Homebrew R4 SDHC keeps making saves

Ninjamohawk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got an R4 SDHC for my DS Lite (it's the revolution upgrade version without the (i) mark or version explosion marker on it, but it is legit I checked the serial number) and it works fine except for one small issue: While playing SaGa 3 whenever I load the game it says "creating save" and indeed makes a new save every time. So I have like twelve different. *.sav files for SaGa 3. Really weird.

All the other games I've tried seem to work fine. In case it matters (it shouldn't) it's the unofficially English patched version of SaGa 3. Also, the sd card is a 16 GB formatted in FAT32.

Any help would be good.

EDIT: One other odd thing, each save has exactly the same file name. I don't know how that works.

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I had the same issue with N+ (game). It kept on making saves until the SD card got corrupt and I had to format it, backup everything immediately, perform a format and put just the os files and the game on the SD card and try again, see if it does it again (try renaming the .nds file and remove any symbols like . [ ] +).

Ninjamohawk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks that seems to be working. When I initially formatted the card I did so with Windows' "Quick Format" option checked, which might have been a poor choice. This time I did it without that and it took way longer but seems to be not creating duplicated files.

Much appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.