Hacking R4i sdhc 3ds flashcart update for 3DS 2.0.0-2

Nicole Luyben

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4i sdhc team has released the update new firmware V1.40b and also the update patch for 3DS 2.0.0-2, here is the details.

Here is the V1.40 download page : http://r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp

And also the 3DS 2.0.0-2 patch for R4i sdhc 3DS : download

Here is the read me quote from them

N3DS V2.0.0 hardware upgrade?

1. You can not upgrade N3DS Card with N3DS V2.0.0. If your N3DS console has already been upgraded to N3DS V2.0.0, you will need another NDSL or NDSi or N3DS(which should be under version V2.0.0) to upgrade your 3DS flash card.
2. make sure nds fully charged, better with external power pluged.
3. First, reformatting the SD, download the latest kernel 1.40b.
4. Unzip and copy the files(R4iMenu,moonshl2,moonmemo,r4.DAT) to the root of MicroSD card.
5. Download the latest upgrading programs. Unzip and copy the file(fwupv20a.nds) to the root of MicroSD card.
6. Insert MicroSD card into r4i 3DS card, insert 3DS card into nds\dsl\dsi\dsixl\3DS
7. Turn on console and press "A" button to run the upgrade file fwupv20a.nds. Note:When upgrading the r4i 3DS card, it is not allowed to turn off power or pull out r4i 3DS,otherwise it will damage the r4i 3DS card.

But i dont have any R4i sdhc card, need the test from you guys ! Just put your result in the reply!

deadmaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Today I bought this flashcart. It's a clone isn't it? It's not working on my 3DS, but their site says it is compatible. My 3DS is already updated so is there any way to update the cart manually without another DS/i?

Here's a pic from their site:
ff_r2_c2.jpg

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
deadmaker said:
Today I bought this flashcart. It's a clone isn't it? It's not working on my 3DS, but their site says it is compatible. My 3DS is already updated so is there any way to update the cart manually without another DS/i?

*snip*
I don't see a 3DS v2.0.0-2 firmware update on their website (www.r4sdhc.com according to the box in the image). You can't update unless they make one and posts it. All you can do now is wait or buy a better cart.

QUOTE(Nicole Luyben @ Jun 8 2011, 10:38 PM) *snip*
But i dont have any R4i sdhc card, need the test from you guys ! Just put your result in the reply!
why are you asking, if you don't have one? If all you want is 3DS 2.0.0-2 support, get an acekard 2i or SuperCard DSTWO.

deadmaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
s4mid4re said:
deadmaker said:

*snip*
I don't see a 3DS v2.0.0-2 firmware update on their website (www.r4sdhc.com according to the box in the image). You can't update unless they make one and posts it. All you can do now is wait or buy a better cart.

Oh crap. Is it possible that this compatibility was with the older firmware of the 3DS? Have I been fooled?
cry.gif

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
deadmaker said:
s4mid4re said:
deadmaker said:

*snip*

Oh crap. Is it possible that this compatibility was with the older firmware of the 3DS? Have I been fooled?
cry.gif
I'm pretty sure they meant 3DS v1.1.0-1 and not the new one.

deadmaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
s4mid4re said:
deadmaker said:
s4mid4re said:
deadmaker said:

*snip*

cry.gif
I'm pretty sure they meant 3DS v1.1.0-1 and not the new one.

Oh man I can't believe it! I feel so stupid! I'll try to get my money back, since I didn't buy it on the internet. The problem is that it's so rare to find a flashcart other than this fuckin R4 here in Brazil...

Thanks for your help anyway.

Rhinne

Trophies
XP
Country
deadmaker said:
Oh man I can't believe it! I feel so stupid! I'll try to get my money back, since I didn't buy it on the internet. The problem is that it's so rare to find a flashcart other than this fuckin R4 here in Brazil...

Give it a few days, and see if they come out with an update - most flash cart makers have done now.

It may not show 3DS 2.0 on the site because it didn't exist in the public until a couple of days ago, and it may take some flash cart makers to get through the new firmware and develop the patch.

If no update after a few days, I'd look at getting your money back and then moving on to something like an AceKard or Supercard.
If you want a cheaper one, the R4i 3DS is working fine.

deadmaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Rhinne said:
deadmaker said:

Give it a few days, and see if they come out with an update - most flash cart makers have done now.

It may not show 3DS 2.0 on the site because it didn't exist in the public until a couple of days ago, and it may take some flash cart makers to get through the new firmware and develop the patch.

If no update after a few days, I'd look at getting your money back and then moving on to something like an AceKard or Supercard.
If you want a cheaper one, the R4i 3DS is working fine.

Thanks for your advice but I think I'll try to get my money back tomorrow. I just found a brazilian website selling the DSTwo, people say they're reliable. It's worth twice as much what I paid in this R4 (without the SD card), but I think it's a better move.

Here's the link of the site. Can you confirm this is the one that works on the 3DS, since I am newbier than I thought?(I don't know if we're allowed to post links to shopping sites, but anyways)

http://www.netserv19.com/ecommerce_site/pr...em-1-lancamento!

Thanks.

Nicole Luyben

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deadmaker said:

ff_r2_c2.jpg

hi man,first, you need to know the item you bought is not the one says in this post

Here is the R4i sdhc 3ds in this post

R4I-3DS.jpg

It is different from the one you bought

by the way , i just checked the site you linked , it is DSTwo, of course it is working on your 3DS, but you need to get a DS/DSi to do the update first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: