Hacking R4DS or CycloDS Evolution?

Which do you think is better- the R4DS or the CycloDS Evolution?

• R4DS/ M3 Simply

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CycloDS Evolution

• same

• I don't know never had one

• Total voters

Jeda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
At the moment the Cyclo looks like the better of the two. However it is still new and there is just no way to tell if the frequent updates will continue forever. I you have no card yet and have the money, go for that one. However I don't think the difference is worth upgrading if you already have a working card

Nintendude205304

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah probably will sell my r4 on ebay: Look at these prices!!

Can get it from DX for waaaaaaaaaaaay less!
Could even buy from DX in bulk then sell on ebay for some extra money(just an idea)!
From what I've seen CycloDS is about $54-$59.

Nintendude205304

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah their shipping is slow but if you buy a lot at a time you'll need to wait for shipping alot less... just a thought. If you want faster shipping you should buy from somewhere else.
You could try EMS but if you don't dropship this probably won't be necessary.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i don't need to buy in bulk, it's only for me, yes i'm definitely buying from somewhere else where the shipping is 5 days to the UK, they are completely out of stock right now though so i'm in no rush to order right now.

also there is no guarantee that deal extreme will mark the goods down so i don't have to pay import charges when it arrives in the UK.

TuMatos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
considering i only use the r4 gui to get into the games, i couldn't care less if it's pretty/ugly/no touch screen/no icons/whatever. as long as my games keep working on it, im good with it

Nintendude205304

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here if all ROMs work EXACTLY like original games, then I'm content.
But I'm not sure if the R4 works as well as this; doesn't it not work with download play on some games like Mario Kart and New Super Mario Bros.?

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Has the CycloDS fixed their menu that only allowed 4 game choices on screen at once?
Like the R4 that gives you 15 on screen, I herd they were going to give you options in
there next firmware update, has it happened yet? The less time I spend looking for the
game & the more compatible the card is with all games the better the card IMO.

lunatix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^Not really I'll probably give my R4 to my sister sooner or later
I may even get an acekard RPG instead of Cyclo I'll have to wait until I see with one is better

dwkennedy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4DS won't support Pokemon Battle Revolution Wii connect play. R4DS team claimed 100% download compatibility, but apparently that's not true. Maybe it's better with the latest firmware, but demonstrably not 100%.

CycloDS does support PBR connect play, and the download play works to boot. Also, CycloDS will support the newer SDHC 4GB+ ram cards, R4DS never will (it would take a hardware upgrade)

The R4DS is a bit cheaper, and it will play most any game (save download play) without incident. If you don't care about PBR/download play, don't care about the 2GB limit, and want to save some money buy a R4DS. As of today, they are in stock most places.

If you want the a card that performs closer to perfect, and don't mind waiting for them to come back into stock, buy a CycloDS.

Actually, I would prefer a G6DS 2GB card over the R4DS. The menu is much slicker, the compatibility is better, you don't have to worry about losing/damaging the miniSD card (serious concerns if little kids are playing) These are presently in stock with the usual suspects.

Nintendude205304

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well theres not really much to update
tongue.gif

Only things I can think of is Wii connectivity and SDHC support... but neither of these are anywhere near necessary to me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol