MSBT files and you'll need an MSBT editor to change them. It's basically a text file anyway!
I fired up ST and had a look at menu and common, both showed sonics face over metal mario but in game it didn't show so just gave up lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste