Homebrew R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

Phanton

GBAtemp's Nui lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have a similar one, except mine says Dual-Core on it. I'm using a patched TWL_FIRM with v0 whitelist. You can find them on "that iso site". It's worth a try.
Does it need kernel and such? Because I couldn't find the files on the page indicated on the r4, it seems to be too outdated for that

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Does it need kernel and such? Because I couldn't find the files on the page indicated on the r4, it seems to be too outdated for that

Every flashcart needs a kernel. If you can't find one, I'll upload mine, since that's an r4isdhc.com one too.

ZeCroque

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Everyone who's stuck with RxTools not patching TWL Firm ("An error as occured"), either it's because you're on N3DS, or because you don't use the latest nighly which isn't available anymore on lavanoid (but there is this, I don't know what it's worth since it's even newer nightlies that still need testing). Anyway, a quickfix is to install the patched TWL_Firm you'll find on that evil ISO site into your Emunand (If you're having versions conflicts, delete the original TWL Firm, you'll find its title id in the answers from patched TWL topic).

Last edited by ZeCroque,

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Thanks! Been looking for a rom dump of the Gateway Blue cart. Looks like iEDGE should work without a launcher judging from it's arm7 settings. Patched TWL_FIRM will be enough for that one.
Well yes, I thought that iEDGE should work without any problems, but it doesn't work as I described here.
Actually, I think that maybe it's just contact issue, because sometimes it doesn't even show up on Home Menu when I insert it.
But then again, shoudn't it worked at least once then, when it did show its icon and banner?
Anyway, Blue Card is enough for my 3DS, I just will use iEDGE only with my DS Lite. :)

Last edited by redunka,

ZeCroque

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
PaiiNSteven said:
Would this work as homebrew, simalar to the likes of regionFOUR?

Nop, it's modified NDSi titles that you can launch with a patched NDSi firmware (sort of). Nothing to see with homebrews (so if you're on 10.4+ sysnand, no way, don't ask).

Last edited by ZeCroque,

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Yeah, actually many peoples had problems with booting iEDGE on 3DS, so I start to think that it just doesn't fit in card slot properly. :P
Thank you anyway and keep up the good work! I sure would like to see more awesome TWL stuff in the future!

Phanton

GBAtemp's Nui lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have a similar one, except mine says Dual-Core on it. I'm using a patched TWL_FIRM with v0 whitelist. You can find them on "that iso site". It's worth a try.
btw, doesn't that involve patching stuff in sysnand? I'm trying to avoid that

zacnut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah,but version 3.0 beta 2 IS nightly build and latest version.this is the site,i downloaded it,and it says that beta2 is patching twl.if I didnt understand something correctly please inform me
it is a nightly build, but not the newest. I was unaware the 3.0 beta was updated , it used to be pretty outdated. It does patch TWL According to the readme

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@FIX94 Not sure how much this matters anymore, but I ran the official tester on my TTDS and it's a genuine card. Our dumps probably differed because of the sdcard contents on the cards while dumping, or perhaps yours is fake? You can test it out using http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/download-dstt-fake-recovery-1-17-f3692.html
my card is just fine and if you compare hashes with the DSTTDUMP.BIN in this pack with my dump I made with wooddumper you'll see they match.

zacnut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@FIX94 Not sure how much this matters anymore, but I ran the official tester on my TTDS and it's a genuine card. Our dumps probably differed because of the sdcard contents on the cards while dumping, or perhaps yours is fake? You can test it out using http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/download-dstt-fake-recovery-1-17-f3692.html
I dumped 6 times off my 2 TTDS carts on wood and YSMenu in one of my last posts, some I dumped twice if anyone wants to check them out...

Edit, used the genuine check on both my TTDS and both came back "Good". Although it also said "intel" and the other cart said "unknown" on the line above "Good" what ever that is.

Last edited by zacnut,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described