Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker said:
Noondae said:
Maikel Steneker said:
kaijuu said:
hi sorry if youve answered this already if so just point me in the right directon so sorry in advance

i have an r4 card so the only way for some of the newer games to run is to upgrade to ysmenu so i went to the site and downloaded the zip file which i opened....

but what now what do i have to replace in my r4 card or do i need to rename stuff

as i say if youve already explained this sorry but im a little lost here
blink.gif
It easier than you think. Extract R4YSauto to any folder, place the YSMenu zip file in the same folder and run r4.bat. That's all you need to do really - R4YSauto will ask everything it needs to know.

So do you put it into any folder in the R4 or like on the desktop? And once you run the r4.bat do you copy and paste everything into the R4 card?
You run it in any folder, it will even work on your desktop. After running r4.bat there will be another file called r4_custom_English.zip. It will also be opened automatically. You can extract this file to your SD card.

So I just put the entired YSMenu.zip in the folder, still in the zip form? Or do I take it out of the .zip and put it in the folder?...Then I run r4.bat.

I've tried doing it with it in the .zip form and unzipped form and the window that pops up and I get a thing that says "ERROR: NOT FOUND"

Sorry for being so dumb. DX

I guess I just had to wait for the stuff to pop up, because I went back to the window and it was working. Sorry again, and thank you for your help.
biggrin.gif

cpm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Zane said:
That was the only game that does it, i know it's one of them games that needs Arm7 fix. But i got Age of Mythologies to work on YSmenu, without arm7, so i thought i could do the same with Monster Lab. Or did i get the error because it does need the arm7 fix?

Yes, yes, it's the only does it for that game etc... but did you actually try to defragment your microsd card?

fyi, the game runs for me just fine for me.

mehrab2603

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have a problem.i've got a cloned r4(r4sdhc).no official firmwares work in this even if i decrypt them using r4crypt.it has its own unique firmwares.since r4ysauto creates the firmware for the original r4 they are not working for my cloned r4.how can i generate a working firmware for my card?

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got error when trying to start Resident Evil Deadly Silence, aswell. Odd since that game works fine with the r4 Firmwire. Guess i have to try the defragment thing again.

EDIT: Ok defragmenting the Card, worked. Thanks Cpm.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I just registered here but have been reading the forums for 4-5 days now. I'm a n00b at this nds stuff so please bear with me.
smile.gif
Also, I don't have an nds myself but I purchased an official R4 as a gift to my son on Xmas. I wish I had looked into better options than the R4 beforehand, but it's a bit late for that now.

Anyway, my question is: Do the following games work with R4YSauto/YSMenu - without the need for any other patch? I read about the ARM7 patch, but I don't know if it's still needed when using the latest YSMenu with the following titles.

Sonic Chronicles: Dark Brotherhood (U)
Drawn to Life (U)
Ben 10: Protector of Earth (U)
Ben 10 Alien Force (U)

Thanks in advance. Any help for this n00b is greatly appreciated!

cpm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tyuno123 said:
will defragging the card help ?
I got the same problem for TWEWY but Monster Lab works fine
If you have "errcode=-2147483632", then it'd probably help.

I've have that errcode twice, with larger roms that i squeezed on to my card, and in both cases it was resolved thru defragging the card (backup-delete-restore).

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
mehrab2603 said:
i have a problem.i've got a cloned r4(r4sdhc).no official firmwares work in this even if i decrypt them using r4crypt.it has its own unique firmwares.since r4ysauto creates the firmware for the original r4 they are not working for my cloned r4.how can i generate a working firmware for my card?
I don't think you can. I have another clone (the N5), and I have exactly the same problem. So far, I haven't been able to find a way to run it without the N5 software.

If you use one of the other options in R4YSauto (booting it after the R4 SDHC software, booting it instead of Moonshell or just installing it as YSMenu.nds) it should also work on your R4 SDHC or any other R4 clone.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Budgie2k8 said:
Why cant i get this to work on the R4 Deluxe .. ?
Probably because you tried to replace the original software. I'd guess that the R4 deluxe is different, meaning it can't use software that's written for the R4. You should use the R4 Deluxe software and install YSMenu as default.nds, _DS_MSHL.NDS or YSMenu.nds (options 2/3/4 or b/c/d).

Budgie2k8

Trophies
XP
Country
Maikel Steneker said:
Budgie2k8 said:
Why cant i get this to work on the R4 Deluxe .. ?
Probably because you tried to replace the original software. I'd guess that the R4 deluxe is different, meaning it can't use software that's written for the R4. You should use the R4 Deluxe software and install YSMenu as default.nds, _DS_MSHL.NDS or YSMenu.nds (options 2/3/4 or b/c/d).

Thankyou .. now working ...

kesadisan

Trophies
Website
www.lonestudio.net
XP
Country
Indonesia
hey guys i got problem here
so when i use YSMENU via YSMENU.NDS it runs well
but when i run the game it crash and shown an error somesort like _DS_DATA_.DAT was error or something
and my memory was crash after that
when loading the data on my computer the data was all gone or partially error so it can't be readed and must be formated
glad i have Recovery program, but it still i'm curious why this is happening
any solving?
MORE DETAILS: i used R4SDHC(Fake one), V-Gen MicroSD 2GB

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So i just tried to play Chrono Trigger again, and this time on YSmenu, the game works fine on the 1.18 kernel, but with YSmenu it just stays at the white screens after starting. Any solution to this?

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSTT/Y's and some other carts need a hack to get ChroTr working.

Download the latest usercheat.dat from narins big cheat thread and put it in the ttmenu folder, then activate the hack in the cheats menu and save.

Master Splinter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have been coming to the forums for awile now. Mainly the DS cheat db thread. I just installed R4YSauto after only using the default r4 menu. i registered to say thanks and i love R4YSauto. it makes using the cheat db much easier. no more deletng games from the db anymore for me. again, thanks.
yaynds.gif

WiiDSbold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there!

I would like to install YsMenu using R4YSauto on my R4 but i wont be able to run the script on a pc with internet-connection for a while, so it hangs in a loop whenever it tries to connect for updates etc...
Can anyone tell me what lines need to be disabled to avoid inet-lookup? My guess is that everything thats needed for it to run through is there already - i really dont care for the newest cheat.dat etc.

Maybe a permanent solution for the script would be to skip after 5 times without getting a connection...

Thanks for the good work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...