Rayman legends no longer Wii U exclusive and Wii u version delayed

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
...Gotta wonder just how many copies they're thinking they'll shift on the PS360 anyway.... in GTA5 month... possibly only a few weeks before the 2 consoles get replaced...?? Rayman Origins was a fantastic game that I'll still go back to, but me (and obviously many of you guys) are clearly the minority as the game bombed... So why not give Wii U owners what they were promised first for a few months? If there's one company that needs a bit of brand loyalty mustering, it's Ubisoft.....

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, that's just great. I have an Amazon gift voucher for £35, was just going to pre-order this game tomorrow because I told my 3, 5 and 8 years old kids that I'd buy it for them next month. They absolutely love the demo, but after a dick move like this I don't think I'll be buying it in September. Hell, I think I'll buy it pre-owned out of spite.

Of course, it's good news for those who don't have the Wii U. I just wish they hadn't delayed it for a simultaneous release.

Reactions: pwsincd

war2thegrave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lulz. So many butthurtt fanboy's
You think that Nintendo could have prevented this,
but once again, their promises of better third party support fall flat.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
jmmvTNrEFMURe.jpg

Meanwhile, at Ubisoft...
success.gif

Don't ask me why lol

war2thegrave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a fanboy but this was gonna be one of the first Rayman games I planned on getting since the GBA era
You'll still get it. Just later than you thought.
Sony and Microsoft are able to retain some kinds of exclusiveness for certain games.
Now that Nintendo are selling their consoles at a loss they are going to have to
focus more on retaining more quality third party titles instead of being so cheap
and relying on gimmicks.

D

Deleted-236924

Option B:
Release it on WiiU as timed exclusive, bring out ported versions later on in the year (not in the same fucking month as GTA or close to possible console launches). Somewhere in the Summer would have been perfect as the game would get the most money that way.
Much more acceptable, albeit would cause fans to whine and that's bad press.
Because what they're doing right now isn't making the fans whine?
Right.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Nintendo and Ubi makes Wii U trailers with Rayman, showing the strengths of the console as well as showing their awesome game. Wii U users hype it up, are bummed that it didn't end up a launch title.
But now it comes! Oh, no it won't... delayed again. "thanks ninty for the publicity using our game in your adverts!".

Oh well... Something else that I also thought of: The Demo. They released the Demo near launch, and now making the users who were able to play it wait a long time. The hype for the game will have cooled off by then. Hell, even more interesting games would've probably been released by then, making Rayman feel "old" as the developers experience evolves rapidly this early in a console's life...

Sure they will sell a lot of copies of this game for the PS360... but it feels like many Wii U users will boycott this now that it is released. I think they would've sold more by releasing the game NOW, for the Wii U, and working in the port just like they are now.
Just like Resident Evil Revelations. Like Resident Evil 4 (it was ported to the PS2 later, right?). Like Bioshock. bah, like every game ever ported at a later date.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well this was unexpected. A sad thing that they won't release it this month, but it's not the end of the world. It's not like the WiiU is the only console most of you have?

As for going multiplat, basically the only way to make a good release is to release everything at the same time. Otherwise the game would face the same fate as Arkham City, Mass Effect 3 and the rest that were launched later for one console vs the rest. Tough being a WiiU owner, sure. Still doesn't justify most of the hate. Especially ideas of Nintendo suing Ubisoft.. Why on earth would Nintendo piss off their 3rd party supporters? Doesn't take much thought in thinking that pissing off just a few of the right people/companies and your platform will be left out of quite a few games. I imagine Nintendo would really like the games the Wii missed out on. I sure as hell would want to play them..

Why do people complain about releasing Rayman at the same times as GTA V? I really doubt the targeted audiences are the same. You know, a platformer with simple character design (even comical?) vs a more realistic approach on crime, violence, drugs and the rest. If I was a parent, I'd really go for Rayman instead of GTA V for my kids. Maybe GTA for myself, but certainly not for the kids. If you think otherwise, good for you :3

Reactions: Dead End
D

Deleted_171835

Well that's some bullshit right there. They should have just made the game a timed exclusive on the Wii U and then released it on the other platforms later rather than cannibalizing sales from the get go.

Fucking Ubisoft...

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lulz. So many butthurtt fanboy's
You think that Nintendo could have prevented this,
but once again, their promises of better third party support fall flat.

If Nintendo were the developer for the game, I'd say you'd may be right. However, Nintendo doesn't have control over Ubisoft. I doubt they could've prevented this, at all, really. Don't blame Nintendo when Ubisoft is a shitty company.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Oh yeah, I'm sure the WiiU audience will be upset enough to ignore a good game, they'll opt for buying other games, all three of them.

Please. The 360/PS3 sales will more than make up for the so-called "loss".
*ignores the sarcasm*
Of course they'll opt to buy other games. Not 'just' because of grief, but also because there'll be more competition (GTA V, to name one).

And as I said: the 360/PS3 sales don't count because they will be the same no matter when the wiiU version gets on the shelves. Unless you want to convince me that those console owners are such wankers they won't buy a game if it was released on a completely different platform months earlier.

(and to be honest...I'm kinda reading that into the OP's source mentioning).

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ignore my sarcasm all you want - facts are that the WiiU bombed in Europe, one of the two primary markets for Ubisoft, plus it has a very limited library of "good" games because it's just a start-up on the market. People will buy Legends because there's nothing else out there to buy - it's going to be a blockbuster regardless of whether or not you're upset now.

D

Deleted_171835

Ignore my sarcasm all you want - facts are that the WiiU bombed in Europe, one of the two primary markets for Ubisoft, plus it has a very limited library of "good" games because it's just a start-up on the market. People will buy Legends because there's nothing else out there to buy - it's going to be a blockbuster regardless of whether or not you're upset now.
Bahahaha, we'll see about that...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Legends won't do phenomenally, Origins didn't. It won't shift copies like Assassin's Creed or something, but it'll do well and it pleases fans.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the franchise go digital.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch