Hacking R4 GUI improvement?

D

Deleted-119707

they should make a scroll wheel to go through the files. like the ipod. so you dont have to use the d-pad.

FaRReR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's random... and a bad suggestion in my opinion- if you use your DS more than 5 days a week like I do, imagine the touchscreen wearing-down that that would cause. Anyway, what's wrong with the D-pad?

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Well, R4DS is simple, and that's the plus point, scrolling through items with mouse(in PC) is good, but touchscreen might accidentally play a game you just want to see what it is.

Also, it has got what it need, no need to improve the GUI

Edit: maybe they wnat to make use of the touchscreen, since it's the main feature of NDS, but usin git too much might cause it to wear, and don't forget those ol' d-pad too! It's been with us for years, and it served us well, no need to forget it now.

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
arsehat said:
Replace moonshell with Yasu's BACK2FW, and you've got a really neat solution that boots straight up to a point where you can choose to run software on the card (what most people will want to do most of the time), boot the DS's own firmware without having to pop the card out (for occasional download play) or load up an old GBA cart in slot 2.
have you actually tried that on an R4? i just tried it tonight and the back2fw freezes when i tried to launch it from the middle icon.

it works though if i launch moonshell first and then launch back2fw from moonshell.

or am i missing something? is this a R4 firmware issue? i am using 1.18

EDIT with more info:
when i use YSMenu with a SCDS1 on the same ds, i can go back to ds firmware by hitting start and choosing to go back to ds menu. the YSMenu function should be the same as yasu's back2fw file, right? i am not sure why one works and the other doesn't.

i also try to launch the newest version of moonshell v1.71 from the middle icon and that also failed. =\

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I love the original DS Menu box with the Icon & text.

That's why I hate the other flashcards' menus.

But now, really?! How the hell am I supposed to know what is that NEW game I'm looking at by just its icon & filename (scene one)??? In M3 Real, for example.

Shees...

g4med4d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see anything wrong with the GUI. Although I've never used any other flashcards. The GUI is simple enough even my four-yr old child can operate. I'm more interested in the game than the GUI which I hardly spend more than 1 min looking at anyways.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
da_head said:
I was just wondering, do you guys think they'll ever improve the r4 gui? its one of the worst compared to most flashcarts. its very simplistic and boring.
frown.gif

one thing i hated about the gui is that the screen that displays what game icon you are selecting is at the top and the menu uses the d pad instead of proper touch screen use, it's been like that since it first came out and they didn't even bother to fix it.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Well, using touchpad too much might cause some damage to it.

Anyway, using D-pads will secure you from accidentally playing ythe wrong game. Touchscreens tend to not very accurate sometimes.

So, yea I support the current GUI, although some new model of GUI might be good......

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Personally I prefer using the D pad to control it. I find touchscreen just too much of a hassle. Sure it's cool, but convenience is a number 1 for me. A new GUI might be good though, something which has both support for touchscreen and D pad, maybe with a very expandable menu or something similar to windows... pretty impossible though.

da_head

A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Gman 101 said:
Personally I prefer using the D pad to control it. I find touchscreen just too much of a hassle. Sure it's cool, but convenience is a number 1 for me. A new GUI might be good though, something which has both support for touchscreen and D pad, maybe with a very expandable menu or something similar to windows... pretty impossible though.
well my friend's acekard 2 uses touchscreen and it works brilliantly. though i mite be answering my own question there haha.

beve

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
i like the m3real firmware and the cycloDS game selection and i dont see a use for boot slot-2 like if they replaced that with back2fw it would be nice cause for you people out there that hate me for saying this you can boot slot-2 in the nds firmware and moonshell is tackie i hate it i wish they would replace it with ds orginize it can do all that and it got things like web browser and homebrew database now i dont see moonshell with that..so basicly the r4 needs a gui face lift +sdhc support i hate 2GB SDs and i carnt find a 4gb non sdhc one on ebay but i surpose r4 wont be doing that with nintnedo suing them

Holaitsme

10/10 would be loyal again
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
beve do you not get moonshell is good to play videos with and you can change the media to boot any homebrew as long as you delete the moonshell files _DS_MSHL.nds and moonshl folder than just get your homebrew and rename it to _DS_MSHL.nds and 4 gb non microsdhc is rare and even if you found it it would be slow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm starting to sound like a Tck