Rayman legends no longer Wii U exclusive and Wii u version delayed

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If that's the reason why, publishers have no guts.
If all the publishers just went, "Pff, fine, I'll release on PS3/Wii U hassle-free then, and tell all the fans why they've been disappointed", 360 would be utterly and totally screwed not getting anything, they'd change that rule in a flash, but no, publishers have no guts, and don't want to risk getting less sales. Not sure if they'd make an exception or whatever for rayman anyway, seeing, well, its a hit against Nintendo if they accept it, fans of the game on the console are happy. It just seems kinda, desperate and attention seeking of Microsoft to do this, ha ha. "DON'T YOU FORGET ABOUT THE XBOX!!! XBOX IS NO.1! RELEASE FOR IT FIRST OR NOTHING!"
No. Just no. Being a huge publisher like Ubisoft, they'd have licensing problems with the 360 pretty quick. You do know that publishers have to pay for a game to appear on a console. Also you guys should understand that the part from the MS agreement is almost 2 years old. It's not really a new thing and many games could have been affected without such a big thing coming out of it. I do understand their point of view and fully respect it, although it doesn't really go well with the public. As we've seen so far.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
After reading that microsoft link a few posts back on how microsoft insists that if a game is multiplatform then their version must at least have the same level of features bla bla ... so they now have to delay the WiiU version to downsize it so that M$ down feel small. Hmmm I wonder ... Just all round shitty timing with us WiiU owners all getting ready for something new and the rug gets pulled, just shitty timing... I wouldn't have given a fuck tbh if I would have had some choice but as I don't really , then rayman woulda got the sale.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
To be told for ages that you'll be getting a game on a particular date, and for that date to be pushed back only mere weeks before that date, is a fairly nasty move. Granted they're perfectly allowed to do it, and I'm sure they have their reasons, but nobody can deny that it was a fairly horrible move for the consumers who are now largely disappointed and losing confidence in Ubisoft. Personally I'd always stick to my promises I'd make to my customers, as it keeps up a good image and keeps the consumer's confidence.
Many games have had their dates pushed back and people still like them and I don't see why it's this time in particular that it is a problem, it's actually fortunate it was just a few months instead of a year later. If anything pushing it back so it can be released on more platforms is better. A game I want was pushed back twice and now the release date is a year later than it should be and I don't go around making a big deal of it, I just wait for it and play something else, I really don't see what the big deal is.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Just because other companies have pulled a similar move, does not mean that people approve of that move whatsoever. Regardless at how you look at it, it makes people lose confidence, and that in the long run won't be a good thing. You're also missing the point entirely anyways. As stated, the game is finished, and developers and gamers alike are both pissed off. Gamers are pissed off because Ubisoft have repeatedly said they'll make a particular release date, and developers are pissed off because they've been working extremely hard, only to be told that their hard work means nothing. It's like holding off a game's release just so that they can develop optional DLC. How can someone not be annoyed?
No I'm not missing anything like you assume. Fate/EXTRA CCC was finished and then got delayed twice before it finally got a release date in 2013 and you think people aren't annoyed?
Of course gamers are annoyed but guess what its not going to change anything that happens. It happened rant some and then move on. It's not like the game has been cancelled and it will still be released on ALL platforms in a few months.

phia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Words cannot describe how much hate I'm feeling right now towards Ubisoft. They have to delay the WiiU version by 6 months for the PS3/360 owners, fuck that shit. Why torture the WiiU owners? The least you could do is you know, show some damn support for the system even if it means a timed exclusive. Fuck you Ubisoft.

Source
we wii u players don`t count for ubisoft
why waiting game for wii u is ready
is not fair to wii u players

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Of course products get delayed all of the time. However, there's simply little to no reason for this product to be delayed at all. Your comparison doesn't take this into account, as we don't know why that game got delayed, but we can assume it's probably due to problems in development like it was for Duke Nukem Forever. Obviously those delays are annoying, but it's not as annoying as knowing that the product is completed and is literally just waiting to be printed and shipped out. Again, using my comparison earlier, it's the equivalent of a completed game being delayed so that they can create optional DLC for you to purchase.

Honestly I have no problem with the ranting. People are perfectly entitled to voice their annoyances. I also don't see the problem with customers telling a company that they are very disappointed and most likely won't purchase their product as a result. It's very constructive for people to voice their opinion on these things.

I take it however that you accept that this move is very annoying to developers? You could argue that it's really not that big of a deal, because the only thing that developers are losing is knowing that their product is out there and is being enjoyed by many people. They still got paid, they still lost personal time with their family, the game will still be released, and they'll most likely have more work to do. Surely it's not a big deal for them either then?
No if you read the news article you would know that Fate/EXTRA CCC only got delayed because they wanted to change some of the character designs which somehow took a whole year and from screenshots it doesn't look any better than the first game which is sad considering it took them a whole extra year to make it better.

I said it's not a big deal for the gamers since they would ultimately receive the product a few months down the line. For developers it seems it would depend since they did already get paid and the new work that really needs to be done is porting it to PS360 which if they didn't need to work on that they would do work on some other project or do you think devs only work for 1 game only. The only problem I see here is WiiU people complaining that their exclusive is going to be multiplatform and not exclusive anymore which I don't see as a bad thing, apart from home franchises I don't see the bad thing in having games multiplatform.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The assumptions that I make from this delay are that it's entirely possible that the Wii U version of this game with its touch screen gimmicks etc is actually a complete pile of pants and ubisoft know this. So what they have done is put all 3 releases together so that it doesn't hurt sales on other platforms

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Your comparison right there is flawed. The game was not completed. Even if it looks like nothing has changed, they stated they weren't satisfied with the state of the game, therefore it's not completed. This game on the other hand, that's not the case. It is complete, it will meet its deadline, and there's simply no reason for it to not be released. It's ready, it just needs to be shipped out, unlike Fate/EXTRA CCC which wasn't ready to be shipped out because the developers still wanted to try one or two things with it.

You've also missed the point I was trying to bring about with developers. I completely understand the developers frustration. However, according to your logic, it's no big deal if their hard work isn't getting released since it will be getting released anyways. It shouldn't be a big deal if the game gets released or not, because either way they've still lost time with their family that they're not going to get back. No matter how much complaining the developers do, they'll get nothing back because they got paid what they're legally due. Why is it alright for the developer to complain, yet isn't alright for the consumer to complain? If I worked on a project that had to meet a deadline and was sacrificing my personal life and working overtime, only to be told that my project isn't due for another several months, I'd be pissed. Obviously it doesn't affect me either way if my product gets released or not, since I still get paid for whatever work I do.

And I honestly don't know where you're reading these comments about people complaining that they're losing their exclusives. I don't see them anywhere.
Since you didn't follow the development of FECCC your comment is wrong and ignorant because it was ready to release but they delayed it because if I remember it was the designer wanted a character to have bigger boobs so they had to take it back and change the character model which added more work for people because they have to redo most of the game. If anything it was worse than this situation with Ubisoft wanting to have it multiplat instead of exclusive.

The developers got paid for their work on this project and will start working on another project so I hardly see a problem because it isn't like developers only work on one game only and then stop for the rest of their life plus as long as they got their fair pay for their work they probably don't care. If you read through most of this thread then you would see people complaining that their WiiU exclusive got delayed because it became multi-platform. This is my last comment with you since conversing with you is pointless and annoying since you purposely miss the point and insert hurr durr family bullshit hurr durr into every argument, agree or not but games get delayed all the time, so complain once and move on because you can complain and rant all you want but it isn't going to make them release it any faster.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Since you didn't follow the development of FECCC your comment is wrong and ignorant because it was ready to release but they delayed it because if I remember it was the designer wanted a character to have bigger boobs so they had to take it back and change the character model which added more work for people because they have to redo most of the game. If anything it was worse than this situation with Ubisoft wanting to have it multiplat instead of exclusive.

The developers got paid for their work on this project and will start working on another project so I hardly see a problem because it isn't like developers only work on one game only and then stop for the rest of their life plus as long as they got their fair pay for their work they probably don't care. If you read through most of this thread then you would see people complaining that their WiiU exclusive got delayed because it became multi-platform. This is my last comment with you since conversing with you is pointless and annoying since you purposely miss the point and insert hurr durr family bullshit hurr durr into every argument, agree or not but games get delayed all the time, so complain once and move on because you can complain and rant all you want but it isn't going to make them release it any faster.

It was actually just for the bigger breast size for the female characters, I posted a thread in the USN about it back then... TBH, delaying it one or two years to make the characters have bigger boobs is so much more comprehensible and worth it than waiting 6 months, only for the game to be released in multi-plat, that's not very nice from them to delay a game like that.

I'm not buying it for any platform anyway. =3

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
It was actually just for the bigger breast size for the female characters, I posted a thread in the USN about it back then... TBH, delaying it one or two years to make the characters have bigger boobs is so much more comprehensible and worth it than waiting 6 months, only for the game to be released in multi-plat, that's not very nice from them to delay a game like that.

I'm not buying it for any platform anyway. =3
I read that on Siliconera a while ago which is why I forgot about it until new screenshots came out this year and an April release date was confirmed. It may be more comprehensible than this situation but it doesn't make it any less ridiculous to just delay a game for a whole year to make your characters have bigger boobs. Its not nice but ultimately its their choice to delay it.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I read that on Siliconera a while ago which is why I forgot about it until new screenshots came out this year and an April release date was confirmed. It may be more comprehensible than this situation but it doesn't make it any less ridiculous to just delay a game for a whole year to make your characters have bigger boobs. Its not nice but ultimately its their choice to delay it.

I seriously think that bigger boobs is always a good thing though. z.z

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch +1