OP
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
5F228E73-9756-43D8-B666-7AD6C8101CDC.jpeg

You see that picture outlined in red? Yeah. It's a picture of someone smiling about their Switch being on 6.0.0, the new update.

People need to take a break from homebrew and actually appreciate a new Switch update. Reddit, GBAtemp, Discord, Twitter...even probably 4chan users keep saying not to update if you want homebrew.

The homebrew needs to wait! Appreciate the console for what it is! I personally want there to be more games I actually want for the system though.

You cannot tell people not to update their Switch. Some people, like me, will. And they will be happier because of those further improvements to overall system stability to enhance the user experience.

https://twitter.com/Larsenv_293/status/1042239010674888704

EDIT: I accidentally wrote "date [your switch]" instead of "update".

Last edited by Larsenv,

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 143733

You see that picture outlined in red? Yeah. It's a picture of someone smiling about their Switch being on 6.0.0, the new update.

People need to take a break from homebrew and actually appreciate a new Switch update. Reddit, GBAtemp, Discord, Twitter...even probably 4chan users keep saying not to update if you want homebrew.

The homebrew needs to wait! Appreciate the console for what it is! I personally want there to be more games I actually want for the system though.

You cannot tell people not to date their Switch. Some people, like me, will. And they will be happier because of those further improvements to overall system stability to enhance the user experience.

https://twitter.com/Larsenv_293/status/1042239010674888704
The advice is not to never update your Switch, its to never update your Switch if you absolutely totally want maximum homebrew capabilities.
If you don't give the slightest shit about Homebrew,
1. Why are you on a website focused on console hacking? I'm sure there are plenty other Nintendo websites glad to see an update.
2. Just do you, who gives a fuck what other people say or think about your update habits? Do it anyway.

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
OP
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
The advice is not to never update your Switch, its to never update your Switch if you absolutely totally want maximum homebrew capabilities.
If you don't give the slightest shit about Homebrew,
1. Why are you on a website focused on console hacking? I'm sure there are plenty other Nintendo websites glad to see an update.
2. Just do you, who gives a fuck what other people say or think about your update habits? Do it anyway.

1. Because I'm here for modding other consoles, kick ass and chew bubblegum. You know damn well I'm all out of bubblegum.
  2. Yeah but what if people start teasing people who don't update and vice versa? /s

BetterDuck

I am truly remarded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Because I'm here for modding other consoles, kick ass and chew bubblegum. You know damn well I'm all out of bubblegum.
  2. Yeah but what if people start teasing people who don't update and vice versa? /s
Boo boo, avoid those people. Though I've never seen anything like that happen and doubt it ever will, like no one cares if someone else updates.

Reactions: Seriel

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The drawing is cute and all, and you are totally free to think and do what you want with your console ^_^, but... i can't appreciate the 6.0.0 update... not even a bit of it...

Blame the online service for that.
DnYZ_EmU8AAv468.jpeg

Reactions: MCNX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...