ROM Hack Ragnarok DS - English Translation Project

kwan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great cheat discovery!!
DrkXShadowZ i ve posted ur method on the "New massive cheat" by narin so other users can use ur way as well.
If u wouldn't like me to post it then notify me and i will delete my post.
p.s ive creditted u =D

Rayster

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello guys. Nice Project! More power
biggrin.gif

Anyway, I can't see any cheat displayed whenever I want to play Ragnarok.. I can only see square thingy.. I already change the Game I.D. the same with the patch rom and saved it using R4CCE.

How come I can't see it?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rayster said:
biggrin.gif

Anyway, I can't see any cheat displayed whenever I want to play Ragnarok.. I can only see square thingy.. I already change the Game I.D. the same with the patch rom and saved it using R4CCE.

How come I can't see it?
Which card do you have?
If it's an R4, there's a problem with larger cheat files.
Either go through and remove games you will not play, or move the ones you do want to play up to the top of the list.

oldmilk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the part of the game after I've returned the little kid to his father who happened to be about 70 years older than him and after beating the huge old willow tree boss. After that, everything isn't translated. Is that Chapter 4 already? my patch is from January 21. January 25 patch had no translation update.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
oldmilk said:
I'm in the part of the game after I've returned the little kid to his father who happened to be about 70 years older than him and after beating the huge old willow tree boss. After that, everything isn't translated. Is that Chapter 4 already? my patch is from January 21. January 25 patch had no translation update.
No. That's not Chapter 4.
As I have said a few times before, parts of the game, which may appear as story, are actually related to the quest files and are untranslated.

Rayster

Trophies
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
Rayster said:
biggrin.gif

How come I can't see it?Which card do you have?
If it's an R4, there's a problem with larger cheat files.
Either go through and remove games you will not play, or move the ones you do want to play up to the top of the list.

Yeap sir, I am using R4DS. I also figured it out last night, because I have Professor Layton in my DS, which has a Cheat. So I tried moving the Ragnarok DS before letter "P" Games... and wala! It works
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(oldmilk @ Feb 1 2009, 06:27 AM)

Yeah, same here. Although I was in the part defeating the Golden Thief Bug. I can't understand some text too.. I wonder what chapter am I?

Right now, Im going to the Sograt Desert with a New Friend
biggrin.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rayster said:
Yeah, same here. Although I was in the part defeating the Golden Thief Bug. I can't understand some text too.. I wonder what chapter am I?

biggrin.gif
Ch 00: Intro [Escape from the Lab]
Ch 01: Yushidora's Cavern [Find the Precious Stone]
Ch 02: First Jobs in Prontera [Find Dog Tags / Find Corum (Olav's Son)]
Ch 03: Geffen & Mt Mjolnir Coal Mines [Find the Treasure]
Ch 04: Prontera & Morroc [Clear the Culvert / Start a Guild / Cross the Desert]

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Xyjiryo said:
I keep getting Japanese after I wake up after getting pwnt by the Dark Knight. Is that supposed to be there?
No. It should be in english.
......!

...!
!

... Mom...

...Uh...guh...

!!

...Huff...huff...huff.

Where am I...?
Lucifi
Geffen Inn... You took a
while, so I was worriedLucifi
and went back... Then
you were sprawled out onLucifi
the floor. So I brought
you here in a hurry.

What happened
to those two guys!?
Lucifi

, what happened
back there?

A black knight...

Eh?

Sorry... Will you leave
me alone now?...

If I was stronger...
I could've saved them...

I... I want...

I want to be stronger...

Yeah!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What should I do?
I don't know...

Just like that man, I'm
worried about .

But, more...

I want to
do something...

To ... Something
for ...

But... I don't
know what to do...

Inside my chest
is so gloomy...

What's wrong with me...

Rayster

Trophies
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
Rayster said:

biggrin.gif
Ch 00: Intro [Escape from the Lab]
Ch 01: Yushidora's Cavern [Find the Precious Stone]
Ch 02: First Jobs in Prontera [Find Dog Tags / Find Corum (Olav's Son)]
Ch 03: Geffen & Mt Mjolnir Coal Mines [Find the Treasure]
Ch 04: Prontera & Morroc [Clear the Culvert / Start a Guild / Cross the Desert]

Thanks twiz! So I'm in Chapter 4 already XD

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
hey guys, new here.

listen, if you really, really need to use the cheats, here's how i do it.

first, you need to fit BOTH the patched rom and the original on your card. that's how i do it. (since the original uses J to denote japanese, i put U for, well, US, haha.)
EDIT: since the patcher renames the rom, rename it so that the only difference between the 2 roms are the file size and the letters J/U in the file name (ie, original might be RODS J, patched would RODS U)

then you need a brew that can RENAME files (i use the ever-so-useful DSOrganize, but you can use iFile as well) so that you can rename the save files. now, just browse the files using your preferred RENAMER, and rename the save file from J to U. then you load the ORIGINAL rom (not the patched, it'll create a save which will only confuse you. remember, 2 roms, 1 save. easy), select the cheats (for those with cheat engines, or have it prepatched with cheats), play the game, save. make sure it's done writing. just to be safe, exit the menu, haha. okay, then you reboot.

load up your preferred renamer, then switch it back from J to U. after that, load up the patched rom and enjoy.

Oh, another tip. if you're using DSOrganize, why not create a folder where you can copy paste saves before doing anything rash in-game, or when testing new patches? this way, you'll have backups of your save files. you'll even be able to backup SUSPEND saves (so yeah, if you really wanted that boss to drop something w/out starting all the way back from Geffen...).

i use this method very often, whenever i get annoyed with refining, haha. didn't try any other cheat, didn't wanna spoil the game too much.

EDIT: oh and, i hope they've fixed the Quest info. my last patch was early January, i think, and i was having problems with the quests displaying the wrong info (LIKE "Golden Eagle Reforming?" displaying "Let's take Sierra to Freya's Altar."). and there was one crash-inducing quest. IIRC, it was on that page with the "Demon Birds" or something like that. the PecoPeco in prontera quest. can't remember. maybe next post i'll put more info. and sometimes, using Fly Wing from the menu crashes the game for me, so i had to shortcut it just to be safe. and even then, when i'm grinding for cash and XP, i suspend and backup my save, just in case the shortcut crashes.

flashcart is EDGE, latest OS (1.43).
i can't remember which quests i have left undone, but mostly that quest info problem i've had persisted even after i've finished the main quest. basically, i can view any page in there but that one page (which i'll add in a jiffy. just not now, don't have my DS with me).

there, haha, said my fill. whew. and yes, next time i'll use the format for bug reports. just finished reading that.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ferofax said:
EDIT: oh and, i hope they've fixed the Quest info. my last patch was early January, i think, and i was having problems with the quests displaying the wrong info (LIKE "Golden Eagle Reforming?" displaying "Let's take Sierra to Freya's Altar."). and there was one crash-inducing quest. IIRC, it was on that page with the "Demon Birds" or something like that. the PecoPeco in prontera quest. can't remember. maybe next post i'll put more info. and sometimes, using Fly Wing from the menu crashes the game for me, so i had to shortcut it just to be safe. and even then, when i'm grinding for cash and XP, i suspend and backup my save, just in case the shortcut crashes.I completely re-wrote the Quest Info file.
It should fix all crashes and have proper English.
QUOTE(ferofax @ Feb 1 2009, 01:52 AM) flashcart is EDGE, latest OS (1.43).
i can't remember which quests i have left undone, but mostly that quest info problem i've had persisted even after i've finished the main quest. basically, i can view any page in there but that one page (which i'll add in a jiffy. just not now, don't have my DS with me).
No real need to, it should be fully fixed with the latest patch (as far back as the 21st I think).

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can't open the menu....?
...because it crashes?
...it just wont open?

I'll try it myself later tonight.
But it's possible that you simply cannot access the menu at that time for whatever reason.

Sombience

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to express my deepest thanks and gratitude for what y'all are doing. The patch works flawlessly on my CycloDS card (latest firmware v1.53).

I'd be happy to make a donation, just post the link.

vixhard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
twiztidsinz said:
Can't open the menu....?
...because it crashes?
...it just wont open?

I'll try it myself later tonight.
But it's possible that you simply cannot access the menu at that time for whatever reason.

yea... that's right... firstly, you still can open the menu in morroc, but if you had a hunting at the dessert for a moment, you can't open the menu. your DS being crash. i've tried to go to the other city, but it's useless.

o, yeah... not only open the menu, but also when you enter the portal to the city..

Fafnir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably pick this game up again when it's completely translated. (Great work, guys.) But being a GM for my friend's server, I've got to put my time there for the players who need it.

But anyway, I'm just giving my thanks for everyone who is putting their time into this.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
vixhard said:
yea... that's right... firstly, you still can open the menu in morroc, but if you had a hunting at the dessert for a moment, you can't open the menu. your DS being crash. i've tried to go to the other city, but it's useless.

o, yeah... not only open the menu, but also when you enter the portal to the city..
Menu works fine for me in both Sograt Desert (N) and (S).
Entering/Exiting Morroc Town also works properly.
Please make sure you are using the latest firmware for your card and latest patch.

vixhard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
twiztidsinz said:
vixhard said:

Menu works fine for me in both Sograt Desert (N) and (S).
Entering/Exiting Morroc Town also works properly.
Please make sure you are using the latest firmware for your card and latest patch.

i already using the latest firmware and the latest patch... if just walk arround for a time, the game is still ok, but when you play for, may be 30minutes-1hour, the game will crushed...(when open the menu)

also when i get katar of quekening or speciality jur, i just want to check it. so i open the menu, then it crush

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I live maybe 3 minutes from a Dairy Queen, so I would just go there for ice cream anything anyways. I usually get the Oreo Blizzard, or a Peanut Buster Parfait.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats a dairy queen?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ice cream shop
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, mmmm ice cream
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremums a dairy queen
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: