Homebrew R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

dannyboy941

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You need latest version of rxTools or a prepatched TWL_FIRM installed to emunand. (remember if using emunand that you need to install the launcher to both emunand and sysnand). rxTools 2.6 does not have the needed TWL_FIRM patches.
Thanks now is working i had to repatch the TWL_FIRM on sysnand(the emunand well never work for me) with the rxtools 3.0_02 beta but why does not work with rxmode? but with the Pasta(Dev) Mode works fine from advanced menu option.

TehEpicPCGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That one didn't work. Hence why I pulled it from the server. I posted new ones. I could dig them up from my post a few pages back, but someone tested those too and they didn't work either. :(

By the way, can someone do a rom dump of the Gateway Blue Cart. I wanna try and boot it into DSi Mode. :D

Hey dude, sorry to be a bother but is there any chances of working TTDS? The cia you posted for TTDS just hangs on the white loading screen forever.

TheGag96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little unclear as to how this is supposed to work. I'm on an o3DS, 10.6 emuNAND and 9.2 sysNAND, and I have an old R4 that looks like the one in the video (hopefully not fake lol). I just got the newest rxTools off of https://lavanoid.github.io/. I'm supposed to install this launcher on both my NANDs, right? I'm not sure how I'm supposed to go about doing that. Doing so through FBI gives me the same error that darkaxe was having. BBM worked for emuNAND but I'm not sure what to do now for sysNAND.

Currently when I try to launch the launcher I get the "An error has occurred" screen, so I know I'm not done lol. What should I do? Thanks guys.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
if you recently updated rxTools, you'll need to delete the rxtools\data folder on your SD card to force rxTools to do data install again. This will ensure the correct TWL_FIRM patches get applied. And yes you will need to have the launcher installed to sysnand as well if you want to use it from emunand. If using FBI, make sure destination is set to NAND. TWL content never get installed to SD. Since you have rxTools, you can boot into sysnand using X button at the main screen. (of coarse press A first to view the mode options).

Do NOT use PastaMode/DevMode when trying to use the launcher. (if using it from sysnand. Devmode/pasta mode is not available for emunand anyway). DevMode/PastaMode does not apply any patches to TWL_FIRM/AGB_FIRM, so it won't work. Use normal mode if booting into sysnand. (emunand is always normal mode)

Also one final attempt at getting WoodR4 to work in DSi mode:

WoodR4Launcher_DSiMode_v2.rar

If you had the previous version installed, this will simply update it. I optimized the SRL as well so now it's a little smaller. :D
(By update, I mean update the DSiMode version. This is still seperate from the normal WoodR4 launcher, so no, it won't overwrite it. :P )

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
if you recently updated rxTools, you'll need to delete the rxtools\data folder on your SD card to force rxTools to do data install again. This will ensure the correct TWL_FIRM patches get applied. And yes you will need to have the launcher installed to sysnand as well if you want to use it from emunand. If using FBI, make sure destination is set to NAND. TWL content never get installed to SD. Since you have rxTools, you can boot into sysnand using X button at the main screen. (of coarse press A first to view the mode options).

Do NOT use PastaMode/DevMode when trying to use the launcher. (if using it from sysnand. Devmode/pasta mode is not available for emunand anyway). DevMode/PastaMode does not apply any patches to TWL_FIRM/AGB_FIRM, so it won't work. Use normal mode if booting into sysnand. (emunand is always normal mode)

If you had the previous version installed, this will simply update it. I optimized the SRL as well so now it's a little smaller. :D
(By update, I mean update the DSiMode version. This is still seperate from the normal WoodR4 launcher, so no, it won't overwrite it. :P )
It boots at least now. :D
Sadly, every attempt to launch anything results in freezing. :(

Arso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

he boot but freezed when we launched a rom

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i trieda dsi games enchanced but he freezed
touch screen don't work , and he try to load somethink(sd card apear) and freeze directly when you try load a game

Last edited by Arso,

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Wait, it actually manages to load the R4 menu properly? Interesting. :P

Try a DSi Enhanced rom (make sure it was a proper dump too, some DSi enhanced games were dumped using outdated tools and don't have the DSi extended data)

Try some homebrew like hbmenu. Also enabling safe mode to see if it's just not booting right due to cheat system/exit to menu code not working right. (remember, that you need to manually edit the config ini file to exit out of safe mode. I don't think WoodR4 lets me undo safe mode once it's set. Not from the menus anyway)

Also if it still freezes. I can try making it boot into DSi hybrid mode instead.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Arso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the strange think it's certainly the bottom screen freeze, but the top screen it's not freezed it continue to work (i see time changing)

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States

_Pro_Man_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about the M3 DS Real cart @Apache Thunder? I saw you had a link earlier, but took it down because it didn't work. If I can help you get this cart to work, PM me and I might be able to help if you give me instructions. Keep up the good work :)

Marko1000Marko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Sorry DSTT looking like it won't work at the moment. Nothing I tried made it work. :(

Are you sure you didn't just get a bad dump? Because that white screen with the loading icon on the bottom is not how DSTT usually loads. It should load in a way that's similar to this pic:
dstt-menu-error.jpg

TerraCadence

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I'm using what I believe is an original r4. My friend gave it to me and the label is worn down, so I'm not 100% sure, but it only works on my DS Lite and has no banner. I installed the cia of the v2 patched TWL. I've tested both the first launcher linked in this thread and the last launcher linked (wood r4 and wood r4 dsi mode). And every time It'll boot to this screen and just stop.

12784366_691862357622554_1496880844_n.jpg

If I press A, this happens

12767703_691862330955890_657887513_n.jpg

No theme shows, no text shows, and I can't launch anything. I can't even navigate my files. Any idea what's up with this? I"m using the latest wood firmware (1.62). I also have an r4i-sdhc 1.4.3 and it does the exact same thing.

EDIT: I see a v3 was posted while I was typing, I'll try that one really quick.
EDIT 2: Same results.

Last edited by TerraCadence,

TheGag96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having immense trouble just booting into sysNAND with rxTools. The way I have menuhax set up, if I don't hold L+R while I boot into it, it will attempt to go back into my menuhax bootloader. But even if I do, holding L+R at startup will make the OS think I want to go into the camera menu, which for some reason hangs when I exit out of it...

The other trouble I'm going to have is using FBI on sysNAND in the first place. I don't have it installed as a .cia, nor with H&S injection. I tried to begin the process for H&S injection by generating my FAT16 Xorpads but rxTools just crashes when I do that.

How screwed am I? :P

Marko1000Marko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm having immense trouble just booting into sysNAND with rxTools. The way I have menuhax set up, if I don't hold L+R while I boot into it, it will attempt to go back into my menuhax bootloader. But even if I do, holding L+R at startup will make the OS think I want to go into the camera menu, which for some reason hangs when I exit out of it...

The other trouble I'm going to have is using FBI on sysNAND in the first place. I don't have it installed as a .cia, nor with H&S injection. I tried to begin the process for H&S injection by generating my FAT16 Xorpads but rxTools just crashes when I do that.

How screwed am I? :P
What's that have to do with loading old NDS flashcards?

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What about the M3 DS Real cart @Apache Thunder? I saw you had a link earlier, but took it down because it didn't work. If I can help you get this cart to work, PM me and I might be able to help if you give me instructions. Keep up the good work :)
No chance. Not with a stage2 launcher anyway.
The M3 depends on a bunch of additional firmware-specific files that can't be loaded directly, and the stage1 launcher doesn't work well enough on any firmwares to be able to load ROMs.

TDotFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you sure you didn't just get a bad dump? Because that white screen with the loading icon on the bottom is not how DSTT usually loads. It should load in a way that's similar to this pic:
dstt-menu-error.jpg
its not a screen like that the. The bottom screen is just white with the loading icon the comes up when you load a game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the...