Hacking R4iTT

Flurp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I know, these things are absolute cack. My old R4 running Wood died a couple of days ago, and being in Cambodia these miserable things are all I can find. I've had to buy two...

First one I got was one of the purple ones marked 'New'. Tried the firmware update for it from their website and it crashed while erasing and bricked. Attempts to reflash it from the working black one I then bought have all failed, it just hangs when trying to erase the device. Not sure if its the card itself, or if the firmware on their website is toss. I'm leaning towards the latter. Any advice to get this piece of crap working again would be appreciated.

As for the functional, updated black one I've got is there any alternative to the god-awful firmware and kernel? The old-style R4 UI is horrible and does my teeth in. Unfortunately seems like Wood doesn't work with this thing, so I might be stuck with it.

Cheers

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
RGF's Kernel works with the card
so thats game compatibility sorted

well if its not reflashing that 1 its gone then
can you return it saying it never worked from start and the other one worked fine so they will give you a replacement?

Flurp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I could try and take it back and see what happens, but I doubt it'd get me anywhere; keeping customers happy isn't exactly a huge priority here, more kind of 'take the money and run'.

Cheers for the RGF tip, grabbing it now.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I could try and take it back and see what happens, but I doubt it'd get me anywhere; keeping customers happy isn't exactly a huge priority here, more kind of 'take the money and run'.

Cheers for the RGF tip, grabbing it now.

well faulty products should be replaced anywhere
not your fault you got a dud

Flurp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You'd think. Unfortunately doesn't always work that way here. I was stupid enough not to check the contents of the second cart I bought (from a different place), and it was missing both the MicroSD and crappy adaptor.

It's Cambodia - the rules of the normal world don't apply.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Was a dark time