Hacking r4 sdhc slow issue

phoenix_wrong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have recently bought the r4 sdhc dual-core 2015 edition and have noticed it is quite slow even on the menu... Its considerably slower at loading games and slowdowns in-game than my r4ds too... Is this normal? I'm using micro sdhc 8gb class 10 and I formatted it with sdformatter4 and used fat32. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!!

phoenix_wrong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
argg, I've heard it works "just fine" from people. I assumed it was going to be fine since my r4 worked great for years with no problems.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
R4i Gold RTS 3DS from R4ids.cn. I had no slowdowns with that card and the Kernel is very fast.
Are you sure that there are special in-game slow-downs with your card? I mean slow menu etc. are "normal" but I didn't experience any uncommon slowdowns during gaming with it.

phoenix_wrong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4i Gold RTS 3DS from R4ids.cn. I had no slowdowns with that card and the Kernel is very fast.
Are you sure that there are special in-game slow-downs with your card? I mean slow menu etc. are "normal" but I didn't experience any uncommon slowdowns during gaming with it.
hmm I'm not sure, I loaded up pokemon white and the intro is slow, and when i loaded up my save the loading screens between going to another area are long, like at least 5 seconds long, which may not seem like a lot but its not normal speed compared to it being nearly instant with r4ds.. and I know this microsd card is good because i have used it before with a dstwo i previously owned. could it be the formatting?

phoenix_wrong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to format it but it would only read fat32. I think I'll just have to return the cart, its loading times in-game are way too slow compared to my old cart.. & maybe try for the one you suggested (I'll make sure to do my research this time lol). Thank you for your help!

phoenix_wrong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
little update: peachds actually doesn't accept returns. however I tried a kingston 2gb micro sd and it worked smoothly with no slowdowns in game vs a sandisk 8gb class2 microsdhc... ehh? hmm oh well I'm glad to play ds games smoothly on my 3ds now :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo