::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
twiztidsinz said:
Since we have to actually work on translating the game and editing and reducing the size of files, rather than just stealing someone else's work like SOMEONE, not everything can be tested right away.
You should better remove the link of the wiki in any posts above or safely move the work in a private wiki, this will stop the thievery. It's really disgusting.
Also if you need any help (I doubt it since Darthnemesis is helping you) PM me.

laxxe23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
let me say this, it seems, one person is getting more bugs fixed quicker than you guys are, from the two patches that were released, it seems that your team could use his help, so instead of arguing and saying how upset you are, how bout look towards the future goal of this project, i really doubt that he is trying to do anything to piss people off on purpose.

Anubis

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
laxxe23 said:
let me say this, it seems, one person is getting more bugs fixed quicker than you guys are, from the two patches that were released, it seems that your team could use his help, so instead of arguing and saying how upset you are, how bout look towards the future goal of this project, i really doubt that he is trying to do anything to piss people off on purpose.

If he wanted to be in the project he would have asked. Instead, he's just fixing little bugs that pretty much sum up to character limits using the team files and giving his name. So yeah... I get how this might upset people.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
laxxe23 said:
Well. If it wasn't for our work... He'd have no bugs to fix.
Our original intention was to have all the people who could translate work on getting the files translated then the people who can't translate (like me) work on cleaning up/clarifying the English dialogue, correct it for the proper line lengths and then test it.
Then Judas came along, takes our work, modifies it so it functions and then releases it.

You might be saying "Well.. what does it matter? He's making it work, so who cares?"
We care.
First of all, he took our work without asking and releases it independently with indifference to the desire of the group.
Second, even though he's fixed our work... We have no idea of the fixes. You might not care because you're able to play the game that much sooner, however it slows us down because now we have to do the work he's already done (which, granted, we would have to do anyway), as well as "compete" with him over releasing patches (which slows down our overall work). In the end, this just means it's going to take us longer to get a finished product out to the public.
Third, he lurked around on the GoogleDocs sheet for a while... never spoke.. never answered people (That I saw. The few in our group who DO remember him also said they've not seen him say anything). If he had wanted to be part of the project, we probably would have welcomed him because at that time we were looking for people to work on the project in any capacity.

As for not wanting to piss people off, after expressing my displeasure with him releasing the patches on GameFAQs, he made it clear that he did not care. That he was going to continue to use our work to release his patches despite our request not to and without contributing to the project.

To Noitora,
I appreciate your concern for the project... however, DarthNemesis told me that with the free wiki that he's set up and the project is using, it is impossible to restrict viewing assess to people. We could if we paid for a month, but I personally think it's kind of silly to throw money at this project.
And there just comes a point where you have to stop caring...

Kira Yamato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
laxxe23 said:

I believe that you are not understanding the whole thing actually... He is not spotting any bug faster... bugs come with the script length and since he hasnt translated almost anything of the script he doesnt have the random freezes...

Now, we had a lil problem because twiz hadnt used the tested scripts but some older and he said he had that problem... so thats why the patch still had those freezes but that will be probably fixed in the next release since i've already sent him the ones tested.

So... please dont come into rash conclusions before asking the team...

laxxe23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anubis said:
laxxe23 said:

If he wanted to be in the project he would have asked. Instead, he's just fixing little bugs that pretty much sum up to character limits using the team files and giving his name. So yeah... I get how this might upset people.
tedious work im guessing, wouldnt you like someone who can do that plus have someone that knows some japanese in your group?

Kira Yamato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Ichigosj said:
why do you take his patch and steal some of his work to get him back

just a thought

because what he has solved are things that we already had solved and just hadnt released a patch... and the freezes are a problem with the script which he "kinda translated" 2 scenes. The random freezes were solved as i stated in my other post so is kinda pointless and actually i dont believe the team wanna steal work after working hard in releasing a good patch.

laxxe23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
laxxe23 said:
Well. If it wasn't for our work... He'd have no bugs to fix.
Our original intention was to have all the people who could translate work on getting the files translated then the people who can't translate (like me) work on cleaning up/clarifying the English dialogue, correct it for the proper line lengths and then test it.
Then Judas came along, takes our work, modifies it so it functions and then releases it.

You might be saying "Well.. what does it matter? He's making it work, so who cares?"
We care.
First of all, he took our work without asking and releases it independently with indifference to the desire of the group.
yes and he mistakenly assumed it was for the public to mess with due to the sign there
Second, even though he's fixed our work... We have no idea of the fixes. You might not care because you're able to play the game that much sooner, however it slows us down because now we have to do the work he's already done (which, granted, we would have to do anyway), as well as "compete" with him over releasing patches (which slows down our overall work). In the end, this just means it's going to take us longer to get a finished product out to the public.
who says he hasnt been keeping track of his fixes?
Third, he lurked around on the GoogleDocs sheet for a while... never spoke.. never answered people (That I saw. The few in our group who DO remember him also said they've not seen him say anything). If he had wanted to be part of the project, we probably would have welcomed him because at that time we were looking for people to work on the project in any capacity.
sorry dont have an answer fo everything
As for not wanting to piss people off, after expressing my displeasure with him releasing the patches on GameFAQs, he made it clear that he did not care. That he was going to continue to use our work to release his patches despite our request not to and without contributing to the project.

To Noitora,
I appreciate your concern for the project... however, DarthNemesis told me that with the free wiki that he's set up and the project is using, it is impossible to restrict viewing assess to people. We could if we paid for a month, but I personally think it's kind of silly to throw money at this project.
And there just comes a point where you have to stop caring...

Slyde1052

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks alot for the translation!

I'm just ringin in to say I'm having the Girl Name Screen lockup on my DSTT (Kernel v1.16, real, using YSmenu), oh and to say thanks, of course.

Looking forward to the next patch!
yaynds.gif

Kira Yamato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
And btw... It is not the same to "translate" stuff like quests just to make the game playable like translating the item number and the items with a brief explanation... than trying to make a real patch with real context and everything....

Trying to make an script where the characters have their own personality and not just a google translation fixed to make sense... or translating the quests how a real game would have them is diferent to just translate them, fix them to dont make the game freeze and understandable... thats not really hard to do... What the team is trying to do is making a decent translation... What bothers me is that the people who is pushing and supporting judas is the ppl who just wanna go through the game and doesnt care about the script or anything... They just want the menu translated and the quest so they can quickly advance through the game... if thats so.. then translating the menu and the quests should be enough...

But we are trying to go for a COMPLETE translation and thats where some people believe that if he is releasing a patch more "stable" why we cant... we cant because we have to mess with more files and make longer translations that usually lead to freezes ... and that only means that we have to make more testing and stuff while he just steal what is stable and makes some fixes releasing "stable patches"

Kira Yamato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh and i have decided that i will not argue or answer any other post of the style of "judas patch is better!11!!1!11" and such since this is the GBATemp patch for RODS... If you wanna use his patch go to gamefaqs and ask for his... If you're supporting the team stay and wait for the next release...

Now i ask a mod to please edit the posts about his patch and everyone here to focus on the patch of this comunity... What other people is doing outside is not our business.

Thanks

~Templar of Eva

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kira Yamato said:
Ichigosj said:
why do you take his patch and steal some of his work to get him back

just a thought

because what he has solved are things that we already had solved and just hadnt released a patch... and the freezes are a problem with the script which he "kinda translated" 2 scenes. The random freezes were solved as i stated in my other post so is kinda pointless and actually i dont believe the team wanna steal work after working hard in releasing a good patch.
just a thought i didnt know how far he was sorry

Kira Yamato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
zergslayer69 said:
Welsh, on a slight divergence, I used a clean rom and patched it with the patch. And mine also black screens after the "what's your name" part.

Please wait for the third patch... We already know the second patch has some random freezes issues because we used some older files by mistake... Thanks though for making us know.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
laxxe23 said:
tedious work im guessing, wouldnt you like someone who can do that plus have someone that knows some japanese in your group?We do.
But it's far easier to find people to test and fix the problems than to translate, so we want the people who CAN translate to translate while those who cant fix the problems.
If the translators were the ones fixing the problems as they go, this patch would take forever to come out.
Also, not all the translators are native English speakers which leads to two issues (not the fault of the translators):
1). The translations can be "rough" sounding and a little too literal.
2). When they need to be fixed, someone who's a native English speaker will often be able to come up with shorter words quicker.
Which is why it's better to have the translators just focusing on the translations and have others work on cleaning it up and fixing the length issues.

QUOTE(Ichigosj @ Jan 7 2009, 07:36 PM) why do you take his patch and steal some of his work to get him back
We could.
It wouldn't be too hard, just download his ROM (because he's distributing full ROMs -- against the GBAtemp TOS and I'm pretty sure GameFAQ's too as well as Yahoo!'s.. not to mention that it's illegal in many places), unpack it with DSBuff, extract the Unicode with RagnarokTrans and look at all the files.

I refuse to because then it would be no better than what he's doing.

As for the freezing issue, that is entirely my fault.
Either I edited the files directly in the C:\DSBuff\msg folder or some how my Translated Scripts got overwritten with a backup I had, but when I went to pack the files into the ROM to make the patch, older files were used for the Intro scripts.

Tedo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THIS is amazing work! I had gotten the game knowing it was in Japanese and was sad
frown.gif
With the magic of google, it led me here and I must say I'm impressed! All the translations actually make a story that I can understand hahaha. I cannot wait for the third patch so I can get beyond 'What's your name?' freeze. I'm about 1 1/2 hours in on the Japanese game and cannot advance because I cannot find what to do. I hope the menu's will be clean just like the Japanese! I'm looking forward to this game and story +wifi!!! I just had to put my voice in.

darksun45230

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
darksun45230.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
laxxe23 said:

Well of course people are going to complain. So long as we have freedom of speech.
lecture.gif

What people need to know is that there a lot of grateful people waiting. I'm one of them.
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk