Hacking [Question] Will changing Emunand work for Gateway, too?

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey gbatemp!

I saw a great tutorial video from @DarkFlare69 and I was thinking of to change my Gateway Emunand from EUR to JPN.

He shows that it works fine in rxTools and my question is, does this works in Gateway Emunand, too?
My Gateway Emunand is still on 10.5 and I know, I must dowgrade my Emunand to 9.2. My sysnand on the o3ds is on 8.1 so I must update this via sysUpdater to 9.2 first but thats no problem for me.

All I want to know is: Is it possible for Gateway?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Traiver,
Reactions: XRaidersP

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
You CAN access the eshop of other region ,such as JAPAN eshop, all you need to do is delete your eshop logs,by entering eshop menu, delete it, then you can enter eshop of other region.
OR IF you had NNID linked with your current eshop ,use another same region nand without NNID on the same console to try to enter eshop ,then there will be an error accured, switch the JAPAN emunand ,you can enter the eshop now.

Always remember , one console can only be logged on one eshop database at the same time
Changing the region works, but it's only useful if you want to change the system display language and the language that games play in. You can't access different region eShops this way.

Last edited by pdapanda,

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You CAN access the eshop of other region ,such as JAPAN eshop, all you need to do is delete your eshop logs,by entering eshop menu, delete it, then you can enter eshop of other region.
OR IF you had NNID linked with your current eshop ,use another same region nand without NNID on the same console to try to enter eshop ,then there will be an error accured, switch the JAPAN emunand ,you can enter the eshop now.

Always remember , on console can only be logged on one eshop database at the same time
I saw this tutorial here:

- 2 SD Cards
- 3rd SD Card, with another region, formatted and updated to 9.6, AND has an NNID Japan-like to work with rxtools.
- And a 4.1-4.5 SysNAND.

Step 1: Format EmuNAND with Gateway on the 2 SD Cards. Use the 1st SD Card via steps 2-6.
Step 2: Boot Gateway Mode. Go to System Settings, and go to the 4th page to lead to "Format System"
Step 3: Accept the format. After formatting, it'll kick you back to SysNAND.
Step 4: Now launch Gateway, launch EmuNAND and apply the 9.9 update. It'll kick you back to SysNAND.
Stpe 5: Test the EmuNAND again with Gateway. It'll say that you have new features. Then turn off the console.
Step 6: Turn off the 3DS, eject it, and use EmuNAND tool to Extract the the EmuNAND.
Step 7: Use the 2nd SD Card to inject the extracted EmuNAND. Close off EmuNAND tool after done, and eject the SD Card.
Step 8: With the 1st SD Card, set up an NNID. BUT DON'T SET IT UP ON THE 2ND SD CARD.
Step 9: After setting it up, launch the eShop. Set it up as usual. While on the main page, press HOME and close it off. Turn off the 3DS.
Step 10: Use the 2nd SD Card you didn't set up an Nintendo Network ID with, and launch eShop. It'll say an error message. When you see the error message, TURN OFF the 3DS. This is very important.
Step 11: Now use the 3rd SD Card with another region. Launch the eShop. Aw, it worked! Great job!

But I haven't a linked NNID on my 3DS, so how do I exaclty do this with your first method?

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I saw this tutorial here:

- 2 SD Cards
- 3rd SD Card, with another region, formatted and updated to 9.6, AND has an NNID Japan-like to work with rxtools.
- And a 4.1-4.5 SysNAND.

Step 1: Format EmuNAND with Gateway on the 2 SD Cards. Use the 1st SD Card via steps 2-6.
Step 2: Boot Gateway Mode. Go to System Settings, and go to the 4th page to lead to "Format System"
Step 3: Accept the format. After formatting, it'll kick you back to SysNAND.
Step 4: Now launch Gateway, launch EmuNAND and apply the 9.9 update. It'll kick you back to SysNAND.
Stpe 5: Test the EmuNAND again with Gateway. It'll say that you have new features. Then turn off the console.
Step 6: Turn off the 3DS, eject it, and use EmuNAND tool to Extract the the EmuNAND.
Step 7: Use the 2nd SD Card to inject the extracted EmuNAND. Close off EmuNAND tool after done, and eject the SD Card.
Step 8: With the 1st SD Card, set up an NNID. BUT DON'T SET IT UP ON THE 2ND SD CARD.
Step 9: After setting it up, launch the eShop. Set it up as usual. While on the main page, press HOME and close it off. Turn off the 3DS.
Step 10: Use the 2nd SD Card you didn't set up an Nintendo Network ID with, and launch eShop. It'll say an error message. When you see the error message, TURN OFF the 3DS. This is very important.
Step 11: Now use the 3rd SD Card with another region. Launch the eShop. Aw, it worked! Great job!

But I haven't a linked NNID on my 3DS, so how do I exaclty do this with your first method?

It should be supposed to be located in the eshop menu—— others,
however, nintendo has changed UI since a few months ago, you should find it yourself

Attachments

• 011146fks1ojp4vkjqy6ks.jpg
    011146fks1ojp4vkjqy6ks.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 206

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should be supposed to be located in the eshop menu—— others,
however, nintendo has changed UI since a few months ago, you should find it yourself
Okay and after deleting eshop logs, I can set up a japanese Emunand and the eShop works? o.O But I'm on 9.2 EUR Emunand then, how to enter eShop? xD (because on that ISO site there is no 10.5J Update files)

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Okay and after deleting eshop logs, I can set up a japanese Emunand and the eShop works? o.O But I'm on 9.2 EUR Emunand then, how to enter eShop? xD (because on that ISO site there is no 10.5J Update files)

you can always download latest updates with 3DNUS

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Always remember , one console can only be logged on one eshop database at the same time

I wonder if this misinformation will ever stop spreading; at the very least, it's a complicated issue.
TL;DR: You can't access other region eShops after region-changing on N3DS. See my posts in this other thread for more details:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/possible-to-change-emunand-region-on-emunand-10-5.412422/#post-6025336
http://gbatemp.net/threads/possible-to-change-emunand-region-on-emunand-10-5.412422/#post-6026337

No, I still believe there is some misunderstanding here. It DOES'T MATTER WHERE THE SecureInfo_A FILE COMES FROM! The type of the DESTINATION SYSTEM is what matters for whether or not it can get on the eShop after region-changing. If the system you are trying to region-change is a N3DS, the eShop will NOT WORK after the region-change, regardless of the system you get the SecureInfo_A file from.

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well played sir... xD
I wonder if this misinformation will ever stop spreading; at the very least, it's a complicated issue.
TL;DR: You can't access other region eShops after region-changing on N3DS. See my posts in this other thread for more details:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/possible-to-change-emunand-region-on-emunand-10-5.412422/#post-6025336
http://gbatemp.net/threads/possible-to-change-emunand-region-on-emunand-10-5.412422/#post-6026337
The talk is about the o3DS and not the n3DS!

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The talk is about the o3DS and not the n3DS!

True, but if the O3DS came with any apps pre-installed on it and linked to the system's legacy account (or if anything was downloaded on the system before the institution of NNIDs that doesn't exist in the target system-change region), eShop still wouldn't work. I just wanted to mention all the details as a caution before trying this out. It still applies to an O3DS, just in a much more limited circumstance.

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

I'm not misleading,I did access USA eshop on a JPN o3ds,if you can't,it just mean you are not lucky or did something stupid, who fuck cares losers.
Anyway,the deletion of your eshop posession is recommended,that means to erase your records on the Nintendo's eshop server completely. Yes ,Give Up what you have currently ,and
forever give them up.
If you can't understand why this step is nessesary, you will never be able to change eshop region on 3DS.

Last edited by pdapanda,

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not misleading,I did access USA eshop on a JPN o3ds,if you can't,it just mean you are not lucky or did something stupid, who fuck cares losers.
Anyway,the deletion of your eshop posession is recommended,that means to erase your records on the Nintendo's eshop server completely. Yes ,Give Up what you have currently ,and
forever give them up.
If you can't understand why this step is nessesary, you will never be able to change eshop region on 3DS.

Okay, I set up my 3DS with a japanese 10.5 emunand now. But when I want to access the eShop it says: 005-5602 error code. I was looking for it and all I found was, I must disable the sub region but it didn't worked. And a little note: I have 3 SD Cards: 1 with EUR Emunand (NNID linked), 1 with EUR Emunand (No NNID) and the 3 with JAP Emunand.

Can you help me with this too?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4