Rayman legends no longer Wii U exclusive and Wii u version delayed

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
My only real beef is that now I can't buy my son rayman, I got no fukkin clue what to buy him ..... it's a bit of bitterness due to lack of content on my part .. I really fancied rayman too, but I wouldn't be half as pissed if I had an alternative... my son and I sat looking through the eshop and ended up even more pissed off cuz the content we wanted to view wasn't available due to dumb fuk german time restrictions... so we're truly at a loss ...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The developers are not happy about this either:

I completely understand you but you have to understand one thing. This is not a decision taken by the development team, this comes from really really high up, so please don't pick on the game.

If you're pissed, imagine how we feel. Think on the situation. We've been making overtime with this game practically since May preparing E3, and then almost a demo per month (gamescon, Wii U presentation, shops, eShop, etc.) and at the same time trying to actually finish the game. We had a first delay because it was obvious we couldn't finish on time but we gave it our all to be there on February. What face do you think we had when the week we had to close the game we're being told it's not going to be released? I couldn't believe it.

For practical matters, you'll have to wait for some months for the game to be released and will most likely serve for more content to be added and do it better. For us, this means we've spent 6 months barely seeing our wives, kids, and friends for nothing because, after all, such a haste wasn't needed. Believe it, it was a hell to swallow these news.

Even then I'm firm in what I said back in the day: Rayman Legends is an excellent game and will still be, and the team that's making it doesn't deserve to have your back turned on them just because some men in ties one day took a wrong choice. This industry is really that shitty."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...-sounds-off-the-game-39-s-surprise-delay.aspx

So yeah it's shitty for those who were ready to pick this game up in the next couple of weeks but man those devs have had to really grind down to put the extra work in to get this out at soon as possible only for the higher ups to delay it.

On the plus side it does sound like we'll get more content when this gets released.

D

Deleted_171835

I'd love a ZombiU port. Considering the only two games I wanted on the system were ZombiU and Rayman Legends, port the first game over and I'll be completely satisfied.
How would ZombiU even work on another system considering the heavy use of the Gamepad?

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would ZombiU even work on another system considering the heavy use of the Gamepad?

Take what's assigned to the gamepad and put it on the main screen?

If I remember correctly, you use the gamepad for the inventory, to input codes on door locks, and to scan rooms - that shouldn't be difficult to bring over at all. The multiplayer mode might be a bit more challening (with one player controlling the zombie hordes rts style, right?), but it would still probably be doable with a few changes here and there. Plus, they could always offer Xbox SmartGlass support for 360 owners.

A development team might have to do some finagling, but it would be manageable if they really wanted to port this thing.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one who thinks that Rayman Legends isn't all that good? I feel like it's just a bare bones platformer with shiny graphics on top of it that wasn't really all that fun.

So if the game even gets canceled, I'm not going to shed a tear.

D

Deleted_171835

Take what's assigned to the gamepad and put it on the main screen?

If I remember correctly, you use the gamepad for the inventory, to input codes on door locks, and to scan rooms - that shouldn't be difficult to bring over at all. The multiplayer mode might be a bit more challening (with one player controlling the zombie hordes rts style, right?), but it would still probably be doable with a few changes here and there. Plus, they could always offer Xbox SmartGlass support for 360 owners.

A development team might have to do some finagling, but it would be manageable if the really wanted to port this thing.
Really, SmartGlass? It wouldn't work because it doesn't have buttons or the lag-free streaming tech.

From what I hear, the GamePad is supposed to add "tension" and is an integral part of the game design. An example of this is the fact that the game doesn't pause when you go to sort your inventory on the GamePad so you always have to be careful paying attention to both screens. Simply mirroring the functions on the television won't provide the same experience.

It's certainly possible but it would be detrimental to the game.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

So yeah it's shitty for those who were ready to pick this game up in the next couple of weeks but man those devs have had to really grind down to put the extra work in to get this out at soon as possible only for the higher ups to delay it.

On the plus side it does sound like we'll get more content when this gets released.
So that pretty much confirms it was ready to be released. Huh.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Not saying more content won't be added, but we won't be able to tell now.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really, SmartGlass? It wouldn't work because it doesn't have buttons or the lag-free streaming tech.

I wasn't suggesting that it would take all of the functions of the Gamepad - but it could be used in some capacity if they so desired.

From what I hear, the GamePad is supposed to add "tension" and is an integral part of the game design. An example of this is the fact that the game doesn't pause when you go to sort your inventory on the GamePad so you always have to be careful paying attention to both screens. Simply mirroring the functions on the television won't provide the same experience.

It's certainly possible but it would be detrimental to the game.

You don't need to make it a menu - keep it unpaused but let players look up while they're browsing the inventory to check for zombies. It'd be an easy switch and wouldn't sacrifice any of the tension - plus you wouldn't have to force players to look away from the television screen in the process.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both the 360 and ps3 have been hacked, I can play it for free when it is released, instead of buying it for the Wii U. It almost seems like the third party game makers want to put the hurt on to themselves and Nintendo at the same time.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Both the 360 and ps3 have been hacked, I can play it for free when it is released, instead of buying it for the Wii U. It almost seems like the third party game makers want to put the hurt on to themselves and Nintendo at the same time.
Yeah, you'd think it'd make more business sense to release it first for Wii U and then ... maybe ... port it to the less secure consoles later.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And the fiasco continues!
Apparently Ubisoft has responded to a fan's outcry and to make amends; they promised to make an "exclusive" WiiU demo of the game.

I feel like laughing now. Seriously.
How long 'till it stays exclusive? XD

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/02/08/ubisofts-wii-u-olive-branch-an-exclusive-rayman-demo

...So we'll get to play 2 more levels.. Wiiiiii! Big Whoop. A demo is supposed to make everyone happy? So what Ubisoft is basically saying.. they're gonna torture the development team some more so they can come up with this demo for us, while working on the ports? And just like that, Ubisoft quickly became one of the worst companies to work for.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
So, now they know they have pissed people off, to rub salt in the wound they wanna dangle the carrot some more ... wtf .. crack that whip at the devs , "get us a new demo quick the angry mob have spoken and no you can't go home 'till you fix our fuck up." <cough> I'm of home to fek yer mrs... muhahaha

D

Deleted_171835

...So we'll get to play 2 more levels.. Wiiiiii! Big Whoop. A demo is supposed to make everyone happy? So what Ubisoft is basically saying.. they're gonna torture the development team some more so they can come up with this demo for us, while working on the ports? And just like that, Ubisoft quickly became one of the worst companies to work for.
BUT GUYS, THIS DEMO IS "EXCLUSIVE".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory